Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
Furry Café 

Fortunately for Fackel, one of the many utensils he'd decided to strap onto his hoof was a cookie-dough scoop, which provided small but respectable lumps of dessert. He now decides that, rather than possibly dripping blood into anything else that he makes, it would be best to cover the wound on his head. After checking several cabinets, he locates a roll of plastic wrap and decides that it should work as a sort of surrogate bandage, as he's already behind on his work and doesn't have time to look for any real bandages.

Carefully positioning his utensils, he unrolls a large swath of the wrap and applies it to his wound, bending it around his ear so that it will stay on. Unfortunately, he does all this work only to have the plastic bunch up and stick to the barbecuing fork on his right hoof. Fackel becomes frustrated and tries to slap the plastic wrap back on to his head, but it appears to be inextricably hooked on his hoof and becomes further tangled up in two Ginsu knives, a cleaver, and an eggbeater. Now truly panicked about his lack of productivity over the past few minutes, he whips out another large piece of plastic wrap and covers the wound again. This time, Fackel is more successful in that the wrap stays on-- but his right hoof now appears to be completely wrapped to his head in a piece of blood-covered plastic, and his right ear is pressed down so hard that he can't hear on that side anymore.

Fackel decides that, if he hunkers down low while he works the grill, maybe nobody will notice.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:14 pm

"Evening fackel!"

Tom slipped in through the backdoor of the kitchen, buttoning his uniform as he moved and humming a merry tune. He took one look at the deer and paused, staring dumbstruck and motioning to his head with one wing.

"Hey you've got a thing on your...There's some blood...Is that plastic wrap? You know what? Nevermind. You seem to have things in control. I'll be back to help in a bit, gotta go do my thing."

Approaching a locker, he opened one and removed a small instrument case. Heading out in the dining area, once again humming his tune, he waved cheerfully at Sleet, though the fox was preoccupied with taking orders so Tom wasn't sure if he noticed. Walking over to the fire place, he stepped gingerly over a lion enjoying the heat and settled down on a stool in front of a mic stand. From the instrument case he produced a well-worn and much loved violin and bow. After a quick tuning, the raven descended into a lively Irish jig that carried over the din thanks to a few well placed speakers throughout the cafe.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:22 pm

Harriet started tapping her foot and clapping to the music. She liked Irish jigs, although she wasn't comfortable with dancing in front of so many creatures she didn't know. She wrote another note but it was hard to stop moving to the music enough to write clearly.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:32 pm

Marion, who'd ben dozing up in the rafters of the caf, woke to the sound of the violin. Looking down from his perch, he noticed another bird playing the instrument. Marion flew down for a closer look. "How are you even doing that?" he asked.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:24 pm

Sleet wrote:
Sleet comes out with a series of trays and [...] goes over to give Salem his shake...

"Thanks, Cold." He plows his muzzle into his satchel by the fire and pulls out a small coin bag with his teeth. He flings it neatly onto Sleet's shoulder, where it stays briefly, before sliding down onto one of the trays. "There's enough in there for the shake, and the rest is for you," he says with a grin.

He laps the bison shake from the bowl eagerly, before looking up toward Gyp. "Good marrow?"

Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Administrator

TomIsAwesome wrote:
Approaching a locker, he opened one and removed a small instrument case. Heading out in the dining area, once again humming his tune, he waved cheerfully at Sleet, though the fox was preoccupied with taking orders so Tom wasn't sure if he noticed. Walking over to the fire place, he stepped gingerly over a lion enjoying the heat and settled down on a stool in front of a mic stand. From the instrument case he produced a well-worn and much loved violin and bow. After a quick tuning, the raven descended into a lively Irish jig that carried over the din thanks to a few well placed speakers throughout the cafe.

Ian perked up at the sound of the jig. Being of (displaced) Scottish background, he couldn't resist dancing. Dressed in his trademark tartan pants, the gecko hopped over to an empty space in the center of the dining room that served as an unofficial dance floor and started dancing. Little guy had some fierce moves!

"Tom, you just made my day!" Ian chirped happily over the sound of the raven's violin.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:52 pm
Profile WWW

Tom smiled when Marion approached, visibly delighted to share his art with another avian. He kept playing as he talked, careful to not let his voice get picked up by the mic.

"It takes a much gentler touch than for our non-feathered friends, but its not quite as hard as it looks. In fact, with a little practice, we can produce a smoother, more mellow tone by using our feathers over the strings."

His attention was rapidly diverted when Ian took to the floor, his own excitement growing with the crowds.

