Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Sandy Creek OOC 

So, what would you guys think of a roleplay in the style of Housepets!?

Basically, you all play as anthropomorphic pets living in an average town and having lots of fun and adventures. All pets have owners, of course, but depending on their owner, they have quite a bit of autonomy and can basically do what they like, exploring the town and having fun. We won't use the setting of Housepets! just to avoid clashing with the comic, but we'll use a town which I've invented in the same world.

Here's the town I'm thinking of:

Sandy Creek is a quiet little town built along the mouth of the creek of the same name in Southern California. Being along the fault line, they get their fair share of earthquakes but the residents take it in their stride since they're all well used to it. The creek in the town is crystal clear and the town prides itself on its cleanliness, making the creek and the beach perfect places for swimming. A few hundred yards up the coast, the beach turns to dunes which rise to cliffs thrown up by an ancient and powerful tremor. Down the coast lies an ancient shipwreck; a jagged hole in its side provides easy access to the internal structures and thus to the top decks several yards above the beach. Both the shipwreck, and the dunes and cliffs provide many opportunities for pets to explore and play. The town is built along both banks of the creek and two bridges connect the two halves, one for traffic and one closer to the sea for pedestrians. There is a park and a playground complete with barbecue shelter and restrooms on the grassy bank of the creek and a restaurant, designed to cater for pets and owners alike, provides another gathering place, made all the more popular by the regular appearances of local and imported performers, including bands, singers, magicians and circus performers. There is a large sports field which doubles as a drive in/walk in theatre, a railway station, a well-stocked supermarket and a veterinary clinic all located within easy walking distance of the town centre.

[s]If you guys like the look of it and want in then I'll draw a proper map.[/s]

I also like to use stats for characters in my RPs. A good system, I find, is the SPECIAL system where you give each character a score from 1 to 10 with 10 being greatest amount of the following attributes: Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, and Luck. The combined total of the scores should add up to 42. I find that system gives a good guide as to how the characters think and act and balances out the attributes so you don't get super-powered or ridiculously weak characters.

So what do you guys think?

If we're in agreement, I'll GM for now but I might approve a co-GM or backup or assistant GM depending on how things turn out. I'll also create the IC thread once there's enough interest.

So who's in? Feel free to drop in a character sheet below. Feel free to use your fursonas or to create whole new characters. :)

Here's the map:
Attachment:
Sandy Creek Map.png

Key:
T = Train Station
P = Post Office
R = Restaurant (Popular with pets and owners, often frequented by bands and other live performers)
C = Cafe
V = Veterinary Clinic
PL = Parking Lot
S = Supermarket
PG = Playground
S/P = School and school playground
CS = Corner Store
SF = Sports Field
Little brown square = Barbecue shelter
Light Brown line = foot bridge
Large Arrow Indicates North
Sanctuary is off-map to the south
Shipwreck is off map to the south
Dunes and cliffs are off-map to the north
Numbers indicate houses.
House #3 - Hyper
House #24 - Sonata

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the awesome Uncle Noob!

Last edited by Furrhan Blackwood on Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:34 am
Profile WWW

That sounds like fun! I'd be in, and I'll add character stuff when it's a sure thing.

Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:22 pm

I'm in. This sounds like fun.

Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:33 pm
Profile WWW

I haven't gotten into forum-based RP in a while but what the hey, since Lollipop is joining and I'm kind of really super attached to her I'll join in too.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:26 am

Yay! Thanks, guys!
That's four of us counting me because of course I'll be playing too.
Perhaps one more and then we'll be good to go, I think!

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:15 am
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

There should be an exotic pet rescue in/near the neighborhood for those of us who arent typical housepet species ^-^

I'll try to join, but due to my health can't promise a lot of activity

Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:03 am
Profile WWW

sounds cool.

-G.K. Chesterton

Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:37 am

I'd be up for this! It's basically the same setting as my casual RPs anyway.

Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:09 am
Profile WWW

I'd be up for something like that. It has been a while since I have done any rp, so it would be nice to get back into it :D

Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:45 am

Hi, all. So sorry for the huge delay. A most of you probably know by now things have been hectic here but I haven't forgotten this RP.
I'm glad we've got so many people interested. I've nearly finished the map so if you all want to drop your character sheets here and I'll get the IC thread going as soon as the map and my own character sheet is done. :)

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:18 am
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

Can we have a template for our character sheets, please? Especially if we're going to use stats, I need to know how the stat system works.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:50 pm
Profile WWW

Of course. Sorry, I didn't even think of that. :oops:

Here you go. This is the template and rules for character creation we use in all RPs over at Housepets. I think they work well. We can modify them somewhat if you guys want to though. I'm open to suggestions.

