Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Sandy Creek OOC 

^ What Doug said.

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the awesome Uncle Noob!

Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:53 pm
Profile WWW

I'm just going on what Wikipedia says in in Bologna since I've never had it. If I'm wrong feel free to let me know and I'll correct it.

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:39 am
Profile WWW

It's pretty much the same thing. No need to correct anything.

Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:52 am

I present to you: Bentley Jones :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Douglas Collier on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:04 pm

Ooh, nice! He's cute! ^^

Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:44 am
Profile WWW

Just a note, Furr: The animals in the HP! Universe also show their teeth when they're smiling. (Example: Daisy)

Thu May 21, 2015 8:25 am

True. I'm not sure how common it would be in the feral world away from humans though...
Still, I won't play it up too much. Fur will learn to relax.

Thu May 21, 2015 5:36 pm
Profile WWW

Is it possible to rejoin this rp?

Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:58 pm

Sure! Welcome back! Just jump in wherever and however you want!

Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:04 pm
Profile WWW

Great :D

I'll edit some of the bio and re-post it with the changes. I'm going to re-introduce them into the community instead of having it feel like they have just been awkwardly standing in the background the entire time.

Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:40 am

Sounds fine. :)

Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:04 am
Profile WWW

Sergei wrote:
Character Name: Ouija (No last name; See other notes)

Color: Speech color

Type: Main

Species/Breed: Dog; Australian Shepherd

Age: Ageless (See other notes). When asked his age, he will respond with 6 human years/21 animal years.

Languages: German (Main), English (Fluent), Sign Language (Conversational)

Skills: Multi-instrumentalist, sewing, gardening, archery

Neighbourhood: Sandy Creek/Heaven/Hell (See other notes)

Appearance: Basic Australian Shepherd fur pattern; blue, black, brown, and white. His eyes are a neon-green color. He has grown out the fur on top of his head to simulate bangs from human hair. These "bangs" cover the left side of his face and stop on the side of his muzzle. The bangs are also dyed a lavender color. Under his bangs, he has a scar around his left eye. There is no fur where the scar is, which is in the shape of a nonagram; a scar that appears to be created by a branding iron. He has an average build; not really skinny or fat, flabby or muscular, etc.. He is just shy of 4 feet tall. He typically wears his vest (which he rarely buttons up) that he has decorated over the years, along with a prayer bead necklace that has a pentacle (not to be confused with a pentagram) made out of carved, blue zircon as the pendant. On his left brachium (upper arm), he usually sports a spiked armband. He also has a tongue stud, although, instead of the ball of the stud being metal, it is a small piece of emerald. Like most dogs, he doesn't sport pants or shoes. When he travels to heaven or hell, he will usually wear black ceremonial robes combined with a spiked face mask that covers his muzzle (but it should not be mistaken for a muzzle, as the mask still allows him to speak. The fabric of the mask keeps from muffling his voice), but leaves the upper half of his face visible. He will seldom use a collar, as he doesn't generally travel outside the residential area of Sandy Creek (except for heaven/hell of course).

Personality: Ouija does not usually start conversations with humans or pets around him, but will converse with others if they start the conversation. He has 3 loves in his life: music, nature, and Kristian. He understands that people can have other opinions than his own, but will become defensive if his opinions are openly attacked (attacked in the form of insult, not debate). He will rarely smile, even when he is happy. He can act arrogant at times, but truly cares about other people, even if he doesn't show it. He enjoys to read and will spend hours reading, generally open to most book genres. He does not understand pop culture, from the clothing style (i.e: sagging pants) to the music (pop or rap) to the slang/street terms ("Swag", "Yolo", "Rofl", etc) or even reality television (Duck Dynasty, The Voice, Dancing With The Stars, America's Got Talent, etc.). Other than when he is with Kristian, he does not like physical contact (i.e: Hugs, hand/paw on shoulder, etc.. He does not mind small physical greeting gestures such as a hand/paw shake).

Other notes: Ouija was born in a rural area of the Alps in Austria. He didn't know his parents at all, but was raised by the wildlife that populated the area at the time. Through the wildlife, he learned how to be self-sufficient and how to have a love for nature. After a couple of years, he met a red fox about the same age as him named Kristian. Kristian was a positive, optimistic fox that somehow always made Ouija smile. After a while, the two considered each other as brothers. One day, Kristian and Ouija were exploring when they ran into a large creature that claimed to be a divine being. It offered Ouija and Kristian powers that one could only dream of. As young, curious animals, they both readily accepted. What they didn't expect was a catch. Even though they both received powers, with the powers came obligations. Obligations that put them on the opposite sides of the battlefield. Kristian was to be a representative of heaven, while Ouija became one of hell. They were given psychic powers and the ability to stop aging (although they could stop aging, they did not receive immortality. They just cannot die of old age). They were given their names Kristian and Ouija with these powers. While Kristian embraced his new power, Ouija refused to use it. As time went by, the responsibility that accompanied their power began to take hold. They had to go between heaven and hell, negotiating and bringing messages from both places. Since Ouija had resisted using his powers at first, he was very inexperienced in using them. Kristian became Ouija's mentor and would help Ouija with his powers. Soon, these tall, furless animals started showing up and began building on the land. Kristian and Ouija would watch them and see how they made these foreign structures out of wood. They would sneak into the human settlement and get supplies, which they took back into the deep woods. After months of hard work, they had made themselves a small cabin. As the humans began bringing animals, they decided to use their powers to make a profit. In trade for treasures and food, they would give palm readings or a séance. As the industrial revolution came in, they closed their business and built another cabin deeper in the woods. The humans were a lot more radical at this point in time. Once, a skeptic took Ouija after finding out he was psychic, and used a branding iron around his left eye, that way, everyone could recognize him by it. More time went by and many things had changed. The settlement had advanced from using horses and wooden carts to large, metal beasts with 4 black, spinning things that moved them. The houses were no longer built out of wood. Fashion had changed drastically. They started to blend in with society, taking part in its customs. Kristian started to take part in the food of the time, while Ouija took part with the music. After a number of years doing this, Kristian was a proficient chef, working in a local restaurant that allowed animal employees. Ouija took a job at a record shop where he would practice and experiment with different instruments on his breaks, which would lead to him picking money on the side by giving music lessons. They learned things at their jobs such as the fall of the Berlin Wall, something named "Y2K", and the election of the first African-American president in the USA. In their free time, they studied foreign languages, which made them both fluent English (due to having lived in Austria all their lives, their first language is German), Kristian decent in Arabic, and Ouija advanced in Sign Language. Although they both enjoy Austria, they felt that was starting to get dull and wanted a change of scenery. After doing some research, saving a lot of money, and being approved for visas, they moved to a small town in the USA named "Sandy Creek".

