Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
Furry Café 

Gypsi-Rae wrote:
A spotted lioness ambles into the cafe, shouldering the door open with a weary look on her face. She makes a beeline for the fire immediately, but discovers another large feral lion taking up all the warm space in front of it.

"Hey, make some room for me won'tcha?"

Salem opens his eyes, looking at the upside-down lioness in the upside-down cafe. "Oh hey, Gyp. You're finally here," and scoots over.
With a grin, he calls over to the arctic fox waiting tables, "Hey Coldfox! Can I have a shake?"

Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Administrator

Sleet walks over to Salem with a notepad and smiles at him. "What flavor would you like?"

Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:39 pm
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

Gypsi plops heavily down in front of the fire and sighs. It was a long day at work.

"a bowl of water too please, " she mumbles at the arctic foxman. "and some marrow bones if you have any."

Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:42 pm
Profile WWW

Sleet wrote:
Sleet walks over to Salem with a notepad and smiles at him. "What flavor would you like?"

Salem smiles back at the fox. "Just mix some ground bison in with the shake base, please!"

Gypsi-Rae wrote:
"a bowl of water too please, " she mumbles at the arctic foxman. "and some marrow bones if you have any."

Salem turns to Gyp. "Just marrow bones? I can cover a steak, if you want."

Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:52 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Administrator

Alright then! *writes it on his notepad and goes into the back*

Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:57 pm
Profile WWW

After a few disastrous minutes which involved holding a knife between his teeth and a potato between his hooves, Fackel had given up on conventional cooking techniques and instead resorted to attaching various utensils to his ankles with a powerful combination of string and tape. After a few practice swings, the intrepid Johnny-Depp-Circa-1990 lookalike resumed the task of making french fries with a new passion.

In three minutes, he had made carrot julienne out of the potato and stabbed himself in the temple trying to scratch his head.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:02 pm
Site Administrator

ChewyChewy wrote:
"Ah, I see," said Harriet, taking some more notes.

Her ears perked up when asked about her notes, and she held it close to her chest.

"Oh--it's just...nothing. Diary entries, is all."

"That's cool!" Ian nodded, noticing the fox make his way to the kitchen.

"Hey, Sleet, if you're not busy can I get a pineapple sorbet?"

Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:18 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Sleet turns around and smiles at Ian, his ears perking up, before scribbling on his pad. "Sure!"

He rips out the orders and gives them to the kitchen and shouts back there, "Careful with those knives, Fackel, serving sapient venison is frowned upon in most societies!"

Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:50 pm
Profile WWW

Geoffrey walked into the cafe, carrying a heavy-looking backpack with a few pens sticking out. He waved to the folks who were there before taking an empty table and spreading out some studying supplies.

"Hello folks", he said as he set down a few bibles and a German dictionary. "What are you all up to?"

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:08 pm

"Hey there," said Harriet, noticing what he had. "Hey, interesting reading material you have there," she added sincerely. "Care to share something from some of it?"

Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:37 pm
Lady Sloth

Salem wrote:

"thanks man, but I already had a big meal today... just wanted some dessert. Marrow is like my favourite thing ever ^________^ "

Gypsi rolls over onto her back and wiggles up and down the floor, trying to scratch an itchy spot between her shoulder blades and no doubt looking the fool with her feet pumping in the air.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:04 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Sleet comes out with a series of trays and sets several plates in front of Liscowic, then goes over to give Salem his shake, and Gyp two bowls, one of water and one of bones. Then walking over to the gecko, he hands him his delicious tropical sorbet.

Can I get any of you fine critters anything else?

Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:12 am
Profile WWW

Gypsi-Rae wrote:
Salem wrote:

"thanks man, but I already had a big meal today... just wanted some dessert. Marrow is like my favourite thing ever ^________^ "

Gypsi rolls over onto her back and wiggles up and down the floor, trying to scratch an itchy spot between her shoulder blades and no doubt looking the fool with her feet pumping in the air.

Harriet saw this, and while she managed to stifle a giggle, she felt pity for the lioness, who no doubt was trying to scratch an itch she couldn't reach.

Mustering up her courage, she approached the lioness and said, "Do you need help, ma'am?"

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:01 pm

*started eating his small meal*
Thats absoluttly great!- he said to Sleet after takeing huge gulp of mead- My congrats for cooker :)

He took huge portion of pork in his bare hands and started eating it like there is no tomorrow.

"I can scrach your itchy place lady" hestarted scraching politelly after washing his hands in cold water. :)

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:11 pm

Seeing the problem taken care of--and somewhat relieved at not having to do it herself--Harriet went back to her seat to finish her ginger ale, and to write some more notes.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:12 pm
Lady Sloth

Gypsi flips back right-side-up and shakes her head, slightly dizzy. A wolf has come over and starts scratching between her shoulderblades. It feels good. "thanks man," she says. Then sees the little hedgehog girl retreating rapidly from her, clutching a book to her chest.

"hey kiddo, whatcha got there?"

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:19 pm
Profile WWW

"Er--nothing much, really, ma'am. Just diary entries, nothing of any real interest."

Harriet looked embarrassed, holding her pad against her chest.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:22 pm
Lady Sloth

"ma'am?" Gypsi had never been called ma'am before. Ferals didn't usually garner that much respect. "you're a real polite kid, y'know that?" gypsi then noses into her bowl for a bone, picking it up and snapping it with a great crack to get at the marrow inside. she holds in in-between her paws to lick it with her sandpapery tongue.

"y'want some?"

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:30 pm
Profile WWW

"Heh...thank you," said Harriet, scratching her head. "Just the way I was brought up, is all. I like meeting new people, and I like making friends with them," she added, starting to feel more comfortable. "And I'm new here--my parents just moved in recently."

To the offer, she said, "Er...thanks for the offer, I'm sure, but you can have it. I'm not that hungry. Besides, my favorite things to eat would probably not be served here anyway," she added with just a faint hint of a prankster look in her eye.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:33 pm
Site Administrator

Sleet wrote:
Sleet comes out with a series of trays and sets several plates in front of Liscowic, then goes over to give Salem his shake, and Gyp two bowls, one of water and one of bones. Then walking over to the gecko, he hands him his delicious tropical sorbet.

Can I get any of you fine critters anything else?

"I'm fine over here!" Ian smiles. "Thanks, though. I gotta be careful with these frozen desserts; if I eat them too quickly I'll have to go warm up in front of the fire!" He giggles a bit and starts taking in spoonfuls of his yummy treats. "I wonder how Fackel manages to scoop this stuff with those hooves! Poor guy." :P

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:51 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next