Character Sheet Template wrote:
Character Name: Can be anything you like within reason. Note that pets will usually take the surname of their owners.

Color: Many RPs like to write dialogue in colour to distinguish it from the rest of the post. You can pick any hex code colour you like so long as it is easily readable.

Type: Is this a main, minor, NPC or guest character? A main character is the character you’ll be playing as most of the time. Minor characters are supporting characters (e.g. owners) and should not be overly used. NPC (non-player characters) characters are minor or supporting characters that are usually created and controlled by the GM although they may be delegated to other players, and that may be used to further storylines without impacting a player’s allowed number of characters. Guest characters are the most minor of characters who are brought in only for an arc or two. They may include, for example, a visiting relative or someone relevant to the current arc that will not be needed again.

Species/Breed: What kind of animal is the character? Species allowed may vary between the RPs so make sure to check the OOC of the RP you’re interested in.

Age: 1 human year = 3.5 pet years (7 for small animals like mice and hamsters). Just as in life, old and young characters are limited and influenced by their age so be sensible when choosing. Please post the age both in pet years AND human years so as to avoid confusion.

Neighbourhood: Which RP will the character be used in? One RP per character only. There’s no limit to how many characters you can make or neighbourhoods you can join but don’t overload yourself.

Appearance: What does your character look like? Be specific but concise. You should describe fur colour and patterns, the character’s shape and size, and any clothing your character might wear (this is usually just a collar but they may have other accessories or jewellery).

Personality: Who is your character? How do they act, both in public and in private? Remember that this and the stats (described below) affect each other so make sure they match.

Other notes: Anything else you want to say about your character. Most GMs will require some amount of back story as this can make the character easier to understand and write for but this is not essential.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats: This system provides a guide to your character’s abilities. Remember to make it match their personality. This is another thing which can be altered by the GMs to suit their RPs so again check their OOCs. Under the S.P.E.C.I.A.L system you get 42 points to distribute across seven attributes. 2 is the lowest score, 10 the highest and 5 the average. You must not split points; i.e. no half points can be given.
- Strength: As it sounds. This refers to physical strength, not mental or emotional.
- Perception: Awareness of surroundings and other characters’ thoughts.
- Endurance: Usually refers to physical health and stamina. How long can your character keep on going?
- Charisma: Your character’s ability to influence others; their stage presence. Note that a high charisma score does not automatically mean others will like your character. Your character must still be written in a likeable manner for the charisma score to apply.
- Intelligence: As it sounds. How smart is your character? How much do they know and how well can they learn?
- Agility: Your character’s speed, coordination and dexterity.
- Luck: Again pretty obvious. This can have a huge impact on your character though so choose carefully.

There are several things to know and remember regarding character creation and usage as well as how to control your characters upon which I shall now elucidate.

• You may have two main characters and three minor characters per roleplay. Guest and NPC characters are allowed at the GMs discretion. The GM may also choose to further limit the maximum number of characters.

• Always check with the GM before bringing in a new character. The exception to this is for “strike characters” A strike character is a character that is only used once and then never again. For example, if a pet stops to ask directions or buy an ice-cream before continuing on, the person who gave the directions or sold the ice-cream would be a strike character.

• Character sheets are required for all main characters. Sheets for minor and guest characters are at the GMs discretion and do not have to be as detailed as for a main character.

• Small characters have their strength and endurance scores cut in half after all points are distributed, thus resulting in a score of less than 42. They are small after all.

• Young characters (less than 3 human years/10.5 animal years) also have their strength and endurance cut in half with the additional rules that those stats cannot be above 7 prior to cutting and intelligence cannot be above 5. Their bodies and minds simply have not had time to develop yet.

• Characters with ages older than 70 animal years/20 pet years cannot have agility or endurance scores above 4, after all, everyone wears out with age.

• One stat does not replace another. For example, a character with high agility may struggle to run a hundred metres if they have low endurance and luck alone will not let you move a car - strength is needed for that.

• The SPECIAL stats are more of a guideline than a rule but remember not to stray too far from them otherwise what would be the point in setting them in the first place?

