Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Furnal Equinox 2014 
Lady Sloth

I just discovered that there is a furry convention called furnal equinox happening this March 7th - 9th, in Toronto, Canada.

I live in upstate New York now, and am only a 4 hour drive away from this convention. Which means I really want to go!

In order to afford this con, I can either A) carpool with someone (i.e. pay for only half my gas) and share a hotel room with at least 3 other people (i.e. pay only a quarter of room cost for two nights), or B) drive there by myself and sleep in my car for the whole con. (My car is big enough to sleep in comfortably and if I pile all the blankets I own into it, along with my sleeping bag and warm clothes it should also be warm enough for me.)

I need a chance to fursuit again and to network with other furs! Going to RMFC netted me a TON of watchers on FA and it would be nice to not only gather more FA watchers, but find cool new people to watch. :3

I realize that this is a Canadian con and probably not on anyone's radar, but I thought I'd ask if anyone else might be headed that way.

You *do* have to have a passport in order to go if you are not a Canadian citizen.

Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:05 pm
Profile WWW

So I needed to check my academic calender first, I was just going to text you this but posting it is probably just as good.

This con sounds good, I believe I have a prior planned commitment later in March but I don't think this interferes. So that leaves one problem that applies to both Anthrocon and this Con.

I need a source of income between now and then to justify this, and so far I am job hunting for a small part time job. If I can get a job before February, I can let you know which trips I'd be up for, but this one sounds pretty financially reasonable.

Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

I'd offer to let you sleep in my car with me to save money but that'd get really awkward DX haha

keep workin' on the income thing! I can totally swing by to pick you up and my gas costs about $60 per 300 miles give or take.

registration is $40 pre-mid-feb or $45 at the door. pretty typical con prices.

con attendance last year was around 700, so it's a small con... roughly RMFC-sized. I love RMFC and think that smaller cons are more fun in a lot of ways.

Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:03 pm
Profile WWW

Ha well I've never been to a con that breached ~300 furs so i'm sure it's plenty big enough. The prices sound really reasonable for a weekend away ~60 + 40 + (~40$ /night) is still a fraction of the cost I payed for my last trip. I'd totally be able to manage if I get a part time job, which I should be able to do

Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:26 pm
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

good luck...! I was having dreams about job hunting all night XD

Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:26 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]