This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Fursona-you 

Right, this was gonna be a discussion topic, I'd been thinking about it, but it seems better suited to a roleplay. So, for the purposes of this rp, I'm gonna say we're all in a hotel, just attended a con together. We all wake up, and for some mysterious reason, we have become our fursonas.

I stretch and yawn, just waking up. Then the sensation hits me, smells and sounds I couldn't pick out before, clear as day. Still half awake I wonder why my eyesight seems so clear, picking up my phone I notice my furry hand. "Huh, I thought I took that off" I mumble to my half awake self, tugging at it, yelping when it just tugs at my skin. Looking down at the bed, I notice another shape under the covers, the concept slowly dawning on me as I wake up. Testing it, the shape moves, as if I were closing a finger, or moving my arm. I get up and stumble forwards, my balance now drastically altered. Cautiously making my way to the room across the hall I knock on the door, still in my old pajamas. "Hey...umm, it's me, Lawrence... well, Dusk... umm"

Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:39 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

I stir upon hearing Dusk's knock. "Coming!" There's a speck of sleep-dust in my eye, but instead of blinking my eye my instinct is now to lick it. I run my tongue along both of my eyeballs slowly, then stop to think about what I just did.

I look down at my arms to find them covered in scales, with my palms and fingers covered in setae! Eager to test them, I climb up onto the wall, then scurry onto the ceiling.

"They work! YES! I'm a real gecko!" I crawl around the ceiling some more, getting carried away while Dusk keeps knocking.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:45 am
Profile WWW

Whilst I wait outside the room I give everything a test, stretching my limbs, twitching my ears, giving my tail a wag and feeling how sharp my teeth are, rubbing them with my fingers.

My initial worry being overtaken by excitement. "Ian!... Ian, you too!?"
I notice for the first time, the sensation of my tail wagging of its own accord

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:57 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

"Yeah, isn't it great?" I bump noses with Dusk while hanging by my feet, giggling like a little kid.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:59 am
Profile WWW

I chuckle, which comes out with a bit of a growl, still getting used to my new body, "It sure is. Though, I think my parents will now know I'm a furry"
A thought suddenly dawns on me, displayed by my ears springing up, "What if it's not just us two!"

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:03 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

"Let's find out!" I walk along the ceiling to get a peek at my roommates, and sure enough, they've all transformed too!

"Guys, guys! Wake up! You gotta see this!" I poke one of them in his newly furry ear, and that roommate is...

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:25 am
Profile WWW

(Oh, I'm going to have fun with this. Also, sorry, I have no furry ear, so I'm going to be in a different room :P)

Last night had been an adventure. It was the first con I had ever been too, and there were friends to be made for the first time. I retired that evening, exhausted and ready for a good night's sleep. My roommate was already asleep when I arrived and I followed suit. I couldn't help but wonder as I drifted off what excitement would happen tomorrow.

Of course, I had no idea just what events I would be participating, and how much my life would change overnight.

I woke up the next morning as I usually did, drifting comfortably out of sleep to find the room partially lit by the morning light that seeped through the blinds. Never one to get up at first rising, I instead rolled over, hoping to find a more comfortable position and drift back to sleep for some time. To my surprise, my roll was terminated part way, as I felt something hard come in contact with my pillow. It was attached to my face, whatever it was, and I felt pressure as my body pushed on it. Surprised, I opened my eyes to find a long, blackish object protruding from where my mouth would be. It didn't take long to realize it was attached to my face, as it seemed to open and close as my mouth did.

Oh, its a beak. How cute. I thought. My assumption was someone had entered my room and attached to to my face somehow while I slept. Not sure whether to be flattered by the effort or annoyed by the violation of privacy, I reached up with my hand to feel how well attached it was. I was just as shocked to find not a hand but an appendage of black feathers instead. Initially, I assumed this to be all part of the prank; a remarkably thorough one at that. But something about it wasn't right. There wasn't the feeling of my self beneath a costumed exterior. My whole body felt abnormal, and I began to grow worried. Carefully, I peeled back the covers to examine the rest of my body, I task that proved unusually difficult with my new "hands." What I found beneath was so utterly alien to me I couldn't help but freak out. While my torso and hips retained some semblance of humanity, save for the coat of black feathers, my legs - long, scaled things terminating in four pronged feet - were so shocking it sent me into a panic. Bursting from my bed, I found myself huddled in the corner, breathing heavily as I tried to get my head around what was going on.

"Wha- What happened to me!"

That's what I wanted to say, but what came out was completely different. Devoid of lips and bearing a highly advanced set of vocal cords, the likes of which I had never used, my shocked musings only produced a series of "caws" that proved every bit as alarming as my physical changes.

Fortunately for me, rationality won out in the end, and I managed to calm myself down, instead focusing on what had become of my body. It was at this point I noticed just how much clearer the room seemed, and how much sharper the sound of the air conditioner was proving to be. For the first time this morning, I was pleasantly surprised; it seems my senses of sight and hearing had upgraded with whatever other physical changes occurred. The rest of my self-evaluation proved what I had come to expect; I had been changed, by some unknown force beyond my comprehension, into a form I had only imagined in my head. I was now some sort of giant, part-human bird.

