Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Empire. 

Vykan's world exploded in pain as the shot connected with his his right shoulder. The bullet dug deeply into his collarbone, shattering it and sending feelers of pain all over his upper body. He collapsed as his body froze up from the shock.

"So that's the way you want it. Fine. Die for all I care."

That's what he might have said, had he not been writhing on the ground in pain. He'd never been shot before; he'd been beaten, cut, he'd even broken a few bones, but this took the cake by far. His confidence was drained now, and he simply came across as pitiful, lying curled up on the ground.

"Gaaah....agghh."

Despite his condition, Vykan could still hear, and in the distance he could hear shouting from the guards in the hallway. They had heard the shots, and were running in their direction. Feebly, he began to crawl forward, not sure where he was going or what he was doing; but it was more or less a survival instinct.

Even if I can hide...I'm going to bleed to death....I...I'm going to die here....

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:31 pm

Location: The Entertainment Capitol of the World--- Mah Brain. :3
Big had a sudden decision to make. His mind flashed back to the conversation he'd had with the boy's father days ago in his private chambers, well away from listening ears. "For all the chaos and disorder I've caused, my time is coming. The guards have informed me of an infiltration of my own home for my actions against the people outside the city," the general was speaking partially to Big and partially to himself. Big offered, "If I may sir, there may still be a way to offer recompensation to the people," trying to put a ray of hope where none dared to shine. The general chuckled, "I'm no better than the kings and tyrants of old, and I'm to pay the price. The problem here is what my death will cause..." he walked to behind his desk to pull out a picture of his son, the one thing that kept him going in his later years. Big offers again, "And what would that be, sir?" "...Anarchy. The world will be thrown into chaos once again if the second strongest city were to fall to the people outside its walls. I've carried a siege mentality for years because of my lack of trust in even my own soldiers. It's why I've called you here, Big." Big was unsure as to why he was summoned, and was glad to get some answers.

"I couldn't live with myself if I wasn't able to at least protect my son. Should anything ever happen to this me, I want to know that my son will be safe. That's why I'm charging you with his guardianship. Should my death be imminent, you must forget about me and flee from the city with my son. Raise him as you would your own if you must, but keep him safe until such a time that he can contest himself as the royalty he's descended from. Teach him to lead in ways I know I couldn't. Warfare is no way to rule, I've learned far too late, but I've no other ways to maintain my power but by force..."

His mind returned to the present when the crow was shot by the boy next to him. He leaped out of the boat to grab the crow to assist him, but the guards saw him with the general's son and assisting the enemy. The two guards were unproperly armed, and he easily shot their guns out of their hands. Let them tell whoever they felt like telling, the infrastructure would soon unravel when the general was found dead, and he couldn't bring the boy back into this without putting his life in danger. He kept his gun trained on the two guards as he quickly removed the bullet and pressed his shirt into the wound to staunch the bleeding. "You will say nothing to your superiors about this, understood? I'm on the general's orders here!" The guards looked at him in shock, "He's gone mad!" They went to pick up their weapons, but his trigger fired off two stun-shots, leaving them paralyzed as he loaded the crow into the boat and said to Arrant, "Press your shirt on his wound or we're all dead. No questions, just do it!" He took the oars and rowed away from the shore before the guards could recover and distanced them into the cave, knowing as the crow said how to avoid detection by the guns.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:31 pm
Profile WWW

*Tay tore off his shirt and pressed it againt his shoulder, trying to take everything in but is confused by everythign and everyone as his ears stooped low along his back. the memories fo his father came across him while he was staring into the bullet wound, and after a few minutes of navigatin the waters he started to wimper, followed by the sobbing as he whined the phrase ''forgive me'' repeatedly, tears falling onto the bloodstained shirt *

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:31 am

Vykan wasn't quite sure how he made it into the boat, and really wasn't able to take stock of his situation until they had got several dozen yards from the dock. He heard the child whimper, and desperately wanted to fall asleep, but realized that he had one task left for him to do. Crawling weakly forward, he tilted his head back so he could see out the front of the boat. It was awkward, and incredibly uncomfortable, and made his job impossibly difficult along side the pain, but he needed too if they wanted to get out.

