Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
After school child care 

Hyper turned around at the sound of the new voice and waved. "Hi. I iss Hyper!" Hyper greeted excitedly. He the walked over to the gecko and started sniffing him, trying to get familiar with his smells.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:57 am
Profile WWW

Seeing that Tica is handing out fruit, Tayi leaves his pillow and comes over interestedly to see what yummy things there are. He stretches out his paws to Tica and tilts his head a little, "Tayi fruits?"

"Well, that was quick..." ESD smiled as the little gecko's mood changed in an instant when he saw the LEGO bricks. Just then, from the corner of his eye he saw something flying through the air towards an unsuspecting Tabs. "Fortunately it looked soft," he thought as he darted towards the pillow fort that was slowly starting to run the risk of becoming a plushie battlefield.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:29 pm
Lady Sloth

Tica deposited Ian's extra clothing and healthcare items in the back, in a plastic bin with his name on it. (It's helpful to always have extra clothes on hand in case of spills and accidents!) She then returned to the fruit. Tayi toddled over and said, "Tayi fruits?"

Tica smiled at the little bobkitten. "This morning we have pineapples and peaches," she said, looking at the cans. The kitchen always brought some kind of bread item for breakfast, like toast or pancakes, but since Tica herself couldn't digest grains, she always supplemented the breakfasts with fruit from the in-room cupboard. "They're for breakfast." A knock came at the door--through the glass windows Tica could see a food cart out in the hall. "Time to sit and eat!"

She went to the door to bring the food cart in. The bowls of food were steaming and smelled delicious. Besides the pile of plain toast, pile of ham slices, and bowl of scrambled eggs, Tica spotted another large bowl of strawberries and grapes--must be because of the new gecko child--and two small special bowls, one full of spinach leaves (for Tica) and the other lightly toasted crickets (for Ian the gecko boy). Also on the cart were large pitchers of orange juice, milk, and water.

The table had already been set, but Tica couldn't serve the food until all the kids were sitting in their seats and behaving.

"One, two, three, eyes on me!" Tica clapped, trying to get everyone's attention.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:20 pm
Profile WWW

Hyper had put a pillow case over his head and his ears perked up and he turned towards Tica's voice. He turned around too fast and fell over. "Ow that hurt." Hyper said, standing up and rubbing his arm hoping no one saw that. With the pillow case still over his head, he giggled and looked in Miss Tica's direction.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:37 pm
Profile WWW

Tica wrote:
"One, two, three, eyes on me!" Tica clapped, trying to get everyone's attention.
(omg you weren't kidding about the daycare thing.)

In an instant Tom snapped to attention, his head alone jutting over the rim of the small mountain of pillows stacked in the corner. For a moment, his elaborate pillow trap plan was lost, all attention now on Ms. Tica.

-G.K. Chesterton

Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:03 pm

"Too, tree," the bobkitten imitates Tica from somewhere near the kitchen. "Too, tree, eye... nose... boop!" and with a little jump, he makes his way to the table, whiskers twitching in the air, to find out what food there is.

ESD, meanwhile, lifts some pillows from the fort to see if there's nobody left inside.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:27 pm
Site Administrator

The gecko perked his head up at Miss Tica and repeated her call, licking his eye. "My turn! 1, 2, 3, eyes on ME!"

Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

As the little heads each snapped in her direction, Tica gestured to the table. "Breakfast time, children! Let's go to our seats." Each seat was assigned and had the child's name written on the back, even though most of them could not yet read.

Tica then came over to the little gecko boy. "I've got my eyes on you," she smiled. "Shall I show you to your new chair for mealtimes?" She held out her hand for the gecko to take.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:33 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

"Yes, please." Ian nodded and smiled. The smell of pineapple was in the air...and he liked it.

The little gecko was sat next to Tom. "Hi birdy! I'm Ian! I'm a gecko! What's your name?"

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:53 pm
Profile WWW

Hyper walked over and tried to find his name, which was a lot harder with the pillow case on his head. Once he found his chair he sat down and giggled.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:02 pm
Profile WWW

Obediently Tom shuffled over to his seat, finding his name plate no trouble. Seats were a little weird for him - his legs didn't quite bend right like the other kids - but he'd learn to make do, sitting a little awkwardly. He shuffled a bit in his seat; he was hungry, and he'd eat whatever they put in front of him!

"Hi birdy! I'm Ian! I'm a gecko! What's your name?"

Tom turned his head to find a green reptile to his right, who called himself Ian. Tom smiled, at least as much as a bird can.

"I'm Tom! Whatsa geko? Are you a draggon?"

-G.K. Chesterton

Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:31 pm
Site Administrator

Ian giggled. "Daddy says they're rerritives of us. We're a kinda lizard."

Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:38 am
Profile WWW

"Tayi, could you please take your paw from that bowl and sit on the chair with your name on it?"

Tayi looks up with a surprised eyes and a strawberry already in his mouth. "Find Tayi's chair", ESD calls again. The lynx smiles happily and goes looking at all of the chairs, even the ones that already have other kids on them. Fortunately he found a chair before he could forget about his assignment and, pointing to a name and mumbling "T... Tayi!", he promptly takes Tabs' seat.