"Giant" wasn't really a proper term though. I appeared to be much shorter now, my 5'11" frame now reduced to around four feet. Gingerly, I attempted to pick myself up, unsure how my new double-jointed legs would work. To my surprise, operation of my new forms of locomotion seemed to come standard in my new body, and I graced to my feet with surprising agility. It was then I came to realize just how light my body was. This, combined with strangely strong leg muscles, and I found myself bouncing on my toes from even the lightest push. For about a minute, I reveled in my new found dexterity, hopping around the room gleefully. At the end of my romp, I even tried out my wings, and to my glee they succeeded in lifting me off the ground with little effort. Physically, I new this should be impossible seeing as they were much too small, but whatever forces aligned to grant me this form deemed it fit that I should gain the capacity for aviation, whether it worked with physics or not.

I now realized just how thirsty I seemed to be. Making my way to the bathroom, I stopped, as what seemed an insurmountable challenge was before me. The bathroom door was closed, and to open it I would have to work the doorknob. I had concluded that my wing contained the workings of a hand, with my alula functioning as my thumb. However I could tell it lacked most of the gripping strength of a human hand, and I doubted I would be able to get the door to work.

Blast, why did I have to get the version of my fursona without working hands...

Regardless, thirst called to me and I reached out experimentally for the door knob. It took a few tries; feathers proved horrible for any sort of grip, but eventually I managed to get the door open. Turning the light on I stopped, seeing myself for the first time in the mirror. It was truly surreal to see an image I had only imagined in my head come to life before me, not static but truly and fully real. I was pleased to note I hadn't made the transformation in the nude, and the pair of boxer shorts I went to sleep in not only remained comfortably in place, but had adapted to permit my long tail feathers to emerge comfortably. I stared for a few minutes, before remembering my purpose. Filling a cup with water, I vainly attempted to drink it only to watch in frustration as it slipped out the side of my beak.

You know, you never really appreciate lips until you don't have them...

Eventually, I learned a sort of pouring technique that, while awkward, got the job done. My thirst quenched, I devoted myself to the next task; learning to talk. This proved much easier than I expected, and after a few minutes of practice, I found myself speaking fluently. It was a little unusual to watch, as I had no lips to move, but communication was no longer a problem. Exiting the bathroom, I instead opted to close the door with my feet, becoming elated to realize how adroit my toes proved to be.

Only then did I stop to ponder the grander significance of what had happened to me. Was I alone? I doubted that. Was it everyone in the world, or just a few people? If it was everyone, how would society adapt? Would it go on as it had, or would it collapse? And if it was just a few people, how would they be treated? No event in history was as significant as this. I had to assume at the very least there were others in this hotel who had been changed. Would they remain the same? How much of their animal instincts would remain? If I stepped out the door and came face to face with a tiger, would it try to eat me?

Reservations aside, curiosity overwhelmed me, something I probably inherited in my new state, and I approached the door. I could hear voices outside, voices I almost recognized, and quickly I opened the door and peered outside. True to form, the outside world was proving as strange as my room, as across the hall into another open door I found a lizard creature clinging to the walls, fondling the ears of someone I couldn't identify in bed. Objectively, I knew it had to be Ian, but seeing what had only been imagination come to life in front of me was just as shocking as experiencing myself in the mirror for the first time. It takes me a few moments, but I notice a wolf in the hallway as well, peering inward. Hoping its who I think it is, I call out in surprise.

"Ian? Dusk? What's going on!?! What happened to us?"

Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:33 pm

I turn to see Tom, shorter than I had last seen him. I lean against the wall, my pants being the same as before, my tail pushing them down a little. So this is how "gangstas" wear their pants I think to myself, making a mental note to cut a tail-hole in asap.
"Tom! You too?" I grin, tail wagging against the wall. Noticing water down his front I realise what he must have tried, "I see cups don't work for you then. sigh And I'd been given some really nice ones for my birthday too, looks like it's bowls for me from now on. As for the situation, I think it's just us lot. Hang on a sec."

With that I made my way to the end of our corridor, breaking into a slight jog, testing my wolfy form. Reaching the end, I look out of the window at the city below. Fursuiters wandered around, but we remained the only true-furs. The smells of the city amazed me, I could pick out and locate at least five different burger vans, and tell you which ones were the best quality! My tail speeding up and slowing down depending on which one I look at. Jogging back to Tom, my eyes bright with excitement I relay the news. "Tom, it is, it's just us!" I shout, tail batting against the walls as it wags.
My tail stops as my thoughts move on. "Say, I wonder who was in my room, I forget who's who."
Looking into my room, I see that the other occupant is still under the covers, sleeping soundly. I go in and open the blinds, hoping to wake them gently.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:10 pm
Profile WWW

(This'll be interesting...)
As the sunlight entered the room I moaned not at the thought that I had probably spent half the day asleep but at the thought that my beauty sleep was unfortunately coming to it's end.

