Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Sandy Creek IC 

"Oh, no - my treat."

Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:41 am

"You're very welcome. Tammy will fix up payment out the front for you. Oh, here's my card. If there's any issues then feel free to give me a call any time, day or night." Geoff passes the cat and card to the owner and smiles and opens the door for her.

~~~~
The quoll flinches away from the bright teeth again but he steels himself this time and stays put. He's not quite sure how to respond to her again but once she's gone his ear swivels towards Bentley followed by his head.
"Treat? I like treats. Can I have one? Please?" he adds, remembering the manners Sammy taught him.

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the awesome Uncle Noob!

Last edited by Furrhan Blackwood on Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:47 am
Profile WWW

Argos smiled and nodded, "Okay then." Furrhan's reaction to what Bentley said got a chuckle out of him, he looked at Bentley again to see if he could pull something out of somewhere or just tell him it was an expression.

Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:15 am

"What I meant is that I'll exchange my cash for the food." Bentley pulled the $20 bill out of the pocket in his collar and showed it to Furr.

Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:16 pm

Furr sniffs at the bill.
"Sammy has some of that. The humans like it. Only, his is different. His has a different human on it and that bit is different. Instead of being squiggly like that it's more straight, like an arrow. Like this." Furr points at the two in the "20" printed on the bill and then uses his claw to draw something that vaguely resembles a 1 on the table.
"That round bit was the same though." Here the quoll points at the zero. Sammy has explained money to Furrhan but, never having been in a shop, the quoll hasn't seen it being used and he can't wrap his head around the different denominations.
"So... No treats then?"

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:38 am
Profile WWW

Argos looked at the scratched line on the table, he frowned and chuckled at the same time. "There are many different types of those bills people use." He looked at his bowl of Cheerios, now thoroughly soggy, he took a bite and enjoyed it very much. After he finished he looked at Furrhan, "Well, this isn't much of a treat but you want to try oats in milk? I'll have to warn you first, you probably won't like it."

Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:05 pm

Entered this room with huge ciggar shaped dog-buiscit "Sup dudes?"

Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:56 pm

A fox and an Australian Shepherd enter the restaurant. The fox is wearing black cargo shorts with a small chain that goes from a belt loop over his right pocket into his right back pocket. He is wearing a black t-shirt with a stone Minotaur on the front. Above the Minotaur is printed "Fleshgod Apocalypse" and the back of the shirt has a message written in Italian. His prayer bead necklace hangs about halfway down his torso. The Shepherd is wearing an opened vest that is covered in patches and has spikes on its shoulders and collar. The back of the vest is nearly covered by a black and white patch of a rather young looking man wearing facepaint. The bottom of the patch reads "RIP Per 'Dead' Ohlin 1969-1992". His necklace hangs just inches under his neck, the bright blue pentacle on it a complete contrast of color on him except the lavender "bangs" covering the left side of his face.

The two talk to each other in a foreign language as they sit at the main counter with the other humans. They take a look at the menu and wait for the waitress to come take their order.

Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:13 pm

Bentley turned and nodded at the character who had greeted them, then turned back as the waitress arrived with the food.
"Here you go - a spicy omelet for the basset hound, and bacon for the . . . little guy," the waitress said with a smile. "Enjoy, and let me know if you need anything else."
"Thanks," Bentley said, picking up a fork.
The waitress then went to to the human counter.
"Um, excuse me," she said somewhat timidly, a bit intimidated by the apparel of the two animals sitting there, "but, um, pets are supposed to sit with the other animals at the pet counter unless accompanied by a human. I'm sorry, it's the restaurant's policy."

Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:56 am

The quoll is about to respond to Argos when he's distracted by his bacon arriving. He has no clue what the cutlery is for so after sniffing his meat he picks it up in his paws before yelping and dropping it back onto the plate.
"Ow! It's hot!" He sucks his singed fingers, trying to cool them down. "Mmm. The slime on it tastes good though!" Furr hasn't experienced cooking oil before so he doesn't know the proper term for it. He just equates the slimy sensation with that which he gets on his paws when consuming his prey.

Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:38 am
Profile WWW

