Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
After school child care 

Hyper thought for a second. "Sure!" he said.

Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:44 pm
Profile WWW

Doing his best, but failing for he most part, to not disturb the food with his feathers, Tom acquired the various morsels he desired. As an older child, he was expected to acquire his own food, a task he took to with relish. There was little he wouldn't eat - he could barely taste most of it anyways - so the excitable raven made sure to acquire as vast a menagerie of foodstuffs as he could reach. The result was a plate covered in the whole gamut of items, from fruits and grains to meats. It seemed to be as much of an issue of personal pride - or hording instinct - then any real hunger problems.

briefly surveying his hoard, Tom's eyes drifted, noticing the insects in front of Ian. He'd eaten insects before, why not after all, and he was largely indifferent to the idea. However, something about them not being his bugs was probably what incited his interest. With the patience of a predator, which he was definitely not, Tom observed Ian carefully, waiting for him to be distracted. When the moment came, like lightning Tom pecked down and snatched an insect in his beak, gobbling it down before anyone - he figured - would notice.

-G.K. Chesterton

Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:13 pm
Lady Sloth

"Here you go, Tayi, Ian..." she distributed the pineapple and peaches to all the kids who wanted some, then rinsed the cans in the sink and put them in the recycling bins in a gated part of the kitchen area. She herself took a decent helping of pineapple. It was a wonderful breakfast food. Spinach, kale, Cecropia leaves, pineapple, grapes and strawberries... yum.

That's when she overheard Ian and Hyper's conversation. "Now Ian, this is special food only for lizards... Sharing is a good thing, but sometimes special food can make people sick, so we have to be careful." Tica put her hand on Hyper's shoulder gently. "Let's let Ian eat all his crickets and get strong, okay? Let's get you some ham--" She couldn't imagine what the kitten's mother might say if she knew her son had been eating bugs at school, so she piled his plate up with ham and eggs instead, hoping to entice him away from the gecko's food. As she was doing so, she noticed out of the corner of her eye that Tom was just swallowing one of the crickets from Ian's plate.

"Tom!" She said. She knew the insect wouldn't hurt him (sometimes Tom was the one who was given special plates of bugs--the kitchen had a chart of what all the kids needed for appropriate nutrition and supplemented specific items as needed), but still, he hadn't even asked permission like Hyper had. "We don't steal food from other people's plates! You know this." Tica then dragged over a chair and her own plate to sit in-between the bird and gecko and ward off any more temptation.

On principle, when a dish came covered in plastic with a certain child's name on it, there was a reason for that. Either the food was too expensive or too specialized to share amongst the group... or in some cases, even poisonous for certain species. It was important for them to watch the children and make sure their diets were followed, such as keeping herbivores from eating meat, or kids with allergies from coming in contact with their allergens. Tica took this job very seriously, as one year when she was just starting, a poor little bear cub got into something she was allergic to and had a bad reaction.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:45 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

"Okay, Miss Tica." Ian frowned a bit but the crickets were so darn tasty he wasn't sad for long. He hadn't been around so many different kinds of animals before, certainly not while eating; he didn't understand why everyone didn't eat crickets and fruit. The gecko was curious about the white stuff that Tabs was lapping up.

"What's that? Kitty water?"

Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:06 pm
Profile WWW

"Aw, okay." Hyper said sadly. He didn't stay sad for long when he saw the ham and eggs. Hyper smiled and happily ate his ham.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:20 pm
Profile WWW

Tabs turned his attention to the new friend who was asking what his milk was. He hesitated, a bit shy to talk to this new gecko so quickly, even though he seemed very friendly. He looked down, all of a sudden a little self conscious of the mess he had made, which he began pawing at and trying to lap up. "It's.. it's just milk, not juice- it tastes.. it's just milk" he mumbled, blushing a bit under his fur.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:36 am
Profile WWW

Tom pouted silently in his chair, more disappointed that he'd been caught than anything. His foul mood lasted all of fifteen seconds, as he remembered he had a plateful of morsels to enjoy. Birds weren't exactly the most tactful eaters, and he was no exception, hauling sustenance into his beak to be ungracefully horked down. Had he been a more self-conscious child, this may have been the limit of his behavior. Instead, he saw fit to attempt to make conversation, beakful of ham notwithstanding.

"Hey Tabs." He somehow got out. "Waz Milk?"

-G.K. Chesterton

Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:31 pm

Still a little embarrassed, Tabs was nibbling on his Ham when he heard Tom speak up from his seat, food falling from his mouth. The hesitation immediately left the kitten as he leaned over the table on his front paws and said (a little too loudly), "its for cool, strong cats not sillee burds like you! You can't have any!" Then he sat back down and lapped up some milk, feeling very proud all of a sudden that he had some. After a second he started to feel bad for yelling though, and the blush returned to his face as he realized both grownups were so close to his outburst.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:32 am
Profile WWW

Hyper looked over and saw that Tica was eating leaves. "Miss Tica. Aren't leafs bad for you cause mommy won't let me eat them?" he asked, curious.

Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:37 pm
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

hypernovatic wrote:
Hyper looked over and saw that Tica was eating leaves. "Miss Tica. Aren't leafs bad for you cause mommy won't let me eat them?" he asked, curious.

"Oh yes, Hyper, eating leaves will make a kitten's tummy VERY unhappy," Miss Tica explained, happily munching on another handful of greens. "Kittens drink milk, and eat meat and eggs and things like that. I am a sloth, though--and sloths live in trees and eat leaves and fruits and green beans and things. Different animals have different diets--a "diet" is the type of food that they can eat. Everybody is different, and that's okay! If everyone ate the same things, there wouldn't be enough to go around!"

Miss Tica held out her awkward, thumbless, two-clawed hands to emphasize her difference from the other creatures in the room.

Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:28 am
Profile WWW

"Oh, okay. So, what is a bird's dye it*?" Hyper asked.

*Diet

Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:50 pm
Profile WWW

"Aye cam eet amyfimg!" Tom muttered proudly, yet still with a beak full of food. It was...sort of true statement. His robust digestive system could handle a lot. Unfortunately, he wasn't quite so good at the dairy products, but he gave them a go regardless, seemingly indifferent to the consequences. It was troublesome, then, that Tabs had taunted him as he had. Before, he was indifferent to the milk, but now...

now he wanted it.

-G.K. Chesterton

Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:46 pm

Tabs was blushing and trying not to draw the attention of the 'adults' as he looked up at Tom and quickly gave him a snobby smile, "Everything but thiiiiiiiis". He licks at the milk again, it really seemed to taste better all of a sudden.

Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:17 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

"Or thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis!" Ian joined in, demurely licking his pineapple slice before he started to gum-nom it. "You kitties are silly~"

Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:00 pm
Profile WWW

"Nuh-uh. You're silly." Hyper argued, sticking his tongue out at Ian.

Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:40 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

"Oh yeah! Wull you're sandy!" Ian said with a mawful of pineapple, sticking out a fruit-covered tongue at Hyper.

Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:53 pm
Profile WWW

"Whoa, whoa! Little guys, you are *all* being silly, just let's not make ourselves look stupid by starting a fight, shall we? Everyone eats what they need and of course a bit of what they find yummy." The black and white dog was suddenly very concentrated, his eyes fixed on the arguing kids one by one as if he was pushing them back into being a group just by looking.

Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:28 pm

"Otay..." Hyper said, sticking his tongue out at Ian one last time before he went back to eating his ham.

*okay

Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:11 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3