• Many users like to draw or have someone draw a picture of their character and put this in their character sheet. This is by no means essential.

Last edited by Furrhan Blackwood on Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:25 pm
Profile WWW

Yay! I'll start! Took some liberty with this one, but it's a character I kinda wanna play, if that's alright...

Character Name: Real name is Kwekwaxa'we, sometimes just "Raven," but most mortals just know him as Tom.

Color: feral form - all black like a typical raven. god form - black, but with teal and red lines.

Type: prolly main

Species/Breed: raven/diety

Neighbourhood: Sandy Creek/heaven

Appearance: feral form - Tom looks much like an ordinary raven, and would be hard to tell apart from other ravens. diety form - Actual form is highly variable due to circumstances, and can vary from human sized to gigantic. Anthropomorphic raven with hands, bird feet, and a pair of wings. While his feathers/beak/scales are black, he is covered in lines and marks painted teal and red, that tend to glow when he exhibits power.

Personality: Most know Tom as that sometimes troublesome but friendly and mostly harmless raven resident of the Sandy Creek neighborhood. No one is quite sure why he is here, as he's the only raven in the area, but when asked he simply says he hangs around "for kicks." He is friends with most of the residents but is held in some suspicion, for his habit of playing practical jokes on residents, though most see it as little more than juvenile amusement. Without invitation, Tom has a habit of butting his way into whatever is happening at the time, whether or not it is immediately relevant to him. For the most part, the residents treat him as an amusing, if occasionally bothersome local bird who tends to make their days a bit more entertaining.

As a diety, kwekwaxa'we is far more machiavellian and forceful, though is still benevolent. He generally prefers to not use his power to manipulate situations, but does so if he can't come up with a more clever way of handling things. While he seemingly has little care for the well being of those around him, this only extends to the point of dealing permanent loss to a person; his practical jokes are meant to be amusing (to himself) and not malevolent. He finds other deities troublesome, unless they become part of his schemes.

Other notes: Kwekwaxa'we is a creator and trickster spirit, proudly claiming "Prometheus ain't got nothing on me." His divine purpose is the monitoring and caretaking of those beings of sentience. In practice though, these creatures tend to take care of themselves, and he spends more of his time amusing himself in the day to day lives of some of these creatures. Despite possessing reality-altering powers and comprehension of the vast extent of the universe, Kwekwaxa'we is a fickle and bizarre being who often gets fascinated with the smallest of things. In this case, Raven has spent his last few years pretending to be a common raven living in Sandy Creek, for no other reason than his amusement. He is generally seen as a childish entity by other, more purposeful deities, but he doesn't care. He spends his time involving himself in the lives of the neighborhood residents, sometimes friend, sometimes troublemaker. He has considered finding himself an avatar among the residents, for no reason other than because it might be fun.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats:

- Strength: 2
Unless absolutely necessary, Tom exhibits the strength of an ordinary common raven.
- Perception: 9
While sometimes purposefully limited, Tom still possess a keen sense of his environment and others.
- Endurance: 2
Unless absolutely necessary, Tom exhibits the endurance of an ordinary common raven.
- Charisma: 9
Being a trickster god, Tom is particularly good at manipulating people.
- Intelligence: 10
being a trickster god, Tom is known for his cunning and mental alacrity.
- Agility: 6
Unless absolutely necessary, Tom exhibits the agility of an ordinary common raven.
- Luck: 4
Sometimes, despite all his machinations, things don't turn out as Tom plans. This is all part of the fun though.

-G.K. Chesterton

Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:44 am
Lady Sloth

I'm going to make two characters since my first one is a sloth (of course) but I want someone to carry her around sometimes :P

--

Character Name: Tica Sky

Color: n/a

Type: main character

Species/Breed: bipedal hoffmann's two-toed sloth

Age: 25 pet years (5 human years -- a sloth's life expectancy is about 15 human years)

Neighbourhood: Sandy Creek

Appearance: gray and white sloth with brown hands. (see ref here: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/12230011/) . While Tica can walk bipedally, she's most comfortable hanging upside-down, or riding on a friend's back. When standing, she's between 3 and 4 feet tall.

Personality: Tica, due to being a sloth, is very slow, and has poor hearing and eyesight but an excellent sense of smell. She has no startle reflex (a very slow reaction time) and can get cold very easily. However, she is very kind, and very sweet and caring, along with being curious and a great absorber of information and learning. She's always ready to meet new people and make friends!

