Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Sandy Creek IC 

Furr had been about to answer Argos' question but holds his tongue when he gets cut off. As the waitress appears in front of him he finds his nerves increasing. His pulse skyrockets when she shows her teeth - a sure sign of a threat if Furr is any judge. He grips the bar stool, his claws puncturing the underside of the leather as he struggles to restrain himself and he looks to the ferret and hound for guidance. He feels shaky and wonders why they appear to be shaky too. Then he realises the glasses in the rack behind the bar are also shaking and clinking quietly as the minor aftershock subsides. He opens and shuts his mouth a few times, unsure how to react or what to think and looks again at his companions for comfort.

~~~~
As the aftershock hits, Graham grabs Hyper and braces himself and the cat under the exam table.
"Ms Dust, brace yourself in the doorway, you're closest to it." he instructs. After the shaking stops he emerges from under the table and pulls the cat out with him.
"Sorry about that, Hyper. Come in, Ms. Dust. You guys wait here - I'll just check on my other patients." Two minutes later the vet returns.
"All is well. So, you've got a few wounds by the look of you. Did you fall off our out of anything? Anything broken or anywhere that's particularly sore?" he asks Hyper. As he speaks he pulls on a pair of gloves and slowly and carefully begins palpating the cat's legs, arms, spine and ribcage, looking for any fractures.

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the awesome Uncle Noob!

Tue May 05, 2015 7:55 pm
Profile WWW

Argo looked at the waitress about to give their order when the aftershock hit. He braced himself against the counter, and when the shaking stopped he looked back at the waitress, "I'll just take a bowl of Cheerios, my friend here would like a serving of bacon." He turned to Furrhan, he seemed incredibly nervous, he put his paw on Furrhan's back and rubbed as soothingly as he could, "Hey, relax you are doing fine, just remember what I told you." He spoke just low enough for Furrhan to hear.

Tue May 05, 2015 8:04 pm

Bentley braced himself as he felt the earth starting to tremble again. Luckily it was nothing compared to the initial earthquake.
Alright then! I'll see about getting you your cereal and send in that bacon order. I'll be right back.
The waitress went back into the kitchen with the order.
"It's ok, Furrhan - we get those tremors quite a bit here, but they're usually not too bad. And don't worry about the human waiter - she's very nice to us animals."

Wed May 06, 2015 7:52 pm

Hyper's eyes widened and his fur stood on end as he felt the aftershock. Abigail did as she was told and braced herself in the doorway. After it stopped, Abigail came inside and sat down. "I'm not sure if it's broken or not, but my leg is in exrutiating pain." Hyper said, wincing and yelping as the doctor touched his leg.

Thu May 07, 2015 8:40 pm
Profile WWW

Furr breathes heavily as he stares down at the bar, trying to calm himself.
"That... That was the closest I've ever been to a human... But she... She showed her teeth! Why weren't you guys worried?"

~~~~
"It doesn't feel like anything is broken but you're bruised and there's a lot of dirt in these grazes. I'll need to clean them and then we'll do an x-ray to make sure. Let's go through to the wet area and I'll do it over the special sink to avoid making a mess. Do you want Ms. Dust to come with you?"

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Thu May 21, 2015 7:54 am
Profile WWW

"Humans are a bit weird like that; they show their teeth both when they're happy and when they're angry. You just need to pay attention to their eyebrows. A lot of us animals do it too..." Bentley scratched his head. "Maybe it's just an American thing?"

Thu May 21, 2015 8:26 am

"Okay. She can if she wants, I don't mind." Hyper said, looking at Abigail. "I'll wait here. I don't want to disturb you two." Abigail said.

Thu May 21, 2015 10:42 am
Profile WWW

Argos continued to rub Furrhan's back soothingly, "Bentley's right, just don't be scared or freak out until you see us like that." He smiled and chuckled, "Which will probably never happen."