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats:

- Strength: 5
Ouija has never really needed strength, so he hasn't tried to build it.

- Perception: 7
Ouija generally is aware of what is around him and such, but his arrogance sometimes clouds his judgement.

- Endurance: 6
Since Ouija doesn't usually spend his time exercising or doing anything consistently active, he hasn't built on it either.

- Charisma: 5
Ouija is self-sufficient and doesn't typically rely on others, so he generally has no reason to influence anyone.

- Intelligence: 9
Ouija spends much of his time reading and learning, which provides him with knowledge over a wide range of subjects.

- Agility: 5
Ouija is about as agile as a normal dog.

- Luck: 5
Ouija isn't very lucky, but he isn't very unlucky either.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Character Name: Kristian

Color: Speech color

Type: Main

Species/Breed: Fox; Red Fox

Age: Ageless/When asked, he will respond with 8 human years/28 animal years

Languages: German (Main), English (Fluent), Arabic (Conversational)

Skills: Cooking, painting, cleaning, driving

Neighbourhood: Sandy Creek/Heaven/Hell

Appearance: Kristian has a basic Red Fox fur pattern; a red-orange fur coat with white on his underbelly and part of his tail. His eyes are a bright blue. He keeps his fur well groomed and unlike Ouija, he keeps the fur on top of his head relatively short. He is skinnier than Ouija, but is about two (2) inches taller than him. When casually dressed, he will wear a pair of black cargo shorts with a band oriented t-shirt, preferably a Rush t-shirt that he got during a concert. He also wears a prayer bead necklace, although, it has a small wooden cross as the pendant instead of a pentacle. When in heaven/hell, he will wear pure white ceremonial robes. He doesn't wear a collar at home, but he will wear a simple black collar in public.

Personality: Kristian is generally outgoing, always eager to meet new people and animals. He loves hugs, but his is respectful to others by not doing it constantly (most of the time). He enjoys cooking and exploring new places. He is optimistic and nice to everyone, except for when they push him really far. He loves Ouija like a brother and cares very much for him.

Other notes: Like Ouija, Kristian didn't know his parents. He found Ouija when wandering around the Alps. When he and Ouija were given powers, he practiced it while Ouija tried to ignore it. When the time came, he became somewhat of a teacher to Ouija. After the industrial revolution and animals started getting some rights, he decided to get a job. He became a dishwasher at a local restaurant. After working there for a few years and becoming a waiter, he started getting interested in cooking. One day, after the restaurant was closed for the day, the owner of the restaurant caught Kristian cooking in the kitchen. He was skeptical at first, but he changed his mind after tasting the food that Kristian made. The chef that was working at the time became Kristian's mentor and was his mentor for multiple years until he died of a stroke. After he died, Kristian became a full-time cook at the restaurant and also became the trainer for new cooks. He hopes to become the owner of a restaurant in the United States.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats:

- Strength: 4

- Perception: 8

- Endurance: 5

- Charisma: 8

- Intelligence: 7

- Agility: 5

- Luck: 5

Edited character ref. in quote and is the house on lot #21 still available?

Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:15 am

That sheet looks fine and that house is definitely still available. :)

Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:35 am
Profile WWW

Excellent :D I will write a post to introduce them in a bit.

Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:24 pm

How long is an appropriate amount of time to wait for someone to post before moving on?

Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:57 pm

Given that this is FFC and not hugely active I'd say a week or two.

Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:34 am
Profile WWW

What are rules when it comes to romance? (LGBT characters, PDA limits, etc./I understand that this is going to be clean rp and most likely won't go past PG, but I am curious to what is allowed)

Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:15 pm

I'm sort of confused. Doesn't Kristian already work at the restaurant? He wrote the day's spicy omelet special that Bentley is now eating. :?:

Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:25 pm

I had to reintroduce my characters since I was gone for such a long time and missed a couple pages of story progression. My updated reference sheet that I posted has the details.

Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:00 pm

You weren't gone for that long - at most it's been an hour in the story.

Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next