Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
How would this do as a RP? 

So, I have been working on a little story... well, hardly a little one... but a story nonetheless. It is called "Pangaea" for those of you who do not know. I shared it with a few people on Skype, and I think it included Koshi, Madame Lollipop, and Pladim. I was wondering if I could maybe make a RP based on said story. Now, I suck at starting RP, but I'll post the general backstory.

Essentially, the backstory is that in the year 2015, all of Earth's continents shifted and came together in a seventy two hour process called the "Merging Period" or simply the "Merge". During the Merge, almost all of the world's cities and towns were leveled by major earthquakes and tsunamis. Millions upon millions died. After the Merging Period, humanity was in ruins and society was crumbling. Anarchy took hold soon after. Tribes began to form in order to keep humanity from killing themselves, however, these tribes were ruled by dictators and warlords, most only bent on domination and power.

Nations:

The Imperium: five years after constant tribal warfare, several tribes decided that they had enough, and began to start their own government. This began The Imperial Pact, a pact which brought together five of Europe's biggest tribes and form one nation: The Gabriel Collective, The Maalrik Empire, The Utani Congregative, and two other tribes, who's names are forgotten. From these five tribes, a king was elected, and the leader of The Maalrik Empire, Riley Maalrik, was chosen as king. King Riley Maalrik reigns to this very day. He was a force to be feared and respected across Pangaea, capturing most of former Europe and Middle East from dictators and expanding territory. The Imperium was the first organized government to appear on Pangaea.

The New World Order: After the rise of The Imperium, many others attempted to do the same thing across Pangaea, with mixed results. However, one successful group of tribes in former America created The New World Order, an order dedicated to preserving the ways of democracy. Whole laws were rewritten, and almost the entire old American government was reintroduced, with an executive branch, legislative branch, and judicial branch. King Maalrik saw the NWO as a threat to his so-far perfect society, and the two are currently at war.

The Krro'Gaathians: After the Merge, anthromorphic beings found their way to Earth through, as they claim, portals and wormholes. Nobody knows for sure how they got here, what caused them to get here, and what can be done to get them out, but most anthros were rather peaceful, but there were many bent only on conquest. One such tribe is known as the Krro'Gaathians, or to anthros, Krro'Gaath's Crusade. The Crusade was founded by Warlord Krro'Gaath, a well known and well feared warlord of the anthro world before they found Earth. Krro'Gaath knew that on his own world, supplies and availability for future anthromorphic generations were diminishing quickly, and his tribe would soon fall. However, when Krro'Gaath found Earth, he planned on complete conquest for the anthro race and his dying tribe. There was hope for the Krro'Gaathians. Krro'Gaath thought it was the right for anthros to rule Earth and rule humans due to racial superiority. Krro'Gaath thought them weak and subordinate, unworthy to rule any empire. Therefore, Krro'Gaath set out to conquer Earth for his people and for his race.

The Mystics: The Merge caught the attention of a group of otherworldy beings known as the Mystics. These beings came to Earth for, as far as the humans know, three reasons: to investigate what caused the Merge to happen, to banish the anthros back to their world, and to fight their ancient foe who also appeared on Pangaea, the Dark Mystics. Not much is known other than that, but they are said to follow a nameless being who they only refer to as, "Our Master". The Mystics are capable of seemingly metaphysical powers and abilities, which is said is how they came to Earth: through teleportation.

The Dark Mystics: The Dark Mystics snuck onto Earth like a beast in the shadows. Nobody knew how they got to Earth or why they are here, but they are the fallen brothers of the Mystics who also follow a dark being, known as "The Inmorte". They wish to summon The Inmorte onto Earth for reasons unknown.

The Sadist Guild: The Krro'Gaathians weren't the only major anthro race to come to Earth. Another race of anthros, known as The Sadist Guild, also squirmed their way here. They are easily the most hated nation on Pangaea and worlds beyond. Psycopathic, greedy, and ruthless, this Guild uses a method of mass abduction on villages and towns, killing military members and capturing civilians. After the civilians are captured, they are brought back to their hidden fortress, where it is said that they torture and enslave them. After months of torture, or as they would put it, "discipline", they are sold off to small tribes for profit as slaves. They are the number one cause for human and anthro trafficking on Pangaea.

So what do you guys think? What can we make outa this? (The actual story takes place in 2035.)

Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:27 pm

Please keep in mind that I have NO IDEA how this RP stuff works on the forum, so yeah.

Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:45 pm

aight, this is a nice world you got here! If you wanna do an rp though, we're gonna have to mix it up.

roleplays, because they involve several people and are often unplanned, can't be very large in scope; no grand journeys spanning dozens of characters. You gots to keep it small. So, what we need is a smaller narrative, something that can be accomplished with individuals. Let's scale it down a bit; one city, or area, with a very tangible problem that can be addressed by a small group of individuals.

Lemme know if you think of anything!

-G.K. Chesterton

Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:40 am

It becomes a difficult enough problem to keep even small stories rolling and everyone participating, let alone keeping everything coherent and enjoyable. So I do think scale is important, especially at first.

That being said, I don't see a problem with scale in this description. I think back story and premise can be extensive, but the running plot and character dynamics will have to deal with only certain issues at one time.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:22 am
Profile WWW

We can discuss the situation in the RP and I will see if I can do it.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:36 am

Wow that is quite a world you created honestly I don't think I have roleplayed before

Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:28 pm

Should I delete this thread until I figure out what to do with the concept to avoid plagarism?

Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:49 pm

I honestly think most people wishing to create an RP do so wanting to employ a fantasy from their own minds, so I don't think you should worry about plagiarizing too much, especially on this relatively small forum.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:47 pm
Profile WWW

I wouldn't worry about it. We're pretty cool about that, and this site doesn't get enough traffic to be an issue ^v^

-G.K. Chesterton

Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:57 pm

Epic story! Wow! But now I'm so excited like thinking "Oh no who's gonna save all the humans" XD and as much as I figured out, the good guys are The Mystics, right?
And who's from here in the story?

Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:05 am

Zvoc47 wrote:
Epic story! Wow! But now I'm so excited like thinking "Oh no who's gonna save all the humans" XD and as much as I figured out, the good guys are The Mystics, right?
And who's from here in the story?

There is no real "good guy" in this story. Each nation is justified, each nation has their evils. The Imperium, for example, is very disciplinarian and authoritarian, and King Maalrik is criticized for being a dictator rather than a king, yet Maalrik probably has the least crime and governmental issues as a result. The NWO has a serious anthro racial problem. Krro'Gaathians are, obviously, anthromorphic KKK basically, but Earth being their last hope for their race, and they don't want the Mystics banishing them back to their dying world of Stor Va. Sadist Guild is... self explanatory.

So yeah, the Mystics, although want to save Earth, want to separate anthros from Earth by sending them back to Stor Va, so they are basically condemning them to death.

I want readers to pick sides, which is why I have multiple protagonists.

And if you mean your area, if you are from Europe or the Middle East, its The Imperium. If it's America, Canada, or Mexico, its The New World Order.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:44 pm

Hmm. Is anyone of them for a union and peace between anthros and humans? What could I significantly do? And I guess we will be much older than now. To answer your question, I think one thread would be too little. Each thread would need to be for one plotline and one more thread for announcements of possible attacks. And I have an idea. Make it that battle starts when post count reaches a number. That will be like a time challenge.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:51 am

The Imperium is, and that is one reason the Krro'Gaathians hate the Imperium: anthro and human mixing and mingling. The New World Order does to an extent, but anthros are treated as second class citizens, because a lot complain that the anthros brought a majority of their problems to Earth and endangered many.

The Mystics and Dark Mystics are actually anthromorphic on the outside, but as Great Magi Kail'Re states in my story: “Mystics and Dark Mystics aren’t like other races. Mystics and Dark Mystics might have the outer shell of an anthromorph, but on the inside, we have a different spirit. Every race contains a spirit inside them, which defines them as a race. Our powers are tied to our spirit, which we have special access to as Mystics. To take away Mysticism is to take away the Mystic’s spirit, and thus making him or her nothing but a beast. Say a human didn’t want humanity anymore. If the human lost humanity, it isn’t human anymore, but a beast in a human shell.”

And I think I'm going to wait until I am done with my main story to do any RP with it.

Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:18 pm

Oh great now I'll be most likely killed XD

Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:45 pm

I like the feeling of hopelessness in this universe. :)

Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:50 pm

Ohyoupokedme wrote:
I like the feeling of hopelessness in this universe. :)

Ah man, you're just mean now 3:

Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:52 pm

I'm kinda stuck on what to write about next. My NWO character, although would have given depth on the New World Order as a nation, is not very developed.

I need ideas.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:44 pm

well...what've you got so far? Maybe we can figure something out.

-G.K. Chesterton

Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:03 pm

RP like a D&D type thing?

Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:36 pm

I'm still kinda undecided between Krro'Gaathians and NWO. I'd choose KG because the reader might wonder what are the real intentions of KG. Especially after reading the prologue you sent me.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next