Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
What We Do 

Warning: I was depressed the day I wrote this.
I'm a thief, a r*p*st, and a murderer. You give me the world to take care of, and I take it all for my own. I take it, I r*pe it-- I force it to give into me, to give me what I want, and I shove it away from me when it doesn't give me exactly what I want anymore. It's all for my own gain. I market the fruits of its own labour and take all of the profits as my own. I use them to boost me forward as it declines into decay, into hopelessness, into permanent death.
It's not just my world, either, else this could be "justified" in the twisted, sick mind of an environmental pervert-- that's what most people are who have some idea of what they're doing and still do it to Your creation.
And I steal from our children, from our friends' children, from our families' future that at this rate will never be. I am killing them before they are even born. My hands wring their necks as my hands pluck from the Earth all of its life. I slaughter them with every slash of the angered teeth of my chainsaw. I dig into their hope and steal it as my shovels and machines rip open the earth and leave it a waste. I starve them of advancement, of prosperity, as I waste the meaty bones of my plastics, metals, papers, water, etc. They cannot feast on the prosperity we today have. They cannot feast at all as the nutrients in the earth disappear to feed my appetite, to feed my greed.
And the money in my pocket, in my bank, in my numerous possessions-- it is all worthless. I will die, which will be the best thing for this world as my body will feed the trees growing up around my grave. I will die, and I will no longer have the money I saved up, never used-- never used to do good on this Earth, to do the Earth well like it has done me.
So I continue to modify the landscape, as it dries up before me and I do not care. I slaughter the precious, rare sites that will one day vanish. I pollute our world so it rots away in agony, in modifications done by our laziness and bad habits. I remain ignorant and refuse to realise how inter-connected we all are, how each creature affects the next, how I cannot live without them. But as I speed through my fast-paced life, I speed our entire future toward death.
I am a thief, a r*pist, and a murderer. So are you.

Joshua chapter 1, verse 9.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]