Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Photography 

I didn't see anything stopping me from posting my own photos that are not of furries, so....
The foxes make it easy to take pics. They're like, "Hmm... What is that....? *Stares.*"
But the raccoons are like, "No, I'm not staying still for your slow camera! I want it-- GIMME! *Leaps at it.*"
But my dragons make it easy. <3 "*Stares wide.*"
Yet frogs are very difficult-- this was a long-distance shot, one of my first uses of the feature on my new camera. Otherwise, they're all, "*Hops into water.*"

Joshua chapter 1, verse 9.

Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:06 pm
Profile WWW

Caterpillars are really easy. All they do is.... "*Eat.*"
Butterfly coming out! "Hello, World!"
Wolves are pretty easy except when they either fear the camera, want to eat the camera, or you're trying to make them look at it instead of you because someone else is photographing you with a wolf you've known well for 10 years.
Here is my Rankin's-Bearded (Dragon) mix being adorable. The Rankin's in him makes him a climber.

Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:17 pm
Profile WWW

I'm also an urban archaeologist.
Across from the site above, where I found a 1903 penny along with some insulators and broken bottles, I entered an abandoned (or so I thought) building which, the records left behind telling me, was last used in 1997. My diggings in it tell me it was built in the 1890s and until the 1950s as it expanded. I brought out an 1869 penny, some bottles, a rare insulator, and many pics.
Here I go crawling into a dark, deep hole. I always like making my viewers feel like they're coming with me.
Sometimes its bright and cheery, even with the wall off-camera at left half missing.
Other times, entire rooms and halls are pitch-black. :)
Also, I used to do landscape pics, but I've rarely done that since I got a new camera.
The photo above is a scene that lasts about 6 minutes here. When the orange light suddenly filled the room last month, I threw myself out of my chair and grabbed the camera, launched myself out the door and began taking pics immediately because I had about 4 minutes left.

These photos could be made better, but I do no edits. These are just as the camera captures save for occasional cropping.

Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:26 pm
Profile WWW

With my OLD CAMERA, this is how photos turned out:

Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:06 pm
Profile WWW

I can see the difference between your old and new cameras. I actually have a bit of an interest in photography myself. I must remember to upload some of my shots some time.

You have some great pictures though! Some of them show some good thought in the composition. I would recommend playing around a little with positioning though. Sometimes things look better when they're not slap in the middle of the photo. ;)

My favourite of these shots is actually the last one despite the lower quality. I like the depth of field and the flowing lines of the grass sharply contrasted with the flatness of the horizon.

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the awesome Uncle Noob!

Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:12 am
Profile WWW

It'd be good to see yours as well.

I'll see if I can find other positions for the main focus in some photos.

I have a lot like the last one. I took them mainly on the day after Christmas last year, for we had no snow. I rode my bike down to the lake and also went digging. LOL.

Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:01 pm
Profile WWW

Hmm... yup. Bot.
it's an ad, if you're wondering.

At the cross is love beyond hate, faith beyond doubt, and hope beyond despair.

Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]