After showing Bri her seat, ESD realizes what happened and points the already slightly pink-stained bobkitty to the right chair so Tabs can sit in his proper place.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:34 pm

(The experience some of you have with this environment fascinates me by the way, I haven't revisited early education since my youngest siblings grew out of it and this is a very unfamiliar nostalgia)

Quote:
"Tabs!"

The cat heard his name being yelled by a familiar voice before a stuffed animal crashed lightly onto his face, causing sheer panic in the kitten. He jumped and dodged and rolled heroically for about 5 seconds after the direct hit. Hearing a chuckle, Tabs saw the older bird, Tom, on the other end of the pillow pile fort.

Excited, Tabs crouched down shouting "Hey!" and prepared to begin his counter attack.
Quote:

Tabs paused for a second, still excited and wanting to play, trying to decide whether he could get away with a quick pounce before Ms. Tica saw him. After a second, he remembered his Mom's warning about getting in trouble (and he really didn't want to sleep in the litterbox), and he decided to behave. Though he would get Tom late- oh that's a friend he hadn't seen before! He stared curiously at Ian before he padded over to his own chair, recently being vacated by little Tayi. Silly kitten, Tabs remembers when he was that small. He's tried to teach the kitten how to do big cat things like lick the back of his legs and jump onto things, but MistarEeSDee said he was too small and that he should play safe until he gets big and strong.

Wanting to show off the jumping he had been practicing, Tabs tries to jump onto his seat (which has a little booster because of his size and need to sit with all his paws on the floor) from an extra long distance away. He crouches down, flicks his tail like in the cartoons, then leaps through the air! His backpaws slip, though, and he softly bumps into the chairs seat and onto the ground, quickly recovering and scrambling up, hoping nobody saw him.

Last edited by TabbyTim on Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:21 am
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

"All right, everybody settled?" Tica watches the four-legged kitten scramble to jump into his seat, prepared to help him if he can't make it, but he does in the end. The kids are still chatting with each other, but mostly seated and not too fidgety.

Kids older than 4 are meant to serve themselves, in order to practice their motor skills. It means a lot of spilled milk and juice, but it's not that big a deal. Tica takes the plates of Tabs and Tayi and loads them up with the appropriate fare for their diets, then pours Tayi a glass and Tabs a saucer of special-formula milk (since kitties don't tolerate cow's milk very well!). She also places the bowl of crickets in front of Ian and removes the plastic covering. "This is special food, just for lizards," she says, partially to keep other kids from trying to sample it and partially to make Ian feel special for eating it, rather than singled out. She then unwraps her own bowl of spinach and other green leaves, made for folivores (leaf-eaters) just like herself, and places it in front of her seat.

The kids are all at one table, with Tica at one end and ESD at the other. Tica wheels the food cart over to ESD so that the collie can begin to pass the bowls and serving spoons around to the older kids, and begins specially handing out scoops of pineapple and peaches to any child who wants them.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:28 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

"Thank you, Miss Tica!" Ian smiles, taking little handfuls of the crickets to eat. They're seasoned simply, with a sort of calcium dust that tastes delicious to geckos. It takes about six or seven short, staccato bites before swallowing each cricket, which must look weird for the other kids as they watch the new green one eating his breakfast.

Catching a whiff of the pineapple and peaches, Ian raises his hand. "May I have some fruit pleeeeeeeeease?"

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:03 am
Profile WWW

Hyper curiously watched Ian eat his food after he had taken the pillow case off of his head. "What does that taste like?" he asked, tilting his head in curiosity.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:15 am
Profile WWW

ESD puts the bowls in a straight line between the kids, going from the herbivorous foods to the carnivorous ones, which is roughly how the kids are sitting, and puts the serving spoons in, alternating sides. "There you go, take a bit of everything.. not too much, you can always take more later, there's plenty. If you have to wait to take from a bowl, I'll give you a jug and you can start with filling your glass."

Tayi looks interestedly at his scrambled eggs and takes a little bit with his fingers. It tastes good, but before he can take a second pawful, Tica reminds him that it might be easier to eat it with a fork. Instead of taking his fork, the bobkitty realizes from the voice that there was still something else he wanted. He pushes his plate towards Tica and points a finger down at it: "Fruits... here."

Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:09 pm
Site Administrator

hypernovatic wrote:
Hyper curiously watched Ian eat his food after he had taken the pillow case off of his head. "What does that taste like?" he asked, tilting his head in curiosity.

The gecko turned to Hyper and smiled. "It tastes like bugs! Want one?"

Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:10 pm
Profile WWW

Tabs licks at his milk eagerly, he had worked up quite a bit of a thirst, and he splashes quite a bit out of the bowl in his hurry. After a few moments, he is satisfied and begins nibbling at the ham, all the while watching the new gecko friend. He looked like he was eating bugs, which was kind of cool and kind of weird. Tabs found bugs to be scary sometimes, when they jumped out of the grass at him, but he had caught many in his yard and they didn't taste very good.

Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next