Thu May 21, 2015 11:10 am

Furr thinks back to what he's seen before and since his capture. He recalls having observed some pets from a distance who were hiking and he'd seen their teeth when they laughed although he'd remained unobserved.
"More a pet thing, I think..." he remarks. "I came across some pets that were hiking once back at home and they were doing it... Do the humans always come that close?"

~~~~
"All right. I'll b back before too long. Tammy's in reception so jus ask her if you need anything." With that Geoff scoops Hyper off the table and heads out the back, depositing the cat on a steel grill over a long sink. He makes a bowl of antiseptic solution and sits it on a nearby bench before pulling the hose from the tap and aiming it at Hyper's legs.
"This might sting a bit but I'll try to be gentle."

Thu May 21, 2015 6:16 pm
Profile WWW

"Not always, but yes, they usually do. But that's not a bad thing; the humans in this town usually only approach us animals with good intentions - like to feed us or pet us. There's nothing like a good scritch behind the ears," Bentley mused with a smile, thinking about that last scritch someone had given him.

Thu May 21, 2015 7:20 pm

Argos looked around the restaurant at everyone else there, he looked back at Furrhan, "If you want to really learn human emotions, just look around you." Argos thought of something and quickly chuckled, "Just don't stare at them, they won't like that."

Fri May 22, 2015 7:23 pm

Hyper hissed and winced as the antiseptic ran over his legs. "Ow!" he exclaimed, extending his claws.

Thu May 28, 2015 10:36 am
Profile WWW

"I... I don't think I'd like petting..." Furr muses, staring around the restaurant. "What am I supposed to learn by watching them that you can't just tell me?"

~~~~
"Sorry. Try to hold still." After scrubbing out all the dirt, Graham blots the wounds dry before carrying the cat to the x-ray machine. A few beeps later and the vet is confident that there's nothing broken. He applies some soothing antiseptic cream to the wounds and covers everything with a protective bandage.
"There. All done. Shall we head back to your owner now?"

Last edited by Furrhan Blackwood on Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 31, 2015 1:42 am
Profile WWW

Argos looked over at Furrhan, "Absolutely nothing, just a way to get used to what they look like and when, something that you can get out of just being told."

Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:46 am

"Yeah, it's just training you to be more comfortable in their presence. As you see that they're not trying to harm you, you'll naturally become less intimidated by them."

Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:46 pm

"Okay." Hyper said, rubbing his bandaged wounds.

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:45 pm
Profile WWW

Graham picks the cat up and carries him out of the room.
"Don't rub. Let them heal." he chastises before knocking on the door to the consult room and entering.
"All done. He'll need those bandages changed three days from now. That'll give me a chance to make sure they're healing okay too. He's cleaned up nicely so if you've no more questions then you're good to go. Oh, make sure to keep the bandages clean and dry, okay?"

~~~~
"I see... I guess I can do that..." The quoll peers at the various people in the restaurant. He has no clue what he's looking for and he's sill feeling on edge. Still, nothing untoward happens to him and he gradually begins to relax despite himself.
"So where's the meat?" he asks as his stomach growls.

Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:36 am
Profile WWW

"It takes time for them to cook the meat."

At that moment the waitress came out of the kitchen. "Your bacon is being prepared - it'll be ready in about two minutes," she said to the quoll in a bubbly kind manner. "Also, your omlet is almost up - should be ready at about the same time as the bacon," she informed Bentley. And just give me a second to get your cereal, she said to Argos. The waitress pulled out a bowl and a box of Cheerios from behind the counter, and then went over to the refrigerator and got out some milk. She prepared the cereal and gave it to Argos. "There you go. I'll bring your orders as soon as they're ready." The waitress then turned to help another customer at the full sized counter.

Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:32 pm

Argos looked at the other two as he was given his cereal. He grabbed a spoon and pushed the Cheerios into the milk to let them get soggy. To him the spoon was a little big, which kind of made it hard to take the first bite, but he enjoyed none the less. He looked over at Bentley after finishing the bite with a smile, "Want me to pay for this meal?"

Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:13 pm

"Okay." Hyper said as he stopped rubbing his wounds.

"Thank you so much. And I'll make sure they stay clean." Abigail said.

Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next