I raised the covers to check the time: 12:21. "Oh that's not so bad!" I then rose to greet....a wolf?! Startled as I was, I fell off the bed.

As I got up, I noticed something else, I now had paws and was covered in fur. "This has got to be another one of my bizarre dreams...."
Upon further inspection of my new furry self, I found that I had a tail and that my fur was also the same color as my fursona.

"Am....am I my fursona!?" My tail began to wag with excitement. "How did this happen?! Who else did this happen too?!" And then it occurred to me.
"Oh no..."
I rushed into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I had indeed become my fursona, which meant that I was now a female wolf!
I howled and then fainted. It was too much for me to handle at the moment...
(yeah my fursona is a girl even though I'm a guy. I'll explain why some other time perhaps)

Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:16 pm
Site Administrator

I look up at the sound of the raven-man' squawking. "Yeah, it is....uh..." Then I realize who's talking to me. "Tom! Wow, you too?!? It seems we've all turned into our fursonas!"

Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:36 pm
Profile WWW

Hearing a thud I run in to help, seeing the other wolf spark out on the floor I grab a cup of water and empty it over Strider's head, shaking his/her shoulder, "C'mon man, wake up."

I call out to Tom and Ian, "Uhh, guys! I've got Strider over here"

Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:37 pm
Profile WWW

"Hai guys. I woke up like, 2 hours ago. I had fun scaring some humans. I guess we don't need suits anymore."

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:19 pm
Profile WWW

Leaving Strider to wake up I poke my head into the corridor, hearing a familiar voice. "Lupus!"

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:23 am
Profile WWW

"Hai Dusk. I figured out who was who by their profile pictures. Plus, you smell like him, soooo...yeah, here I am." (Dances around)

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:56 am
Profile WWW

I grin at the fellow wolf, tail wagging, "Hey looking good Lupus, how's it feel?" I ask, holding my arms out for a brotherly hug

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:04 am
Profile WWW

"Kinda like my phantom limbs but physical."

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:25 am
Profile WWW

I nod to Lupus, looking round into Ian's room, where someone is still managing to sleep despite having a gecko finger in their ear. The sight makes me chuckle, my tail giving a wag too

Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:46 pm
Profile WWW

Getting out of bed was always the most difficult part of the day. But today, for some reason, it was extra difficult. Something in me felt more prone to sleep than usual.
I figured it was just one of those days, and yawned loudly as I slouched up and off of the bed. This bed seems bigger, somehow, I thought. I also noticed that the shirt and boxer shorts I was wearing now felt larger. Looking around, everything seemed about a foot higher than it used to be. This is weird...I'm six feet tall, 160 pounds...now I feel like I've lost about twenty pounds and a foot off my height! Once again, I figured it was "one of those days", went into the bathroom, and undressed to take a shower. That's when everything got just plain crazy.

I let out a little meowish-yelp noise when I saw the thick coating of deep indigo fur on my entire body. Looking in the mirror, I could see my feline muzzle, and had to brush some of the darker colored headfur out of my deep blue eyes. My tail was swinging back and forth and knocking things over; I was having trouble controlling it. As I got frightened, I could feel the unnerving sensation of my claws extending. I felt all over my new body with my little blue pawpads - felt my blue nose, the blue insides of my large cat ears. And overall, I noticed I was now only five feet tall and had lost a proportionate amount of weight. I had the same figure, basically, only smaller. The fur even covered my body so well that it hid the more private parts. But one of the most interesting features was the light, almost pale blue cross that adorned my right pectoral, almost directly over my heart. I pushed the fur around, but the color looked like it grew that way naturally.

But there was only one thought on my mind: This hotel is filled with furries...if they see a real one...I need to get out of here, and fast! Without taking the time to grab anything more than my car keys, I darted out into the hallway, only to find that I wasn't the only one, apparently...
"Oh...I er...my clothes don't fit...so I, uh...well, I'll go...put something on..."
Even though my face was covered in fur, I felt like they could all see my blushing.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:06 pm

A new arrival in the hallway catches my attention. Turning to see who it is I'm greeted with the sight of a purple feline, whom I don't quite recognize. Figuring he'd be one of our group I greet him anyway, "Hey, I'm Dusk, not sure if we've met. Pretty weird morning at the moment though"

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:17 pm
Profile WWW

"Oh yeah...I'm Mi-...well, I guess I'm Koshka now, eheheh."
I looked down at my furry body. Even though I wasn't wearing anything, I didn't feel naked. It just felt normal.
"Well, er, sorry for busting out in the hallway with no clothes on! Heheh! But y'know...I guess I have natural clothes now!"
I decided to put my car keys back in the hotel room and check the scene out a bit more.
Suddenly running back into the hallway, I said loudly, "Hey, I wanna try something! Will somebody, er, pet me, or rub my belly, or something?"

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:56 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 196 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next