"HA! That gecko can dance! Alright, lets see what you can do!"

Without him knowing, Tom had stood up, his claws tapping excitedly to the beat. The song picked up in tempo, encouraged on by the clapping of the furs that now surrounded Ian, watching him with great interest.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:45 pm
Site Administrator

Ian was completely unaware of the small crowd around him. He was lost in the music, as he tended to get when he danced (but when he was the one playing, he was totally in the zone).

Just before the song stopped, Ian accidentally tail-whipped Chase in the face. Noticing this, the gecko stopped and turned to face his lizardbro.

"Omigoshomigoshomigosh! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hit ya, Chase!"

Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:08 am
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

Salem wrote:

He laps the bison shake from the bowl eagerly, before looking up toward Gyp. "Good marrow?"

"mmmrrflffm" Gypsi answers in assent, breaking another one with a resounding crack. Then a raven steps over her and takes out a violin, filling the cafe with a sprightly Irish tune.

Watching the lizardman dance is fun times.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:25 am
Profile WWW

after small meal he ...set his little paint jars and started painting his figures XD

(i painted wonderfull figure today :) )

Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:13 pm

A young wolf steps into the café, attracted by the lively sound of the music. He's dressed in a pair of plain black shorts modified with a tail hole, with a decent sized rucksack on his back, having been out walking for the day. Looking round, he takes a seat at an empty table, placing his bag at his feet underneath the table, not wanting to cause a trip hazard.

Sun May 13, 2012 1:42 pm
Profile WWW

A nine-foot tall Triceratops ambles in, being careful to duck his head lest his horns and frill do damage to the transom, before finding a table he can sit down at; this he accomplishes by first shifting the chairs out of the way and then removing a small stool from the pack slung over his back and settling down, his long tail resting against the wall so nobody has to worry about tripping over it. He rubs his paws on his overalls and notes that various customers arranged about the cafe.

Dominus tecum

Sun May 13, 2012 3:48 pm

The wolf looks around and smiles at the triceratops, giving him a friendly nod

Sun May 13, 2012 5:07 pm
Profile WWW

"Hey, mister!" said Harriet, smiling as she moved her notes and pencil away. "You new here, too?"

Sun May 13, 2012 7:39 pm

The triceratops cracks his beak in a grin and then waves to the wolf and then to the hedgehog. "It seems I am new to this cafe at least. I heard that it was a good place to stop, rest, catch a good meal, and meet interesting folk while on your journey. So far I've managed to stop, am starting to rest, am now meeting some interesting folk, and I'm still waiting on that good meal, but I'm sure the waiters are around somewhere!"

"What of yourselves?" He gestured to both wolf and hedgehog, his deep voice rumbling within his chest as he speaks. "What brings you to this cafe?"

Dominus tecum

Sun May 13, 2012 8:23 pm

"Well, my family and I just moved in," said Harriet. "I'm trying to see what some of the sights around here are."

She was a little intimidated by his deep voice, but managed to prevent it from showing on her face.

Sun May 13, 2012 8:49 pm

"I heard the music so I thought I'd come check it out, I'm pretty new here myself. Been out walking all day." the wolf replied.
"My name's Dusk by the way, how about you two?" he asked the hedgehog and triceratops, in no particular order, feeling more and more comfortable in the cafe.

Mon May 14, 2012 2:58 am
Profile WWW

The Triceratops nods to both of them as he relaxes. "I am Matthias, and I am making this my port of call for the next little while; not sure how long I'll stay, but as long as the winds are favorable, it seems a good place to be. It is a pleasure to meet you, Dusk. What duties do you have that you would be walking all day? Are you a soldier of some sort?" And then he glanced to Harriet and nodded. "And what does your family do that would bring them away form home to a new place like this?"

Dominus tecum

Mon May 14, 2012 3:59 am

The wolf chuckles to himself, "no I'm not a soldier. Just a college student with a lot of free time. College as in the English sense, not the American that is."

"Being new here I thought I'd scout the place out, see if there are any decent fields." he adds with a twinkle in his eye

Mon May 14, 2012 4:28 am
Profile WWW

*A Purple Fox with Black Tipped ears, stopped his music and took off his over the ear headphones when he heard the wonderful music over the one playing on his Ipod. He fixed his Owl City Blue Shirt and Jean shorts, walking into the Cafe and looking around curiously as he entered. A smile spread across his face as he entered; the music becoming much clearer and louder. He blinked at how many people were in here* "Quite packed," he chuckled to himself as he placed the sony headphones around his neck.

Mon May 14, 2012 7:33 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next