Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
opening five free avatar slots (closed for now) 
Lady Sloth

I have this thing where I specifically offer FFC members free avatars, in case they don't have character art of their fursonas to use. Outside of FFC, these avatars would be $5 each.

I've decided to open up five free slots since I've finally cleared my backlog from a long time ago. Check this post for updates:

1. Suzaku -- phoenix (COMPLETE)
2. kaiyote -- coyote (COMPLETE)
3. Repentant Sinner -- purple squirrel (COMPLETE)
4. Cal -- vulpine dragon (COMPLETE)
5. Rathead -- pending further description
6. King Friday -- blue dragon (pending)

Here are the rules:

- ONE avatar per person. If I have already made you one in the past, that's it, sorry. ^-^;

- one character per avatar, unless you can sweet-talk me otherwise.

- headshots/upper body only, unless it's something small like a bird or, idk, a snail. you know what I mean.

- slots will be filled on a first-come-first-serve basis, but they might not be completed in order. I do them depending on what kind of animals I'm in the mood to draw at the time.

- it will be 300 x 300 pixels at 300 dpi.

- It will also be a png with a transparent background, unless a specific color or gradient is requested.

- will be fully inked, coloured, and shaded, unless you prefer flat colours or back and white.

- *legal stuff* by requesting art from me, you give me the right to use your art in my furry portfolio--that is, you allow me to post it to DA, FA, and otherwise showcase it along with your username/the name of the character. I will not sell it or use it in anything given or sold to anyone else, and you retain full copyright on your character. I also give you full permission to use the avatar I make in any way you will, including in commercial ventures if you're so inclined. Be kind and attribute me as the artist as either G-E-Oriens (my DA handle) or Tica (my FA handle).

IF YOU WANT ONE:

First of all, check out the other avatars I have done, and see if you like my style. (I use references. Note that my shading technique has noticeably improved from the first avatar to the last there.)

Then, if you like my stuff, post in this thread, giving me a detailed description of what you want and a reference photo of the animal or character in question.

(N.B. -- You are not required to use the avatar on the FFC. :P I will say, however, that I disapprove of using copyrighted art as avatars without the artists' permission. This whole thing started as a way for people who had no art of their characters to stop using art they had stolen.)

Finally, wait however long it takes. I will post the avatar in this thread and then PM you to tell you it's here. Note again that this is not first-come-first serve: I draw them in whatever order I want. If I put you on the list, though, you have my word that I will make you something *eventually*.

Peace, everybody!

-----

some avatar examples:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

NOTE: If I have offered to make you an avatar in the past and haven't made it (hobofawkes, hunter the dog, some other people from the old FFC) I cancelled your request because you never provided me with reference art or because I lost the references you provided in the server move. If you resupply me with your info, I will do yours as well, even if the five slots get filled before you get back to me.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:38 pm
Profile WWW

Hey! So I have no artwork of my fursona, and my friend Crystal sent me a link to this because you appear to be a wonderful artist doing a wonderful thing. I figure I'll give it a shot and see if you like me enough to give it a go :P

My fursona is a Phoenix, with red feathers (a red-to-gold gradient on the feathers starting at the coverts and going down to the primaries/secondaries). She is fully anthropomorphic (that is, she has both arms AND wings, not arm-wings) and typically wears a flame-colored Chinese robe. Her eyes are... well, think Eye of Sauron, except round pupils and the fiery effect is just the iris. Her head is more feral-looking than human-looking, red-feathered, with a slightly curved beak and a sweeping crest of feathers that looks like flame going down the back of her head. The crest fades to orange-gold as it goes.

Here are some reference pics I found that might help:
This artist's head design is similar to mine, except the crest is not quite as spiky, the neck isn't as long, and the beak isn't as curved: http://fav.me/d58ti8g
This wallpaper has wings similar to mine. The beak is also more like my fursona: http://www.wallpapersshop.net/wp-conten ... awing-.jpg

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:40 pm
Lady Sloth

I'll do a headshot only, no clothes visible. might take a little time as I need to work out a design in my head first.

EDIT

I don't usually do this, but I admit I have very little experience with phoenixes, so I thought I might show you the sketch first. Did you mean something like this?

(oh and I'm assuming your "suzaku" is the kanji "朱雀")

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:40 pm
Profile WWW

:D Yes, that's very good! Pretty much spot-on.

And yes, the kanji is correct :3

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:47 pm
Lady Sloth

sweet! I'll finalize the sketch, ink, and color once I have the free time. ^-^*

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:50 pm
Profile WWW

I suppose I'll take you up on your offer (provided, of course, you choose to let me take you up on your offer ;)). Like suzaku, I have no refs of my fursona, but for the most part, he is a fairly standard coyote. The majority of his distinguishing features can be observed in my current avatar image.

His coloration is primarily dark ash grey with light silver sprinkled throughout, giving him a sort of salt and pepper look, although with vastly more "pepper" than "salt". His chest/belly is lighter, but still relatively dark. However, his main feature is the fact that his eyes are hetero-chromic. His left eye (image-right in the avatar) is silver, while is right eye (image-left in the avatar) is green. His other main feature is that his tail fades from his primary ash grey color to his light silver color, with the transition starting about halfway down the tail. However, since you'd only be doing a headshot, this shall remain an unconfirmed rumor.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:04 am
Lady Sloth

kaiyote, I've added you to the list, and I will get yours done after a few other trades I'm in the midst of on FA.

--

Suzaku! I finished yours... I hope you like it:

Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:23 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

That is so cute. <3

Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:47 am
Profile WWW

I love it! :D Thank you so much Tica!

Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:30 am
Lady Sloth

you're very welcome ^____^*

*insert plug that I also do paid commissions here*

I still have 3 free avatar slots open, so y'all need to work on getting your friends to join the FFC!!

Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:55 pm
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

.... I didn't like how it was hard to read the kanji when you scaled the avatar down, so I just spent 30 seconds and made the kanji bigger this time.

You can use whichever one you like better, but for me (since I actually do speak/read Japanese to a certain degree) legibility is important.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:45 pm
Profile WWW

I would like to take you up on the offer ^.^ http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdeum ... o1_500.png Is the base I love, but with tighter clothes, I prefer tight fitting clothes over loose, And a bit slimmer as well... If you need more description let me know!! (if you do choose to let me take you up on the offer)

Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:45 pm
Lady Sloth

do you want a different hairstyle or eye color?

I will only do a bust/headshot but if clothes are showing it'll be a fitted black t-shirt.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:10 pm
Profile WWW

Hairstyle is fine but if you could I would love for the eyes to be white instead of their current color

Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:14 pm
Lady Sloth

And here's the one for kaiyote!

The text is the IPA pronunciation guide for "kahy-oht"--as opposed to "kahy-oh-tee"

idk if I fully captured the salt-n-pepper look, but I do think the eyes look nice at least xD

(my coyotes are always kinda catlike... o.o)

Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:08 am
Profile WWW

He's plenty salt-n-pepper-y. I really do like the eyes (really the absolute primary feature anyway). Thank you very much, Tica!

Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:35 pm
Lady Sloth

you're welcome :D

Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:25 am
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

and here is the avatar for our resident purple squirrel, Repentant Sinner!

I moved from Colorado to New York recently, and that plus a whole bunch of badge trades on FA made this later than I intended for it to be.

If you had a different idea for the white eye, lemme know and I can tweak it.

hope you like it ~

Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:38 pm
Profile WWW

Love it~~~~ :D:D:D:D Thank you so much :D:D:D:D

Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next