Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
How would this do as a RP? 

TomIsAwesome wrote:
well...what've you got so far? Maybe we can figure something out.

I was thinking of a soldier character, but I already have a bunch of those and the character doesn't seem special as opposed to Rodrick, Kail'Re, and Qwaarn the Dreadful. Rodrick has information regarding the Dark Mystics that could cause World War Four and probably determine the fate of Earth and possibly the Universe as we know it. Kail'Re has a pupil who is stumbling on the course of Mysticism and has a council of archons who hold very troubling secrets. Qwaarn is in a moral dilemma, where his inner Dark Mystic enemies want the seat of power for themselves, and Qwaarn much decide between two things; rule through fear and slaughter anyone who stands in his way, or prove that he is capable by focusing on leading a successful campaign.

Since my NWO soldier is none of those, I was thinking more of a political character who has political influence in the NWO. Then again, if I choose Krro'Gaathians it could give more insight into their ways.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:01 pm

World War IV and permanent change of the Earth and the Universe. That's scary! But really epic! Like a movie if I would be watching one. Luckily, it's just a story hehe that's what I tell myself when I get hopeless in the movie.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:28 pm

It also puts Rodrick in an extreme dilemma: if he reveals his info to one of the other nations, he risks the lives of millions by causing worse wars to erupt. If not, then he runs the risk of having the Dark Mystics take control.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:46 pm

Well, here's an idea for your soldier character; Make him boring!

It sounds like you have three other interesting plots with characters exploring world-changing consequences. How about instead of trying to make another legend, make him or her a normal bloke, experiencing the day to day lies of a soldier. Use this opportunity to explore the nuances of the world you've created, and to offer a fresh perspective from someone who's not a mover or shaker in the grand scheme of things. Then, perhaps as they grow a more unique personality, their importance can escalate, but for the time being use them primarily as a means to flesh out your universe and give the readers an idea of what the world looks like from the inside!

-G.K. Chesterton

Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:06 pm

Hmm... Indeed seems like a good idea.

Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2