Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Rocky Mountain Fur Con 2014: August 8-10, Denver 
Site Administrator

Aww man! Well tell him to look for us! :p

So both my scaly meetup and the worship service got approved; they'll be held Friday at 2:30pm and Sunday at 11am, respectively.

I'm ALSO seriously looking at doing a masquerade act as well as an all-furry version of this Weird Al video.

Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:37 pm
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

I, uh... I'm not sure I'll make it to the Sunday worship this year... unless you really need someone to help you sing, then maybe I'll go?

Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:49 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

I might be able to grab Judah or Powder, perhaps, but it's not like I need someone to sing up front with me anyway.

Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:48 pm
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

*want

Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:13 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

I won't be sad or offended if you can't make the service, really. It was nice having you join me last year~

No idea if Oren will be there. We're no longer communicating, and this year he apparently didn't apply to host one like we both did before, so IDK.

Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:45 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

ALL THE FEELS about this con. Click here to watch my vlog about it. Other videos and pics to follow!

Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:25 am
Profile WWW

I know I say it after most years, but definitely the best con I've gone to. I didn't do much photography (I've learned that I pretty much hate taking pictures indoors. Lighting sucks unless I really know the people and can get them to do scenes) (This also leads into plans for next year, I've got some work to do). The shots I did get I'll share on here and FA when I clean them up.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:42 am

(OT) @Siber: This might be completely irrelevant, but I found that bouncing a flash works wonders indoors, although you do have to be careful about which walls/ceilings you bounce against and especially with somewhat larger rooms you'll need a pretty powerful flash.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:12 am
Site Administrator

Have you thought about doing a photography panel before? I for one would love to learn more about taking great pictures!

Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:24 am
Profile WWW

Maybe if you do a photography panel I can finally get my husband to come to a fur con :P

Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:27 am
Profile WWW

Tayi wrote:
(OT) @Siber: This might be completely irrelevant, but I found that bouncing a flash works wonders indoors, although you do have to be careful about which walls/ceilings you bounce against and especially with somewhat larger rooms you'll need a pretty powerful flash.

You're totally right that it'd work for most sections in this conspace. I just have a distaste for using flash since most of my photography needs no flash. I should get over it and get a good one someday.

And I could totally do a photography panel. That's actually a pretty cool idea, I'll have to think about it.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:12 pm
Site Administrator

Over the course of a couple nights at the con I filmed a music video for Weird Al's "Tacky". Here's the finished thing!

Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:25 pm
Profile WWW

I hope its okay to ask, but how much is it to go to this con? So far its the closest to me (if it happens in Denver next year that is) and I would like to go to a furry con some day (I never been to one).

Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:34 am
Lady Sloth

It happens in Denver every year!

The con itself, pre-reg ticket for the whole weekend, is only like $35. Then you have to factor in the cost of travel, the cost of a hotel room (usually something like $120 a night divided up by the number of people sharing the room--so, if you have four people for two nights, you pay about $60), the cost of food/liquor for the whole weekend (you can bring some of your own to save money on restaurants), and a budget for whatever you want to actually buy at the con like art, buttons, shirts, comics, novels, etc.

Travel to and from the con is usually the biggest cost of con attendance. Some people blow hundreds of dollars on merchandise, but I usually try to stick to about $50 on merch max...

Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:27 pm
Profile WWW

I was cheap this year and spent less than $100 on the con, food and all. I know others that'll party hard and buy lots of stuff. It's really just down to how you budget it out. It should be at the Marriott in DTC again next year too (the same hotel as this year.)

Also, I may have made the photography panel A Thing. Got a friend who's excited about co-hosting and wanting to turn it into two panels (Beginners and Advanced). We'll see what happens.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2