Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
After school child care - Discussion 

In the 'What kind of RPs do you enjoy' thread, Hyper said he might like to do an RP in the style that I described, and I'd like to gauge interest from other furs for that a bit. The setting is an after school child care, so (almost) everyone would play as kids of various (toddler to primary school) ages. One or two adult figures would also be useful as caretakers. I'd like the style to be much like the RPish comments I leave around the board:
- Clearly childish, but no explicit babyfur references (baby bottles, pacifiers, etc... are a grey area, nothing more babyish than that) Take care to not freak out others. Discuss if you want to do something that others might not like. Keep it innocent.
- A little bit of speech simplification is okay, but do try to keep spoken text understandable.
- More focus on emotes (descriptions of actions) than actual talking.
- Open-ended: there is no real story to be created, fairly short scenes (5-10 minutes in-game) with minimal bridging between them is okay.

This thread can then be used for OOC discussion and for storing character and location descriptions.

I'm not immediately gauging interest here (although that would be useful too), but I'm more wondering if others would be okay with this. (EDIT: okay, the interest is definitely there)

Characters:
Tica - caretaker
Bri - 7
Hyper - 5
Tayi - 2.5
ESD - caretaker
Tom - 6
Tabs - 5
Ian - 4

Locations:
Main playroom (to be described)
Hallway
Kitchen
Back storage room
Outside playground (to be described)

Last edited by Tayi on Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:53 am, edited 6 times in total.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:37 am

I'd be game sure.

-G.K. Chesterton

Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:04 am
Lady Sloth

I could do something simple. I think I might be suited to a caretaker role.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:13 am
Profile WWW

Me too :3

Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:27 am

Sounds like the simplicity of it would be suitable, since it would be hard to fall behind in the action

Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:34 am
Profile WWW

Yeah I'd like to do it.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:42 am
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

Set it up, Tayi :)

I've worked in a daycare before so I can be a daycare worker.

Character:

Name: Miss Tica
Species: bipedal Hoffmann's two-toed sloth
Role: Caregiver/Preschool Teacher
Personality: Slow, warm, friendly, gentle, cheerful.
Clothing: wears a flower over her right ear and a large purple smock spattered with fingerpaints and other messes from the children.
Diet: Herbivore--leaves, veggies, roots, and fruit. no grains!!

Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:06 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

I'm in!

Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:18 am
Profile WWW

Sounds like fun!!

Bri (nickname Birdfox)
Phoenix/Fox gryphon
Age 7
Introverted, extremely curious, likes constructing things and perching on tall objects, occasionally catches fire. Socially deviant yet follows rules. Gets made fun of often for her strange species combination but doesn't really care.
Wears a red T-shirt, khaki capris, and sandals (prefers being barefoot but rules are rules!)

Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:07 pm
Profile WWW

Name: Hyper
Species: Turkish Angora Cat
Personality: Mischievous and curious. He likes to wander around and play with sand which gets him in trouble a lot. He will occasionally go cross-eyed and giggle a lot, especially when he's nervous. He will also occasionally squawk but it sounds more like a combination of screeching and squawking.
Clothes: Wears a blue hoodie, jeans, and fingerless gloves. He absolutely refuses to wear shoes. The pocket on his hoodie is filled with sand.

Last edited by hypernovatic on Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:16 pm
Profile WWW

Whoa, what an overwhelming interest :)

I'll bring two characters (will be refined a bit later):

Name: Tayi
Species: Bobcat
Age: about two and a half. He doesn't technically go to school yet, but ESD can't leave him at home.
Personality: Interested in everything around him, but very shy in new situations. Cares a lot about other furs.
Clothing: Green t-shirt under blue jeans bib shortalls and sandals when he's outside.
Specials: Omnivorous (and really likes strawberries!)

Name: ESD
Species: Border Collie
Personality: Very good at herding all kinds of animals, working in a daycare shouldn't be too hard, although, just like most of the kids, he has an attention span slightly shorter than his nose.
Clothing: jeans, purple t-shirt and sneakers

Last edited by Tayi on Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:27 pm

Name: Tom
Species: Raven
Personality: generally happy and personable; takes inconveniences well. Clever with a hint of mischievousness;If he thinks he can get away with something harmless he just might. Likes to play with other furs, and takes a special delight in outsmarting his peers if he can.
Clothing: a dark t-shirt with some popular tv hero on it, and jeans.

-G.K. Chesterton

Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:42 pm

Hahaha, a border collie to herd the children! I love it!!

Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:42 pm
Profile WWW

Late response... I drove to France today, so I didn't have much time yesterday and today to post anything.

@Tica: Canned fruit? I hope it's canned in juice and not in syrup. (Over here I'd expect fruit in daycares and schools to always be fresh.) What kinds of fruit would that be? Just to see what Tayi likes. -- I updated the description, Tayi is actually omnivorous, that's one of his more anthro sides.

@Tabs: ESD is actually a more 'public-facing' character of mine. The name is an old one I used quite often, it stands for Electro-Static Discharge because of some incidents I was involved in, one of them with a blown fuse and quite some sparks when I merely pointed at the fuse box.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:13 pm
Site Administrator

Name: Ian
Species: Day gecko
Personality: Clingy; extroverted yet shy; very easily cheered up when sad
Clothing: "Surfer dude" T-shirt on top of jean shorts
Specials: Insectivore/frugivore (anything tropical, especially!)

Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

Tayi wrote:
Late response... I drove to France today, so I didn't have much time yesterday and today to post anything.

@Tica: Canned fruit? I hope it's canned in juice and not in syrup. (Over here I'd expect fruit in daycares and schools to always be fresh.) What kinds of fruit would that be? Just to see what Tayi likes. -- I updated the description, Tayi is actually omnivorous, that's one of his more anthro sides.

At the daycare I worked at we only had pre-packaged food in the actual room, and everything else came from the kitchen. I figured they'd have canned fruit (in it's own juices!!) in the room for snacks and to supplement breakfasts, but fresh fruits and veggies would come at lunch time.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:04 pm
Profile WWW

Sorry I'm late introducing my character:

Annd.... oh cuss. Are ferals allowed in this RP? My first post was made in the context of Tabs being feral (way to not read the Discussion board first, genius). I can easily go back and edit my post - introducing the character in a slightly different way. Just let me know if ferals are ok.

Name: Tabs
Species: Domestic cat (tabby for lack of originality, shouldn't matter)
Clothing: (Again my feral characters usually are naked but I don't think that works well in this setting) Hmm, give him tiny kitten overalls... yeeeaaaa, that's totes mcgotes adorbs
Personality: Energetic and usually happy, though he has his head in the clouds. Has a kind heart but sometimes causes trouble due to a child's lack of awareness/understanding or a clumsy abundance of energy. Not especially skilled in expressing himself, and of an average intelligence for a child. [Completely self inspired, as I don't have much exposure to tiny chill'ins nowadays]

Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:22 pm
Profile WWW

Okay, I've linked to your profile; I don't mind feral characters, but we would have to find some way of getting you to eat at the table at the moment :)

For furries, unclothed characters aren't really an issue, I think, but overalls are always adorable...

@Tica: Ah, okay, that makes much more sense! It's not like I have much experience with daycares here either, I'm just going off what I know from other parents.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:05 am

This already went forward and it would be too late for any character of mine to join. Plus, if Turag would be a caretaker, he'd be something more like entertainer and he's kinda childish too, but a childish caretaker wouldn't be something you would like to see if trouble happens, right?

Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:09 pm
Site Administrator

You could come in later, like at lunch~

Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next