Other notes: Tica lives in a wildlife refuge in/near Sandy Creek with other exotic feral species that are not native to the region, and feral rescues who are recovering from injuries or illnesses that needed human intervention. She doesn't really have an owner, per se, but the person who runs the refuge is a man named Marcus. Tica was rescued from the rainforest as a very small baby and hand-raised by humans, so she is not a good candidate to be re-introduced to the wild, and expects to live the rest of her life in Sandy Creek, or maybe be transferred to a zoo someday. Marcus trusts her to leave the refuge on her own, altho' she will sometimes leave the refuge with her moose friend Herman as a kind of guide and bodyguard. She likes to sit in his antlers :P

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats:

- Strength: 2
Tica is very small and not very strong, besides her grip, which is like a vice in order to keep her from falling out of trees.
- Perception: 5
Tica has decent emotional and social perception, but her poor vision and hearing make it difficult for her to perceive her environment with full clarity.
- Endurance: 2
Tica does not have much physical endurance. In cold weather she has to bundle up in tons of clothes to stay warm.
- Charisma: 5
Tica is very kind and thoughtful, but not particularly persuasive.
- Intelligence: 10
Tica loves to learn and this is where she really excels.
- Agility: 2
Tica moves at a very slow pace, even on the best of days.
- Luck: 8
Tica is a very fortunate person, and things tend to go her way a lot, even if she's not actively trying to do anything.

--

Character Name: Herman the Moose

Color: n/a

Type: main character

Species/Breed: quadrupedal North American bull moose

Age: 40 pet years (10 human years -- a moose's life expectancy is about 20 human years)

Neighbourhood: Sandy Creek

Appearance: regular, full-sized brown moose with an impressive set of antlers.

Personality: Herman is very slow and ponderous, generally willing to carry Tica wherever she wants to go, and often ruminating on various grasses and simply wandering around. He's not the brightest bulb in the box, but he's fiercely loyal to his friends, and he uses his great size to protect the weak and vulnerable whenever he can. He's quiet and doesn't talk very much, but he does enjoy being in the company of others.

Other notes: Herman lived as a calf in Alaska, but when his mother was killed by a car, he was taken in as a rescue and ended up in Sandy Creek. He made fast friends with Tica and some days they are completely inseparable. Marcus doesn't like him wandering around on his own outside of the refuge because he's wont to get confused and lost (altho' his healthy fear of cars does keep him safe in that regard), so you almost never see him without Tica in his antlers or on his back.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats:

- Strength: 10
Herman's large size translates into great strength.

- Perception: 5
Herman is easily distractable, and he's most interested in grazing and walking. He doesn't usually register danger until it's right in his face.

- Endurance: 10
Herman's large size and shaggy winter coat translate into impressive endurance.

Herman is kind and helpful, but not a natural leader.

- Intelligence: 2
Herman means well, but ... well...

- Agility: 4
Herman is too large to be particularly agile, altho' he can be fast in a straight line when he means to be.

- Luck: 6
Herman tends to be more fortunate than unlucky.

Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:08 pm
Profile WWW

-Name-
Hyper Dust
-Character Type-
Main
-Age-
5 human years; 15 pet years
-Species-
Turkish Angora cat
-Appearance-
Hyper has snow-white fur everywhere except for on the tips of his ears and tail and a tuft of fur on the top of his head. He wears a blue hoodie and a black bandana around his forehead. His right eye is blue and his left eye is tan with instead white around the iris it is black and a black diamond with 4 circles around it for the pupil.
-Personality-
Hyper has 2 distinct personalities. The first one is his and he is very sweet and makes friends easily. If he is extremely angry or hurt, Shukaku will take control. When Shukaku is in control both of Hyper's eyes will look like his left one. Shukaku is mean and hard to get along with. He loves to mess with people and doesn't feel pain no matter how much it damages Hyper.
-Other Notes-
As a child, Hyper's father sealed Shukaku inside of his body, thus giving him control of sand and a raging demon inside him. Hyper has learned how to somewhat control Shukaku, but he still has a lot to learn.
-S.P.E.C.I.A.L-
Strength: 5
Perception: 6
Endurance: 6
Charisma: 8
Intelligence: 8
Agility: 5
Luck: 4

Last edited by hypernovatic on Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:40 pm
Profile WWW

Character Name: Ouija (No last name; See other notes)

Color: Speech color

Type: Main

Species/Breed: Dog; Australian Shepherd

Age: Ageless (See other notes). When asked his age, he will respond with 6 human years/21 animal years.