With the arrival of the others food Argos slid his bowl back in front of himself and starting eating. He frowns at Furrhan burning himself on the bacon but smiles at his quick recovery, "That bacon's going to be hot for a few seconds or longer. And so you like grease?"

Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:59 pm

The pair give each other a puzzled look and talk in hushed voices for a few moments until the fox gives a small shrug. The Australian Shepherd turns to the waitress and speaks with a thick accent
"Sorry about that, we will move".
With that, the two move over and take a seat at the pet counter, very close to Bently.

The fox pulls out touch-screen phone from his pocket and starts texting while he waits for the waitress to take their order.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:05 pm

Abigail left the vet and took Hyper into town. "Don't mess with your wounds. I've got to get back home. I'll see you later." she said, waving goodbye to Hyper as she left. Hyper walked into the restaurant Argos and the others were in. He walked up to them and waved. "Hey guys."

Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:16 am
Profile WWW

As the fox and the aussie sat down by him, Bentley was impressed (if not a little intimidated) by their apparel. Most pets didn't wear more than a collar or bandana, unless their owners dressed them up - usually in humiliating outfits; these two appeared to be wearing clothing of their own free will - the shorts were particularly unusual. Then Bentley noticed the phone and his eyes widened a bit. Touchscreen phones were rare among pets, and for a feral, unheard of (unless the fox was a pet, which Bentley then guessed he was based on the collar - though he couldn't be sure). Bentley was about to comment on it when Hyper walked in and greeted them.
"Oh, hi Hyper. How was the vet?"

The waitress came up to take orders.

Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:00 am

Sammy follows Hyper into the restaurant.
"Oh, good! Food! I'm starved! Hi, guys!" The big cat seats himself at the bar and orders the biggest breakfast available for pets, hungrily anticipating bacon, baked beans, eggs, hash browns, and French toast.

Meanwhile, Furr has blown on his bacon to cool it and began stuffing it hungrily into his mouth with both paws.
"Hmm? What's grease?" he asks, pausing to push a bit of fat in with a delicate claw.

Last edited by Furrhan Blackwood on Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:09 am
Profile WWW

Argos looked at the growing number of pets at the bar, enjoying his cereal very much. He looked over at Furrhan as he asked his question, "It's what is on the bacon. It's just heated up fat from the meat, makes it taste better from what I've heard." He looked at the dog and fox sitting next to Bentley, also surprised by their apparel, it wasn't very common among animals. He looked at the other newcomers too, at least Bentley knew these ones, he gave a curt wave, "Hi."

Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:07 pm

Kristian and Ouija both look over the menu, occasionally saying a few quiet words to each other about some items available. Kristian lays his phone on the counter as Ouija looks up at the waitress and gives her his order.
"May I have a cup of black coffee with some scrambled eggs, sausage, and a banana?"
When OuijIa finishes ordering, Kristian looks up and names off his order, his voice just as accented but a little higher than Ouija's.
"I'll have an iced tea, a steak, egg, and cheese biscuit, and a side order of bacon please."
Kristian pulls out a wallet from his back right pocket, revealing that the chains are attached to it. It is all leather, except for a sewn on patch in the front of it with the design of Austria's flag. He opens it up and looks at the waitress,
"How much will all that be, ma'am?"

Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:59 am

The waitress totaled up the order.
"Your total comes to $10.99, but with the worker's discount, it goes down to $7.99. Oh, and you don't need to pay until after you're done eating. Will that be all for you two?"

Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:34 am

"It was fine. Nothing's broken, which is good." Hyper said, pointing at his bandaged arm.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:46 am
Profile WWW

Civilization wrote:
Argos looked at the growing number of pets at the bar, enjoying his cereal very much. He looked over at Furrhan as he asked his question, "It's what is on the bacon. It's just heated up fat from the meat, makes it taste better from what I've heard." He looked at the dog and fox sitting next to Bentley, also surprised by their apparel, it wasn't very common among animals. He looked at the other newcomers too, at least Bentley knew these ones, he gave a curt wave, "Hi."

"Ah. Well, whatever it is it's good!" Furr enthuses before starting on another piece of bacon. "Um... Why are they dressed like humans?" he queries, pointing at Kristian and Ouija.

Sam meanwhile, is otherwise occupied, starting on the first course of his massive meal.

Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:37 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next