Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Field day! 

*A day out at a field for all to come and enjoy, however we want as our fursonas and whatnot*

Dusk stood near the edge of the wide open field, a toolbox and blanket a few feet behind him. Around his neck was a thick lanyard, clipped onto a radio control with two sticks, various buttons and switches dotted about it, bold letters on the top giving it's designation "DX6i". His neck was tilted upwards as he watched his model supercub fly about, making rectangular circuits, every so often punctuated by a figure of eight circuit or a loop, his tail speeding up it's wag after each successful loop.

"That's a girl, good, just like that..." he mumbled, to nobody really other than the little plane.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:08 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

After a while, Dusk noticed a gecko chasing the model plane around. This made carrying his guitar-sized backpack and his cooler challenging. Ian finally decided to drop his things and run after the plane.

Soon enough, the gecko decided to find who was controlling it. He picked up his cooler, slung his guitar on his back, and spotted Dusk on the other edge of the field, waving to him as he walked up.

"Hiya, Dusk! Nice plane ya got. It's fun to chase; can't wait to see the other folks have a run at it." He giggled and set down his cooler. "Brought some fresh, tropical fruit!"

Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Profile WWW

"Haha, yeah, that should be a laugh! I reckon I could rig it up to drop a tennis ball as well" Dusk grinned, not taking his eyes off the plane.

A beeping noise from the radio told him that the timer was up, "Right, this battery'll be low, I'm gonna bring her down." Dusk told Ian before shouting out and declaring, "Landing!!!"
With the throttle cut to just below half, Dusk turned the plane into the wind, bringing it down to the short grass, cutting the throttle completely as it was feet away from the ground, flaring the nose up to bleed off speed. The chunky foam wheels touched down smoothly as it rolled to a gentle stop, upon which it nosed down, sticking it's tail in the air.

Dusk sighed, "She always seems to do that, no idea why, but she'll always nose down on landing, silly thing. I'll just go get her Ian." With that Dusk jogged off to pick up his plane. As he walked back he opened up a plastic hatch on it's belly and pulled the battery pack out, disconnecting it.

After setting the plane next to his chair he grinned at the gecko "It's only got a one meter wingspan, but that's why I love it, so easy to transport. That, and it only being a three channel it's pretty easy to fly."
Opening his large toolbox he pulled out a large picnic blanket and unfurled it in front of his chair and Super Cub. "Sorry about the stains on this, it's mostly just old glue, glow fuel and whatnot, I like to sit and tinker. Say, I wonder if she could drop fruit too..."

Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:38 pm
Profile WWW

(Is this still going on?)

Harriet Hedgehog was kicking a soccer ball to herself. Even though she was alone, she was having fun, and going "WHOO-HOO!" occasionally.

At one point, however, she kicked the ball a little too far, and it got away from her. As the ball went down a dip, Harriet tripped, and she instinctively curled into a ball herself, rolling along with the soccer ball as they made their way towards Dusk and Ian.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:43 am
Site Administrator

"Oh, it's fine," the gecko smiled as he examined Dusk's plane. "We could try to drop some fruit!"

Out of the corner of his eye, Ian saw two spheres rolling towards him: one two-tone and one fuzzy and brown. He picked up the soccer ball and leapt out of the way of the spinning hedgehog. "Slow down there, little one!"

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:40 am
Profile WWW

Harriet stopped rolling and felt dizzy, in a daze.

"Did somebody get the license number on that hill?" she slurred.

She shook her head and came to. "What just happened?"

Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:19 am

Looking up, having just put a fresh battery into the Cub's belly Dusk saw Harriet roll to a stop, "That was quite the roll there Harriet, you feeling okay?"
As the plane chirped into life again Dusk waggled one of the sticks, causing the plane to wag it's tail at Harriet.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:57 pm
Profile WWW

"You kidding?" said Harriet. "That was one of my better roles. Even Ophelia wasn't as good as that."

She chortled a little at her own joke and stood up. "Seriously, though, I'm a hedgehog. We were built for rolling. But thanks for your concern--I'll let you know if something happens that really sides up my inmesses. Er--messes up my insides."

She chortled again. She had said that on purpose.

When she saw the plane wagging its tail, she wagged a finger back at it.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:40 pm

Dusk chuckled with Harriet, "Say, I've got a cool box in my van full of food, shall we have a picnic before I go for another flight?" He asked the pair in front of him

Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:05 am
Profile WWW

"Ooh, whatcha got?" said Harriet. There was almost nothing she wouldn't eat, and almost no time in which she wouldn't eat.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:22 am

Dusk Jogged over to the white van, sliding open one of the side doors, bringing out two cool boxes, "Got a box full of fruit and whatnot, and in the other I've got meat and fish. Then back in the van I've got stuff for making tea and coffee." He smiled, tail wagging happily behind him.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:52 am
Profile WWW

"Mmmmmm...." said Harriet, licking her lips. "Got a few servings of each to spare for a hungry hedgehog? Also, what's 'whatnot'? I don't know what it is, but I'll eat it."

Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:53 am

"Hey, is there food?"

Tom peeked around the corner of the van, eyes hungrily watching Dusk as he carried the foodstuffs with him.

"I think I brought a grill, if anyone wants some warm food."

In the distance behind Tom, a small cluster of of kites, kept aloft by the winds and tethered to the ground, illustrated what he had been up to prior to hearing the commotion. His attention shifted when he noticed the soccer ball Ian was carrying, eyes growing even wider.

"Ooh, we should get a game going!" he exclaimed jovially.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:49 am

"Hey, sounds great!" said Harriet. "So who wants to eat first, who wants to play first?"

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:59 am

"Well, I could get the food cooking while you lot play, truth be told my football skills are bordering on non-existent." I suggest, remembering the last time I had tried to play football, and the awkward explanation as to how I had managed to ricochet the ball off the goal posts and knock the keeper unconscious for a good minute or too.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:57 am
Profile WWW

"Sounds good to me!" said Harriet. "But don't worry about your soccer skills. I don't play professionally on a team, I just amuse myself with it. And what I do know I could teach you."

Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:40 pm

"Ha! Bring it on!"

With glee and a burst of speed, Tom crossed the distance between himself and Ian in a dash, nimbly kicking the football from Ian's hands, giggling as he did. He began to adroitly juggle the ball, bouncing it off his feet and knees. A few seconds into his routine, an improperly placed knee sent the ball sprawling to the side, with Tom in pursuit, mumbling something under his breath about how "he can always do it when no one is watching."

The ball now firmly gripped in his talons, he hobbled back over to the group. "So, is anyone else gonna show up?"

Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:42 pm

"Hey, it's my ball, I'm gonna show up!" said Harriet, posing like a goalie.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:43 pm

Dusk chuckled at the group as he set up Tom's grill, "Well, I suppose I could have a go. As long as people excuse my lack of co-ordination... and can duck really well!"

Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:23 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]