Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Timber's Photography 

Ian the Gecko wrote:
Dude, you have to show us how to make those! :D

Soon. I have a start of a tutorial; just need to sit down and really work on it. I'm getting my projects list knocked down.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:46 pm
Site Administrator

Oh, not rushing you or anything, but those shots are incredible.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:39 am
Profile WWW

It's only been a little over a month since I've done anything; real life (setting up for the gallery and 14 straight days of work with overtime) decided it wanted attention. Now the gallery is up and running, which is cool. Not much traffic, but anything is far more than I thought I would ever get. :D
Might as well share some animal photography now that I've got a chance. These shots come from my last zoo visit from a few days ago.

I always called these guys bumble-bees as a kid. Wikipedia says I'm probably right; there's 250 bees that get called bumble bee. I don't know much about insects, they aren't my thing. I do like taking pictures of them though. I wish I had a macro lens; it'd make taking these shots a lot easier.

I've honestly not paid attention to which cheetah is which at the Denver zoo; one had died about a year ago, and the other one had been depressed. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that they had introduced a second cheetah. I think this is the new one; she's (I think she's a she..) a lot more active than the other one. And much more willing to be photogenic.

Oh! New watermark time too. My fiance whipped that up for me; it's my logo. Still not a fan of watermarks.. We'll see if I decide to keep using them.

Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:26 pm
Site Administrator

Nice job on the bee for not having a macro lens! That's a pretty kitty, too. And the watermark looks good; Blue did a nice job. :3

Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:40 pm
Profile WWW

New wave! This time from RMFC (Rocky Mountain Fur Con) 2012. Despite me carrying my camera around all three days, I didn't do a lot of photo snapping. Hotel lighting is bad, and most suiters don't stand still long enough for good exposures, which means high ISO, which means noise.Maybe a faster lens could help.. Life of a photographer. also, I don't do well with people and people-like subjects, which is something I should work on.
anyway, here's a few shots.

Suiters Hibiki and my friend Starlet.

HiFi Husky and Storm.

My personal favorite of the bunch. I think I should try for more dynamic shots. >.> Also, I really like Toxic Mutt's suit for some reason.

I have a non-fursuit shot I did while at the con, in hopes to use it in the HDR tutorial. We'll see if I like it enough to use.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:37 pm
Site Administrator

Awesome! I like how he's the only thing even remotely in focus in the last one!

Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Cute!

Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:58 pm
Profile WWW

Sleet wrote:
Awesome! I like how he's the only thing even remotely in focus in the last one!

Agreed, the perspective and foreground focus really make this picture stand out. Great job!

Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:01 pm
Profile WWW

Was August really the last time I uploaded something? Yikes.
Have a fresh HDR picture!

Attachment:
BroncoCourthousetiny.jpg

Denver courthouse on a Friday night. All lit up in Bronco's colors (local football team.).
Also, Santa seems to be stuck here in Denver. Not sure what that says about our justice system.
Larger version here.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:02 pm

I may have forgotten to actually post any photography in a long time. My hard drive is full of stuff I need to go through.

Here's one that I've wanted to do for a while. The full image is huge, but Photoshop gets a little upset when I make it small enough for here (hence the lines in this. Go to my DeviantArt one for a better view).

This is Gates Factory. It's a massive abandoned rubber factory with all sorts of rumors and explorers trying to get in. There's been quite a few deaths over the years too as people fall into unknown vats and open elevator shafts. They used to produce tires and belts when this location was open, but closed decades ago. With asbestos and other chemical contamination, no one really wants to invest money to clean it up.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:39 pm

Since this went up on my photography Tumblr today, figured I'd share it here. It's been a while since I've done animal photography. I forgot how much I like it.

Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:04 pm
Site Administrator

Is that one of those gulls that follows the trash trucks from California?

Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:41 pm
Profile WWW

That'd make the most sense. He seems fairly out of place here in Colorado.

Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:30 pm

Another picture I'm putting up on Tumblr. Cleaned up my camera far more than I have before and ended up restoring the sharpness my lenses used to have! I'm so excited! And this tigress is all bashful about getting her picture taken.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:28 am

Oh so pretty! Crisp as an apple on nippy autumn day, i'll tell yea hawhat!
But really, it's super nice and I'm glad you could restore your equipment!

Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:07 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Yish, she's a lovely lady~

Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:16 pm
Profile WWW

Sometimes the only thing I have in my hands is my phone. But Colorado has some awesome weather. This is a wall cloud that dropped 5 confirmed tornadoes (I didn't see any) today.

Wed May 21, 2014 5:10 pm

What, me taking photos again? Say it ain't so! Anyways, I've got three photo shoots of all sorts of different things this week, and aiming for more since I'm on vacation.
This is from last week at the zoo. I found a circular polarized filter (think of polarized sunglasses without added tinting) on clearance, so I had to pick it up. It has three main attributes: Little to no glare or reflections from most surfaces, better contrast in most situations, and less light through the lens (which does have its uses). Two of these three are great for how I like to shoot, the last one makes it harder. But there's other things I can do to make up for that so here's a shot with the filter in action. Larger version here.

Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:46 pm
Site Administrator

This lizard approves! ^.=.^

Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:01 pm
Profile WWW

One of the photos from a hike last week up to Hanging Lake. It's a pretty area, and all the leaves were changing colors. So of course I find the greenest spot.
I tried a different HDR technique to see if I could get better results. The leaves all match up correctly now which is awesome, but now the saturation is through the roof. I'll figure it out some day.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next