"Ah...Oh..okay...th-this is what...what you need to do..." He made out through pained breaths.

------------

The journey took about a half hour; normally it would have lasted only about ten minutes, but Vykan's navigational skills were hampered, and the boat really wasn't moving at full speed. Regardless, they were through the danger, and only had free land in front of them.

Lying back down against the floor of the boat, Vykan closed his eyes, and allowed himself the pleasure of passing out.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:34 pm

Big sighs as they continue down the tributary away from the city, knowing they would soon have to abandon the boat to flee further pursuit. However, since their wounded unusual ally was out cold, all he could do was try to spot somewhere where they could touch down on land, hide the boat and he could properly dress the crow's wound. Plus after the travelling and the emotional bout the boy was going through, he figured they would all need the rest.

They touched down near sunset several miles away from the city with just enough light for Big to cover the boat and move the unconcious bird next to where the fire would be set out. They were safely enclosed within a tangle of large trees, so an aerial search party would not be able to spot them from above. He removed the bloodied shirts from the wound to examine it. After cleaning, sewing, and properly swabbing and wrapping it, he sat down, satisfied that the crow would recover, given a little time and not moving his arm. The collarbone had to be repaired by a few nanobots Big had taken time to develop for just such an occasion. Most of the collarbone would be rebuilt by morning, but the pain would still be there due to the accelerated bone growth and the unnatural bondings the nanobots would develop in the crow's system.

With the fire lit and the three of them safe, he sat down next to the fire to assess the boy. He may not have been aware of his standing until now, but he did offer, "I'm sorry I had to do this. If you have questions for me, now will be the time to ask them, and I'll do my best to answer them for you. I was one of your father's most trusted soldiers, so you can trust me if you choose to." He figured he'd give the boy the answers he needed right away, and save the rest for later once the shock wore off.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:05 pm
Profile WWW

w-what is gonna happen now? *Tay looked at his savior with a slightly scared look, worried of what would come up next* am i gonna live like the commoners for the rest of my life?

(short i know but i can't think of anything)

Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:19 pm

Big could tell the boy was still shocked, but he could at least reassure him, "The commoners don't have a bad life, but no, you won't be amongst them forever. Your father's dethroning will soon put the world into chaos. Unfortunately, you and I are unable to do anything about what will happen since people will think of you as most likely dead. We'll live amongst the commoners for now, since we need time to recover for the crow. Rest for now, and we'll just take it one day at a time, okay?" He decided to take out a few rations in order to feed himself and the boy, and said, "I apologize that your dinner is late, but given the circumstances, this is the best I can do." He cooked up a small meal for them and had it ready after a short time cooking. The bowl was small that he handed the boy, but there was enough to feed them both well, and Big wasn't a bad cook either so it smelled nice.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:56 pm
Profile WWW

*he hastily scarfed down the food that was given to him, the first thing he has eaten all day seince waking up. enjoying the taste clearly noted by his tail twitching. a few minutes passes as the sun settles over the horizon and causes the cold to come onto the three* i... i hope you know what you are doing..the winter is coming in soon, and without shelter we could die.. *the young fennec starec towards the rising moon, rubbing his right eye tierdly as all the shock and happenings has taken the energy out of him*

Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:32 pm

Big knew what he was doing, sadly their escape had been slowed by the crow, and this was the best he could do for them at the time. He knew of a village only a day's walk from their current location. Rather than risk the traveling by night and endangering the boy further, he'd travel by day in the open so he could keep an eye on his surroundings at all times. There was a nice inn that they could stay at, and could serve as a place of learning for the boy since there was a city not too far from the town. Once the crow recovered, he knew he could at least trust him with the boy's safety. Logically speaking, the boy's raising would be a task in patience, and the crow might be willing to impart advice to the boy if nothing else. "Rest for now, prince, we'll have better shelter for tomorrow. I'll keep watch," he said as he gave the boy his bedroll, "We'll leave at first light tomorrow."

Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:35 pm
Profile WWW

*he looked upon the other fennec with a confused look in his eyes* why are you calling me prince? i am far from such a title *he unrolled the bedroll close to the campfire then taking off his unifrom shirt* ... i guess i wont be so likeable in this after today.. *he lays it next to the roll and then goes to sleep, giving the fire one last look before falling to sleep*

Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:33 pm

Big sighs, "You may be far from such a title, but somehow I must help to make you exceed the expectations of that title," he said mainly to himself once the other fennec was asleep. He keeps vigil and the night passes without incident, resting only long enough to recover his strength, snapping awake at the slightest sound. Once the sun rose, he quickly put out the fire and hid any traces of their passing. Pursuit would be coming, from both sides no less, before too long. His plan was to get to the town as quickly as possible. Before waking the boy he went to check on the crow. His pulse was normal and his breathing was even. He was sure the crow would probably be in pain, and flying would be out of the question for some time. "Wake up, friend, it's daylight out," he tried to shake the crow's good shoulder to wake him.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:28 pm
Profile WWW

(( did this just die out?))

Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:32 pm

(Sorry, been distracted/lazy. Will get a post up ASAP)

Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:42 pm

At first, it was an outstandingly pleasant experience, like emerging from a cool lake on a hot summer day. As reality flitted back towards him gradually, he felt the pleasant tingle of warmth from the morning sun, as well as the sweet sensation of a well rested body.

And then, of course, came the pain. It was like a large nail was forcibly jammed into his shoulder, the summation of the pain shocking him awake suddenly, causing him to bolt upright.

"GAAAAH!"

His "good" arm shot to the wound, as he remembered the bullet hole and the shattered shoulder. to his surprise, he found not blood and injury but only a scar and a small patch of missing feathers where he'd been hit. After a cursory, albiet painful, experimentation with his previously wounded shoulder, he was pleasantly surprised to find it was in perfect operating condition.

His mind off the injury, he took a moment to take stock. He was on a river bank, it was morning, and the general's son and his protector were there as well. Somehow, this place seemed painfully familiar, but the haze of sleep kept him from recollecting.

"I don't know what you did to me, but whatever it is, its a miracle worker. Thank You." He said gratefully the older fox, a pleasant smile on his face. Unfortunately, moments later the smile was wiped away, the relaxed, appreciative look faded to horror as his recollection of the place took hold. Scrambling to his feet, he backed away in panic, his eyes darting back and forth across the area.

"Why would you bring us here!?! Are you trying to get us killed!" The look of confusion on the foxes face told him all he needed to know, and Vykan felt a tendril of despair wind in with the fear. "Oh, you don't know where we are, do you..."

Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:16 am

*the youngling voke up from the yelling of the wounded one, yawning loudly as he rubbed his eyes while looking at the autumn sun* mmm... worst night yet... *he looked around and saw the highest tower of the palace to the north and to the east the smoke of the slum villages* are we outside the walls?

*as the featherd loudmouth went quiet he turned to the two and smiled to the two* oh. you are awake, where are we exactly?

Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:05 am

yeah this just died.. v.v

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:21 am

(sorry, was waiting on Big. :( )

Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:52 pm

(its fine.)

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:39 pm

(I'm so sorry guys, I haven't been on in a while, I'll post something right now. X-X)

Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:40 pm
Profile WWW

(By right now I suppose I meant six months later. x-x)

Big was rather stumped by the accusation the crow had made. "The only thing I could assume would be that you live in the area, and if the general isn't dead, we'll be walking in to an enemy's talons who would seek to use him or even kill him as an act of further defiance to the king. Rest assured, your assassins completed the job, as my soldiers had no commanding officers to guide them in protecting the king. Their ineptitude is something I am ashamed of since the commander's lack of care for his own life left us with untrained and unskilled guards to do the job of seasoned veterans. With the cold of winter setting in, I'm aware of the situation, and the reality that the anarchy won't be as noticed in a small village as it would be a large city like the one we just left. As the village becomes aware of it, our skills may be employed to protect their lands from the soon to be savage marauders surviving off of pillaging. In a place like that, hopefully our young prince will learn the things he needs to that may propel him back into a proper position of ruling 10 years hence. Have you any objections?" he concluded with the question.

Only a Magic Knight Rayearth fan would get this. XD

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:43 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next