Neighbourhood: Sandy Creek/Heaven/Hell (See other notes)

Appearance: Basic Australian Shepherd fur pattern; blue, black, brown, and white. His eyes are a neon-green color. He has grown out the fur on top of his head to simulate bangs from human hair. These "bangs" cover the left side of his face and stop on the side of his muzzle. The bangs are also dyed a lavender color. Under his bangs, he has a scar around his left eye. There is no fur where the scar is, which is in the shape of a nonagram; a scar that appears to be created by a branding iron. He has an average build; not really skinny or fat, flabby or muscular, etc.. He is just shy of 4 feet tall. He typically wears his vest (which he rarely buttons up) that he has decorated over the years, along with a prayer bead necklace that has a pentacle (not to be confused with a pentagram) made out of carved, blue zircon as the pendant. On his left brachium (upper arm), he usually sports a spiked armband. He also has a tongue stud, although, instead of the ball of the stud being metal, it is a small piece of emerald. Like most dogs, he doesn't sport pants or shoes. When he travels to heaven or hell, he will usually wear black ceremonial robes combined with a spiked face mask that covers his muzzle (but it should not be mistaken for a muzzle, as the mask still allows him to speak. The fabric of the mask keeps from muffling his voice), but leaves the upper half of his face visible. He will seldom use a collar, as he doesn't generally travel outside the residential area of Sandy Creek (except for heaven/hell of course).

Personality: Ouija does not usually start conversations with humans or pets around him, but will converse with others if they start the conversation. He has 3 loves in his life: music, nature, and Kristian. He understands that people can have other opinions than his own, but will become defensive if his opinions are openly attacked (attacked in the form of insult, not debate). He will rarely smile, even when he is happy. He can act arrogant at times, but truly cares about other people, even if he doesn't show it. He enjoys to read and will spend hours reading, generally open to most book genres. He does not understand pop culture, from the clothing style (i.e: sagging pants) to the music (pop or rap) to the slang/street terms ("Swag", "Yolo", "Rofl", etc) or even reality television (Duck Dynasty, The Voice, Dancing With The Stars, America's Got Talent, etc.). Other than when he is with Kristian, he does not like physical contact (i.e: Hugs, hand/paw on shoulder, etc.. He does not mind small physical greeting gestures such as a hand/paw shake).

Other notes: Ouija was born in the area that came to be Sandy Creek. He didn't know his parents at all, but was raised by the wildlife that populated the area at the time. Through the wildlife, he learned how to be self-sufficient and how to have a love for nature. After a couple of years, he met a red fox about the same age as him named Kristian. Kristian was a positive, optimistic fox that somehow always made Ouija smile. After a while, the two considered each other as brothers. One day, Kristian and Ouija were exploring when they ran into a large creature that claimed to be a divine being. It offered Ouija and Kristian powers that one could only dream of. As young, curious animals, they both readily accepted. What they didn't expect was a catch. Even though they both received powers, with the powers came obligations. Obligations that put them on the opposite sides of the battlefield. Kristian was to be a representative of heaven, while Ouija became one of hell. They were given psychic powers and the ability to stop aging (although they could stop aging, they did not receive immortality. They just cannot die of old age). They were given their names Kristian and Ouija with these powers. While Kristian embraced his new power, Ouija refused to use it. As time went by, the responsibility that accompanied their power began to take hold. They had to go between heaven and hell, negotiating and bringing messages from both places. Since Ouija had resisted using his powers at first, he was very inexperienced in using them. Kristian became Ouija's mentor and would help Ouija with his powers. Soon, these tall, furless animals started showing up and began building on the land. They built a sign and placed it in what appeared to be the center of the settlement; a sign that read Sandy Creek. Kristian and Ouija would watch them and see how they made these foreign structures out of wood. They would sneak into the human settlement and get supplies, which they took back into the deep woods. After months of hard work, they had made themselves a small cabin. As the humans began bringing animals, they decided to use their powers to make a profit. In trade for treasures and food, they would give palm readings or a séance. As the industrial revolution came in, they closed their business and built another cabin deeper in the woods. The humans were a lot more mean at this point in time. Once, a skeptic took Ouija after finding out he was psychic, and used a branding iron around his left eye, that way, everyone could recognize him by it. More time went by and many things had changed. The settlement had advanced from using horses and wooden carts to large, metal beasts with 4 black, spinning things that moved them. The houses were no longer built out of wood. Fashion had changed drastically. Near their cabin, a wildlife reserve was built, housing many exotic and strange animals. They started to blend in with society, taking part in its customs. Kristian started to take part in the food of the time, while Ouija took part with the music. After a number of years doing this, Kristian was a proficient chef, working in a local restaurant that allowed animal employees, while Ouija would attend concerts of touring heavy metal bands and worked a booth as a palm reader. They learned things at their jobs such as the fall of a structure called the Berlin Wall, something named "Y2K", and the election of the first African-American president. They still live in that log cabin near the reserve, although, they keep a "No Trespassing" sign close to the cabin and they don't tell anyone where they live. They get to enjoy a nice laugh when they hear of a supposedly "haunted" cabin near a wildlife reserve. Ouija can be commonly seen at concerts and the beach.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats:

