Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
What kinds of things would you like to see FFC do? 
Site Administrator

To those who use our Telegram group, it's no surprise that it's definitely more active than the forum. However, it's certainly no substitute! A group chat moves quickly, can only handle one (maybe two) topics at the same time, and makes it difficult to have in-depth discussion. Not to mention FFC is home to Christian furries from all around the globe, so it makes it difficult to be in fellowship with everyone if they're asleep when you're awake!

Which makes me want to ask you all: What is it you think would be a good use of the forum that isn't being capitalized on at the moment?

Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:37 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

I like JC's idea of a weekly Bible reading, probably even a daily devotional or a weekly Bible study.

Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:54 pm
Profile WWW

I like the idea too. A weekly bible study would be good. We could pick a book and read through it a chapter at a time, discussing it as we go.

We could also do some Christian training courses like they do in youth or young adult groups. Things like Alpha which my group is currently doing or any other little training or inspirational courses you guys know of. Doing this on the forum means people can watch associated videos in their own time and comment in the discussions when they have time.

I think maybe move the Prayer subforum out onto the main index page like the Overcoming forum might be a good idea so that it's more obvious for newcomers. I also think having the prayer section its own thing and more obvious would show our Christian nature more obviously too since prayer is such a major part of any Christian's life.

Perhaps a news ticker at the top of the forums would be good too. We could have a daily bible verse in there as well as a daily prayer request or daily inspirational word. And it would remind us of any events we organise as a forum, like game nights or meets or anything like that.

I think a more dynamic, modern default theme would attract more users to the forum as would a social media presence which could help to break the stigma of old so unfortunately attached to our forums.

From a furry standpoint, things are more tricky. What we have for furries here is also available for furries in other places. We need to find something unique to us in that regard that we can capitalise on and that's tricky... Perhaps commissioning someone to create a furry mascot for the forums would attract furries for a start. Most other major furry sites have a mascot as far as I know so... *shrugs*

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the awesome Uncle Noob!

Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:18 am
Profile WWW

I think a mascot might be good, do we have something like a lion? Or community picked?

I'm glad the bible discussion idea is getting some traction. Im not sure on if i should leave out the old testament or bring it up in discussion. Anyone have any feelings on that?

I know it will be cliche but... a talent night? No idea on if we should give prizes... i dont think we should. But what if we encouraged people to post something they have a talent for?

Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:13 am

I really like JC's idea for a Bible study, perhaps members could volunteer to put down some thoughts or a short meditation for each, to get the discussion going?

I'm not sure what else to add, but I suspect I might think of something.

(B.F. Westcott)

Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:30 am
Profile WWW

Jacey Panda wrote:
I think a mascot might be good, do we have something like a lion?

Lovely idea, I'm just kinda afraid that a lion, especially if it's toony, might get us a ton of complaints that it could be disrespectful towards Jesus.

Jacey Panda wrote:
Im not sure on if i should leave out the old testament or bring it up in discussion. Anyone have any feelings on that?

I personally see the OT as supporting the NT (where the most important stuff is for Christians), so I wouldn't focus on those books as the primary subject, but dive into it if warranted by the discussion.

Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:02 am

Tayi wrote:
Lovely idea, I'm just kinda afraid that a lion, especially if it's toony, might get us a ton of complaints that it could be disrespectful towards Jesus.

A subtly designed lion would be excellent - and a standard image for Christ. It would need to be done well though.

(B.F. Westcott)

Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:13 am
Profile WWW

*starts googling pictures of Aslan*
*gets mauled by all the forum members*

You know, we could have two mascots, a lion and a lamb.

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:34 pm
Profile WWW

I was worried about the lion idea, on if it was disrespectful. Its why i was thinking that maybe it should be decided as a group. People put up suggestions, make a poll.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:02 am
Site Administrator

We used to have a lion & lamb logo that our founder designed:
Attachment:
LionLamb_banner.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:32 pm
Profile WWW

That was indeed a very nice logo (and, to me, not disrespectful at all.)

Personally, I wouldn't mind a lion mascot, even a toony one. Respectfulness would mostly be because of what the mascot is shown doing, not because of itself in general.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:44 pm
Site Administrator

Unfortunately it'd probably be in bad taste to use that logo again.

Hey other staff peeps, we should look into seeing what stuff we can implement! Everyone else, feel free to participate and volunteer for anything you think you would want to do/start/participate in!

Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:23 pm
Profile WWW

Something else I've been thinking about. I've brought it up before but it wasn't well received but maybe it's time to bring it up again.

Those of us who've been here for a while are well aware of the rocky history of these forums even if we weren't around when it happened. Part of the stigma of that is still attached to the branding. "Furs For Christ" as a name is still very similar to "Furs Fur Christ".

Perhaps in order to remove the stigma we should rebrand somehow. I do want to be respectful to our history and our founders but we do need to make sure our history doesn't hold us back. We do need to move forward and not just live in the past and I think working to remove the stigma will be a great way to encourage people to consider exploring our forums again.

~~~~~~~~
Another idea that just occurred to me. Perhaps we could form some partnerships with other furry sites for mutual advertising or benefits? Just a random thing to think about.

~~~~~~~~
EDIT: Another idea that just occurred to me. As well as the prayer forum we could have a crisis hotline. If people need prayer or support urgently for something perhaps there could be a phone number for a staff member/volunteer or two that they could call. We could even work out a rota of some sort so that there is someone to answer their phone available at all times and have the times listed somewhere so that people know who to call?

Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:14 am
Profile WWW

Would it be possible to start a new Roleplay in the Roleplay Board? Possibly something that new members get invited to join if they want to?
The only reason I don't join with these is: I don't want to ruin it for everyone, and don't know how to go about getting involved.

(B.F. Westcott)

Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:36 am
Profile WWW

CofEFur wrote:
Would it be possible to start a new Roleplay in the Roleplay Board? Possibly something that new members get invited to join if they want to?
The only reason I don't join with these is: I don't want to ruin it for everyone, and don't know how to go about getting involved.

we could do that....what do you have in mind?

-G.K. Chesterton

Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:57 pm

Absolutely! That's what that board is for!

Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:55 am
Profile WWW

TomIsAwesome wrote:
we could do that....what do you have in mind?

I have no idea, this is my problem. Sorry.

(B.F. Westcott)

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:30 am
Profile WWW

Hm...
I have some ideas so I could start it up... but I'm not sure. In The Furry Forums all my RP's died. :/

At the cross is love beyond hate, faith beyond doubt, and hope beyond despair.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:13 am

You need a very dedicated group to keep an RP going, nearly all of them die pretty soon. They can be much fun before that moment, though!

Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:12 am
Site Administrator

Maybe some sort of sign up where you pitch the general idea, people say they want in, and then if you have enough you start it!

Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:08 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next