Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
My drawings and artwork 

After thinking for a while I decided to show my art off here as well. It isn't much yet, but there's a lot more to come.

Here's my fursona! This drawing was entirely made with New Art Academy on the 3DS, for that's the only thing in my possession with a touch screen I can draw on. It took a few days, some frustration and a lot of music and other art for inspiration, but the end result is better than I expected. It's the first time I drew something this detailed, so let me know what you think of it.

Attachment:
02MichenSneeuwhart_CD.jpg

I used an professional art programme (PaintDotNet) for this picture. I really like how it worked out.

Attachment:
02MichenSneeuwhart_DA.jpg

If you compare this picture with the drawing above, you'll notice some differences. Here are the most noticeable ones:

- Added several details
- The cross on the forehead now looks more like a cross on the forehead
- Made the scarf wider and longer
- Now has a black background instead of a white background
- Made the outlines thinner
- Looks less hand-made

It seems that with PaintDotNet I can make something more detailed and more complex, but with New Art Academy it looks hand-drawn and it takes less effort to draw.

Last edited by Quelami on Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:35 pm
Profile WWW

The images don't seem to work because that site requires a login to view them...

The site when I manually try to view the images wrote:
It seems that you are not allowed to download or view attachments on this board.
Please login below or register an account with Furry Forums.

Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:04 pm

Oops... I didn't think about that. I fixed it now.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:53 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Looks good!

Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:05 pm
Profile WWW

Here's my second character, Rosea. I mainly made her for RPs wherein using Michen is not smart or appropriate to use.

Attachment:
04_Rosea_CD.jpg

You can ignore the shadow if you want, I just wanted to try out one of the features of New Art Academy (the software I use for pencil sketches and colored drawings. From what I've heard from others it looks a lot like a drawing on paper).

Attachment:
04_Rosea_DA.png

I'm really wondering whether I should create a DA account, especially given I wanted to make some fanart later on. I'll wait with deciding that later as I want to get a bit better with digital artwork first.

Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:44 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

How d'ya talk with the rose like that? :3

Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:35 am
Profile WWW

You can talk with a rose in your mouth. Whether it's understandable is another question.

But really, she usually isn't walking around with a rose. It was just for artistic purposes, although she can easily do that of course.

Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:07 am
Profile WWW

It's been way too long since I made something and posted it here, so here I go.

It was about time I finished this. I had an art trade with Firox from The Furry Forums, and here's Flareon from my part. I tried my best, but there are still a lot of things off. Guess that just means I can learn a lot just from this drawing I can take with me for my next drawing (that's why I made the art trade in the first place). If any of you have constructive criticism for me, I'd love to hear it.

By the way, all public drawings I'll make from now on I'll put on my DeviantArt account as well.

Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:30 am
Profile WWW

There's definitely improvement there! The pose has more depth and there seem to be more places where the lines also reinforce that depth (especially near the hind legs). The neck fur near the forelegs is nicely concealing it there, though :) The position of the headfur w.r.t. the ears seems reversed, though; the left ear is behind the headfur and the right ear seems to be in front of it, which doesn't make sense with the head position.

(And I'm not saying I'd do it any better :P)

Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:35 pm

Thanks for pointing it out. I still need a lot of improvement, but I learn from my errors. I'll take it with me for later drawings.

Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:10 pm
Profile WWW

This is a mandrake, pretty much Etrian Odyssey's iconic enemy. It's effect depends on the game. I didn't take too much time to make this (as I'm actually supposed to work on something else), so I decided to finish the lineart and upload it as is. I made this with pencils and paper rather than my 3DS, but making a picture with my 3DS is not the best way to share it. I'll try to find a better way for next time...

Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:27 pm
Profile WWW

About time I uploaded something new. This drawing is a character based on the forest folk of Etrian Odyssey, though I might've made a few changes here and there...? Anyways, this is one of my first attempts at drawing human-like creatures. The arms and legs were a pain to do, so I decided to leave the feet as is. If I tried making the feet and hands better I wouldn't have posted this before the end of the next month...

By the way, from this place I thank my dad for giving me the drawing book for sinterklaas. Without it, the drawing would probably take even longer and still look a lot worse. I doubt he'll see this, but he probably already knows anyways.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:53 am
Profile WWW

I love how your style is developing.

(B.F. Westcott)

Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:47 am
Profile WWW

Thank you. I learn more the more I draw, of course, so I always find new ways to improve. Even if it takes me three months to complete...

Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:43 am
Profile WWW

It's true that hands and feet are the hardest to draw, but you did do a nice job on the hands!

Quelami wrote:
Even if it takes me three months to complete...

You could try just making a few 'bad' drawings every once in a while. Instead of focusing on perfection, just draw something, throw it away, draw something else, throw it away. These drawings aren't going to be good, but you do learn from them, even if you don't immediately see it.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:50 pm
Lady Sloth

I agree with what Tayi said. I have a sketchbook for this purpose: whatever goes in the sketchbook doesn't have to be "good." Some of it is good, some of it is terrible. A sketchbook is for experimenting and trying new things. If you don't try, and you don't practice, you can't get better!

Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:33 pm
Profile WWW

I have a few small practise drawings I keep for myself. Those are fairly short to do, but what I was trying to say that I should be more focused on drawing one particular thing so I can upload good drawings faster.

Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]