- Strength: 5
Ouija has never really needed strength, so he hasn't tried to build it.

- Perception: 7
Ouija generally is aware of what is around him and such, but his arrogance sometimes clouds his judgement.

- Endurance: 6
Since Ouija doesn't usually spend his time exercising or doing anything consistently active, he hasn't built on it either.

Ouija is self-sufficient and doesn't typically rely on others, so he generally has no reason to influence anyone.

- Intelligence: 9
Ouija spends much of his time reading and learning, which provides him with knowledge over a wide range of subjects.

- Agility: 5
Ouija is about as agile as a normal dog.

- Luck: 5
Ouija isn't very lucky, but he isn't very unlucky either.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Character Name: Kristian

Color: Speech color

Species/Breed: Fox; Red Fox

Age: Ageless/When asked, he will respond with 8 human years/28 animal years

Neighbourhood: Sandy Creek/Heaven/Hell

Appearance: Kristian has a basic Red Fox fur pattern; a red-orange fur coat with white on his underbelly and part of his tail. His eyes are a bright blue. He keeps his fur well groomed and unlike Ouija, he keeps the fur on top of his head relatively short. He is skinnier than Ouija, but is about two (2) inches taller than him. When casually dressed, he will wear a pair of black cargo shorts with a band oriented t-shirt, preferably a Rush t-shirt that he got during a concert. He also wears a prayer bead necklace, although, it has a small wooden cross as the pendant instead of a pentacle. When in heaven/hell, he will wear pure white ceremonial robes. When he is working at the restaurant, he is usually wearing an apron that reads "Pet The Cook" that has been fitted to his height. He doesn't wear a collar at the cabin, but he will wear a simple black collar at work and in public.

Personality: Kristian is generally outgoing, always eager to meet new people and pets. He loves hugs, but his is respectful to others by not doing it constantly (most of the time). He enjoys cooking and exploring new places. He is optimistic and nice to everyone, except for when they push him really far. He loves Ouija like a brother and cares very much for him.

Other notes: Like Ouija, Kristian didn't know his parents. He found Ouija when wandering down the west coast. When he and Ouija were given powers, he practiced it while Ouija tried to ignore it. When the time came, he became somewhat of a teacher to Ouija. After the industrial revolution and pets started getting some rights, he decided to get a job. He became a dishwasher at a local restaurant next to a cafe. After working there for a few years and becoming a waiter, he started getting interested in cooking. One day, after the restaurant was closed for the day, the owner of the restaurant caught Kristian cooking in the kitchen. He was skeptical at first, but he changed his mind after tasting the food that Kristian made. The chef that was working at the time became Kristian's mentor and was his mentor for multiple years until he died of a stroke. After he died, Kristian became a full-time cook at the restaurant and also became the trainer for new cooks. He works at the restaurant from 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Thursday. He offers specials to both humans and pets, as long as he is working at the time someone asks for it.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats:

- Strength: 4

- Perception: 8

- Endurance: 5

- Charisma: 8

- Intelligence: 7

- Agility: 5

- Luck: 5

Last edited by Sergei on Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:52 pm

Those characters are looking great! You're all approved!

