Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Help NEEDED! 

I am writing my story, yes?

Well, I am having trouble describing Warlord Krro'Gaath, and I was wondering if some of you guys can come up with ideas on what he should look like.

Krro'Gaath is a dragon anthromorph, keep in mind. Horns, scales, and such. Dragon anthros normally do not have wings in my universe, and if a dragon anthromorph is born with wings, they are cut off at birth to "preserve honor". It is considered shameful to keep your wings in Krro'Gaathian culture. It is a sign of self-righteousness and arrogance to those born without wings. It also is a sign of weakness in times of war, and only cowards keep their wings to escape from battle when they are afraid while the wingless stand their ground. So yeah, no wings, or else scars where the wings should be.

I appreciate all the suggestions! 8-)

Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:11 pm

I'll take a crack at it:

If you read his file, or took his measurements as a tailor, you'd find little that was intimidating or otherwise noteworthy about Warlord Krro'Gaath. He stood a head shorter than the burly elite warriors that constantly flank him, and at least twenty kilos lighter. What scales were revealed through his aged and surprisingly unadorned armor was rough and dull; hardly the glimmering and smooth scales of the nobility. It didn't help his skin was the dark brown of commoners, the kind most often seen among farmers and other plebeians. His horns were short and knobby, and one of his yellow eyes was bloodshot, the result no doubt of a long scar that raked across his face. The oddest, and ostensibly most important feature that Krro'Gaath carried was the single, atrophied wing on his back. One wing had grown in partially, the other never peaked. the small, vestigial appendage never moved and only barely twitched in it's usefulness. Still, No one would dare mention it, and the Warlord seem to carry it with pride.

Like all things, it is the presence that makes a man. His every motion, from the careful prowling of his eyes to the way his tail gently swayed, was the very revelation of a predator. His movements were at once subtle, and whipcord fast; an alarming combination that made even the most innocuous of motions strangely intimidating. He had a way of sizing a person up - quick, almost unnoticeable assessment of someone that made you feel particularly vulnerable and exposed. Of course, like the deadliest of predators, his most intimidating feature was his terrifying intelligence. He spoke rarely and with brevity, and either on purpose or quite unintentionally everyone always stopped to hear him speak; the softness of his voice only adding further to the atmosphere. There's little point in making note to his tactical genius; his combat history alone is testament to that. What's more interesting is the way he deconstructs you as a person; there's a rumor that floats among his men that Red Eye Krro'Gaath can see through any lie, and that's not far from the truth. He has a singular ability to see through whatever veneer you may be constructing, isolating your weakness, and drawing it into the light with the precision of a surgeon.

Look, if you still insist on meeting him, all I have to say is this: be honest, don't bother with flattery, and whatever you do, don't interest him. It's best your business with the warlord be completed quickly, and that he does not find you too entertaining.

-G.K. Chesterton

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:39 pm

TAHM STAHP! TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHM!
(couldn't find the right "He's so cool" Gif from the cat returns so....)

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:55 pm
Profile WWW

oh sorry :oops: misread your post

Last edited by spaceroo on Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:26 pm

Also to those who are not familiar with the story so far:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1219

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]