Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Thinking of doing an RP, any volunteers/thoughts? 

I am not the best at this, but I had an rp in mind called "The Heretic" which basically is based on a character who used to be a devout cleric all his life and followed a strict life dedicated to the church. However he eventually turns his back on his patron god and religion and studies more of what I will call "the middle path," which is a mixture of nature worship, shamanism, and other things that eventually lead to him being nicknamed "the heretic." This character will follow a class structure involving standard cleric abilities mixed with spirit-magic. Of course everyone will build on this and make their own characters and we can come up with a story structure. I don't expect anything out of it, just putting it out there if anyone is interested.

Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:33 pm

I'm always game.

-G.K. Chesterton

Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:28 am

It's been years since I've roleplayed, but it sounds interesting and I need a reason to develop some characters!

Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:05 pm
Profile WWW

Hey, I might be down for it, I don't know if I'll be able to come up with a terribly detailed character though.

Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:14 pm

I will have to think of a some way to start the story out, in the meantime think of what you want your characters to be. I am not so great at this either, my RP posts tend to be way too short and concise.

Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:25 pm

I will start making a proper reference sheet of my character then. Short RP posts are totally ok!

Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:07 am
Profile WWW

If you would like, I could build a quick narrative to act as a basis to start with. It'd work around your theme, but give it some flesh for the rest of us to work with.

-G.K. Chesterton

Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:23 pm
Lady Sloth

I might join in with a nature-magic character.

I think the main religion of the land should be some kind of institutional pagan temple thing like the romans or greeks, with a helping of catholic-like monasticism... but they should be corrupt (hence why your main chara leaves them).

did you have a plot concept?

Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:17 pm
Profile WWW

I should be game for this. Also, I think it usually helps to set a pace in the beginning of the RP so that people know how or if to commit. It kind of dampens the story if one character is posting only once every 3 weeks and most of the others are posting every other day you know? I think we've set loose requirements in past long RPs

Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:15 pm
Profile WWW

For the plot I was thinking of a clash between organized religious imperialism versus the "heretics" who have abandoned the "one true faith" for more natural and ancient religions. I would consider this a more casual type of rp, so we don't have to post like..every day or anything, just have fun with it. I will post the character thread and then the main thread with the basic background and first post very soon, so we can finally get started. Like I said though, I am a bit of a novice when it comes to writing for RP.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]