Sergei, the only thing I'm worried about with yours is that if your characters are too reserved and living on their own all the time they're likely to find it hard to interact with the other characters and hard to join in the RP. If you can find a way to counteract though then they should be interesting characters to have around. :)

So here's my two characters:

Quote:
Name: Furrhan Blackwood
Species: Eastern Quoll
Height: 1.65’ (0.5m) when standing on hindlimbs
Length from nose to end of tail: 2’ (0.6m)
Weight:
1.2kg (2.65lb)
Description: Fawn on top, lighter underside. White spots on back, arms, legs but NOT on head and NOT on tail. Spots are smallish, but not tiny, and numerous. Pale pinkish inner ears and paws, nose is redder than the typical quoll. Digitigrade, with the ability to walk on two legs or all fours. Fit, agile and strong but doesn’t appear wiry or muscular. Tail is fairly straight-shaped, narrow-ish, and fluffy but not poofy and tapers gradually until a blunt tip at the end. Small horizontal scar on the outside of the base of the left thumb where it joins to the paw, larger scar on inside of left knee and lower right shin but scars on legs are hidden under the fur and are thus not visible, unlike the one on the paw which can be seen.
Wears: Dark green (Hunter or Forest green) cargo shorts, a pale-coloured broad-brimmed hat somewhat like an Akubra, and a small pendant handing on a dark-coloured string around his neck which he carved from Tasmanian Blackwood. The pendant features the logo of the veterinary caduceus superimposed over a fern frond.
Personality: Quiet and reserved until he gets to know you, Furrhan soon opens up and shows his inner boisterous spirit. Always willing to lend an ear and a paw, Furrhan knows and sees more than he lets on, even if he doesn't fully realise it himself. Never short of a pun, he loves to muck around with his friends but appreciates having space to relax and time to withdraw and reflect on his own at the end of the day. His friends call him weird but they also call him wise (although he'd never say that of himself) and they often look to him for advice and confide in him their troubles. Honest and reliable, Furrhan is devoutly Christian and a family quoll, having a large family to whom he's very close. One day he might like to start a family of his own but for now he's a happy single bachelor and intends to remain that way.
Other Notes: Furr is a wild quoll, originally from Tasmania. He was captured by a poacher and taken to Los Angeles to be sold in the black market. Somehow he escaped from his captors and as fortune would have it, he's made his way along the coast to Sandy Creek. Mistrusting humans, he's realised he has no way to get home so he's made peace with his lot and settled in Sandy Creek in a burrow he made under a tree by the bank of the titular creek. He's friendly enough with the local pets and wildlife (except those he hunts - hey, a quoll's gotta survive) and has nicked a few things from the poacher to help him survive, including a small pocket knife which he's become quite handy with, and a hat and pants to help him remain undetected when he's forced to mix with humans. He also always wears his pendant which he carved himself before he was captured in Tasmania. It's a small reminder of his home and his family.
Likes: Playing alto saxophone, hiking, reading, eating bandicoots, writing stories and poetry, cooking, listening to jazz and show tunes, cider, quiet, solitude, waterfalls, Christianity
Dislikes: Fish/seafood, olives, heavy metal/screamo, rap, manual labour, crowds, being woken up, profanity, romance/horror genres
Stats:
S3 (Hey, I'm small. So sue me.)
P8 (I like to channel my inner Holmes)
E6 (It's natural. I can keep going, just not running)
C5 (I can handle people but they confuse me.)
I8 (I read a lot. Comes with the territory)
A9 (I can jump, climb and weave)
L3 (... I also trip a lot...)

