Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Ren Furry 

Harriet Hedgehog and her father, Mr. Hedgehog, were at the Renaissance Faire. Mr. Hedgehog was dressed as a king, sporting a royal robe and matching fur cape, leather belt and gold buckle, knee breeches, and brown boots, and a crown on his head that prompted him to walk slowly and keep his balance, which added to the persona of a king. He was holding Harriet's hand as they went: Harriet was dressed as a princess, sporting a purple royal gown with long sleeves and skirt, lace at the collar, cuffs, and hem of the skirt; purple shoes; a necklace and matching earrings; and a purple hennin hat complete with veil.

"Wow, everything looks like fun, Dad!" said Harriet, a look of excitement in her eyes.

Mr. Hedgehog smiled. "What do you want to do first?"

Harriet gave him an amused look. "What do you think?"

Mr. Hedgehog chuckled. "Just don't stuff yourself."

"I won't--I just want to try one of those HUGE turkey legs these places are so famous for! So, think I'll be all right on my own a few?"

"All right, but meet me back here in twenty, okay?" said Mr. Hedgehog.

"Okay," said Harriet, saluting.

Mr. Hedgehog smiled and left. Harriet went to the place where they sold the turkey legs, and bought one, proceeding to eat it.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:54 pm

(So, as I am contractually obliged to involve myself in any and every Rp on this site so...here I am!)

"Come one come all! Serfs of all ages! View the spectacle of a lifetime!" Tom cried to the gathered furs beneath. He was dressed in a large frilly coat, hilariously anachronistic except for this one day. He was perched atop the crossbeams that formed a stage before the crowd, some twenty feet in the air. He was in his element, and was loving every moment. Each year, Tom would volunteer for the faire, though Volunteer wasn't quite the right word; he had way to much fun.

kneeling down, he swept one palms wide hand over the crowd as he continued, "We have before you today, an assemblage of wonders the likes of which you have never witnessed. Skilled thespians and performers alike, here to amaze you with their displays of prestidigitation and athleticism!"

The crowd now fully entranced, Tom leapt from his post, sliding down the nearest supporting pole with dexterity that made it look natural; truth be told, he'd been practicing the maneuver for weeks, and had tried very hard to make it look casual. Regardless, it had worked perfectly, and the crowd gasped. From behind the stage, a pair of jugglers emerged; brother and sister leopards, who immediately began tossing a series of pins in the air between them. The crowd now paying attention to the act, Tom slipped aside, quite pleased with himself. Spotting a familiar face through the crowd, the raven slipped carefully through, making his way to the young hedgehog stuffing her face with a turkey leg.

'Why my dearest princess!" Began Tom in an overblown manner. He removed his Tudor bonnet, sporting a long black feather that was likely his own,and bowed low in a blandish, supplicating manner. "Don't you think that's a little to much turkey leg for one little princess such as you?"

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:46 pm

Despite having cheeks stuffed with turkey, turkey skin sticking out of her mouth, and sauce on her face--not forgetting that one of her paws was busy holding the turkey leg--Harriet still managed a curtsy.

At the question, she chortled--AFTER she swallowed her food. Putting a paw on her hip she said, "Isn't it the princess's prerogative to determine for herself how much is enough for herself? And isn't the princess a growing young lady, who needs her nourishment?"

Breaking character, she said, "Seriously, though, it's great to see you! You look great! So what's going on?"

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 pm

(Before I get started, can someone explain to me what a Renaissance Faire is actually? We don't have them over here that I know of, I've a few ideas running through my head, but I'm not sure if they fit entirely)

Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:50 am
Profile WWW

DusktheWolf wrote:
(Before I get started, can someone explain to me what a Renaissance Faire is actually? We don't have them over here that I know of, I've a few ideas running through my head, but I'm not sure if they fit entirely)

(I don't know if it works this way everywhere in America, but where I live what he have is honestly more of a Middle Ages fair than a Renaissance fair (although some people do have true renaissance costumes and it's still called a Renaissance fair. Basically what it is in my town is just where people come together and set up a bunch of tents and stuff and a lot of it is sales - renaissance/medieval/fantasy costumes, swords, and other such paraphernalia, and plenty of food stands, some of which sell what I guess is supposed to be renaissance/medieval style food. And loads of people come in costume. And they usually have some shows, like lute players and jugglers and belly dancers (which I still can't bring myself to watch) and whatnot. But like I said, it's probably different depending on location. EDIT: Think of it like a fantasy convention :P)

Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:19 pm

[An outdoor fantasy convention, rather. They also allow participation in things, like they teach archery, knife throwing, axe throwing, they have horseback riding, etc.]

Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:48 pm

(Rightey oh! This should be fun!)

The barrel of an extremely realistic looking flintlock pistol appeared at the raven's neck, attached to the other end of the pistol was a dark furred wolf, clad in a long black trench coat, underneath which he wore a black shirt and trousers. Upon his head he wore a tricorn hat, tipped low to conceal most of his eyes. "Your money or your life!?" He asks fiercely, not breaking character.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:21 pm
Profile WWW

"Halt! What do you think you're doing, you villanous highwayman?" said Harriet, getting into character and waving her drumstick as though it were a weapon. "As your princess I command you to explain yourself!"

Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:09 pm

Tom's hands shot up in the air, his knees shaking comically, his voice thick with vibrato. "Please Sah! I have no money to give! Do what you want with me, just don't hurt the princess!" He sniggered slightly, breaking character.

"Of course, you could probably use some cash. Jeez, man, where'd you get that thing!?! Is that real? Must have cost you a pretty penny!" He said this all with his hands still in the air, but his head was turned now, eyeing the Wolf's piece with awe.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:55 pm
Site Administrator

The gentle strums of an Elizabethan lute filled the air as scaly fingers danced across the authentic period instrument. Those fingers belonged to everyone's favorite gecko, dressed as a Bard and chirping an old song:

When daffodils begin to peer,
With heigh! the doxy over the dale,
Why, then comes in the sweet o' the year;
For the red blood reigns in the winter's pale.

The white sheet bleaching on the hedge,
With heigh! the sweet birds, O, how they sing!
Doth set my pugging tooth on edge;
For a quart of ale is a dish for a king.

The lark, that tirra-lyra chants,
With heigh! with heigh! the thrush and the jay,
Are summer songs for me and my aunts,
While we lie tumbling in the hay.

"Hail, friends!" Ian lifts up one hand and waves at the furry gathering. "Good afternoon! Are we enjoying this lovely summer day?"

[OOC: Major props if you know where that's from without looking it up. :p]

Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:01 pm
Profile WWW

Dusk grinned under his hat, "Why fair princess, I am merely relieving this poor gentleman of his heavy gold. Surely he cannot be expected to take all that weight." He explained, his voice full of mock honesty, though he had not lied, merely, skewed the truth.

Breaking character, he chuckled at Tom, "a wolf has his sources. Though for the life of me I can't remember if this one is loaded or not."
Not moving from his position Dusk nods to the bard, who seemed relatively oblivious to the whole highwayman scenario. "Hail!"

Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:39 am
Profile WWW

Harriet continued in character. "Did he give you his permission to relieve him of his gold?" She took another bite of her drumstick and chewed as she looked at Dusk.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:57 am

The highwayman grinned at the princess, "Well, permission was Implied" he explained, motioning with his free paw.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:25 am
Profile WWW

By now, Harriet's drumstick was a mere bone, which she wielded like a police officer's club. "And how, may the princess ask, was permission 'implied'?"

Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:19 am
Site Administrator

"How now, highwayman?" Ian made one of those silly frou-frou hand gesture greetings. "Didst thou attempt to pilfer gold from this..." The reptilian bard bowed to the hedgehog. "...fair princess?"

Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:23 am
Profile WWW

"I assure you he did not," said Harriet. "'Twas the raven was his victim. Her highness was simply trying to stand up for the bird's rights."

Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:33 am

"Come now, victim is a bit strong isn't it?" Asked the highwayman, who almost sounded offended at the accusation... almost.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:36 am
Profile WWW

"Oh? And what word, sir, would you use instead?" said Harriet, tapping her foot and putting her paw on her hip. "Is it not you who has the flintlock pistol and who said, and I quote, 'Your money or your life!'?"

Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:49 am

The wolf mused her question for a bit before replying, "I would say 'Target Audience' is a more apropriate phrase. And yes, I do posess such an item and uttered such a phrase. However, it is only a formality, can't have myself seen as some sort of lowlife vandal can we now?"

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:55 am
Profile WWW

"And how exactly dost thou distinguish between being a 'lowlife vandal' and what you are presently doing?" said Harriet.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next