Quote:
Name: Sammy Cooper
Species: Domestic Short-Hair (DSH) Cat
Appearance:
Large for his breed, Sammy is a wild-coat type cat. Tan and black tabby with black down the spine and the classic M marks on his forehead and a white underside. He wears a green collar with a tag in the shape of a paw print. He's slightly tubby but not unhealthily so and he definitely gets enough exercise.
Personality: Sammy is a happy-go-lucky kind of cat. He likes chasing birds and mice and laser lights. He and Furr are good friends and will often be seen hunting together, although Sammy's not the best predator. Sammy rarely eats what he catches as his owner feeds him quite well, perhaps too well, and being the kind soul that he is, Sammy is happy to share his prey with Furrhan who remains in his debt as at first Furr had no idea what was good to eat in America. Sammy has also taught Furr how to survive in a human world. Always friendly and talkative, Sammy is the kind of guy who's instantly likeable and who's always got that sparkle in his eye. You know when he's there and you know when he's not and as a result Furr's hunts tend to be more successful without Sammy. Furr's never had the heart to point it out though.
Other notes: Sammy was born and bred in Sandy Creek and knows the town like the back of his paw. He lives with his owner's parents who run the corner store. His owner, a lad of sixteen, attends the small school in Sandy Creek and has aspirations of one day inheriting his father's store and eventually passing it onto his own kids. Sammy and his owner are best friends and Sammy has been known to chase off more than one school-yard bully.
Stats:
S8 (Yeah, comes when you're my size.)
P6 (I'm just normal in that regard)
E7 (I exercise.)
C6 (I like to talk.)
I5 (I'm not the smartest knife in the drawer but I'm not dumb either.
A5 (Large vehicle coming through. :P )
L5 (I tend to do all right. :) )

The map is now up in the first post so pick a house and let me know and I'll mark you on there. I'll start the IC thread now too. :)

Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:49 am
Profile WWW

I'll take house 3.

Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:04 am
Profile WWW

Furrhan Blackwood wrote:
Sergei, the only thing I'm worried about with yours is that if your characters are too reserved and living on their own all the time they're likely to find it hard to interact with the other characters and hard to join in the RP. If you can find a way to counteract though then they should be interesting characters to have around.

They don't stay at home a lot, so they should be around the neighborhood often.

Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:37 pm

Oh cool! Fallout attribute system! I hope intelligence gives me more skill points when I level up, I want maxed skills by the time I get out of the vault.

Character Name: Sonata

Color: I'll keep it basic black for now

Species/Breed: Domestic (Black) Cat

Neighbourhood: Sandy Creek, Outdoor Cat, often takes shelter at house 24

Appearance: Full black Tom (male) cat, fairly large and quadruped.

Personality: Sonata is often considered to be the town vandal/troublemaker: he either has to be looked after, kept busy with some task in order to be kept out of trouble, or comprehended for some recent property damage. He is often bored so he engages in dangerous stunts and activities. He also doesn't get along well with too many other animals or humans, so he tends to interact via light-hearted teasing or aloof indifference.

Other notes: Sonata is 'cared for' by the town veterinarian (Character Sheet in progress), who attempts to keep him out of trouble, feed him when she's feeling generous, and allows him to live around the outside of her house (24). She is kind of fond of him in the same way someone can be fond of a squirrel that steals your birdseed for so long that you learn to get used to it. He is fond of her in the same way a student is fond of a teacher that is always hounding on him.

- Strength: 4 : Less brute strength than most mammals his size, can hold/push most objects designed for humans for only short times.
- Perception: 5 : Usually notices changes that occur around him, and average at reading social ques.
- Endurance: 8 : Used to going long periods on little resources and getting banged up / knocked around often; as a result, he's pretty sturdy and doesn't tire or yield easily
- Charisma: 4 : Usually tries in vain to convince others of his point of view or manipulate them. Has a such developed a reputation and is rarely trusted.
- Intelligence: 4 Has an apt understanding of the community, the inhabitants, and his physical surroundings, but almost knows nothing else in terms of any larger world or of academics.
- Agility: 7 : Relatively quick, considered nimble and coordinated compared to a similar mammal his size, including some cats.
- Luck: 10: Has a very odd tendency to escape bad situations; think of the '9 lives' metaphor but exaggerated.

EDIT _________________________________________________________________________________________________

Character Name: Barbara

Color: I'll try to use a basic red to distinguish the dialogue when this character is in a scene

Type: Minor

Species/Breed: Human (female)

Neighbourhood: Sandy Creek, resident at house 24

Appearance: Short woman of average weight. Wears a labcoat while working at the clinic and usually jeans and a longsleeve jacket while outside

Personality: Recently out of vet school, Barb moved to Sandy Creek in order to follow her dream of caring for the animals of the world. While she has met many wonderful people and animals in the short time after moving in, she has also found herself 'responsible' for the troublesome alley cat, primarily because no one else would. She is a bit fond of the cat, but she also gets very irritated by his mischief.

Typical bookish character, though she's relatively fit.
- Strength: 6 :
- Perception: 5 :
- Endurance: 6 :
- Charisma: 5 :
- Intelligence: 10 :
- Agility: 5 :
- Luck: 5:

Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:24 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next