Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
RMFC 2016 
Lady Sloth

Looks like I'll probably be going to this one!

www.rockymountainfurcon.org

For a while there it looked like I might be moving with my mama to Virginia, but plans have changed and we are staying in Colorado for the time being.

The con is at a different hotel than last year and the room block is already completely sold out. They are currently looking to expand the room block and there are nearby hotel options within walking distance as far as I understand it. Most years I end up sharing a room with someone who had the foresight to reserve one early, but I always have the option of trying to commute as well, since I do live in town. I'm kinda having money issues at the moment so I'm not yet sure how I'm gonna go about this.

Looks like Rick Griffin is going to be one of the guests of honor! That's reason enough for all y'all to do your best to get down here for it!! :P

I have been toying with the idea of trying to go as a dealer this year and expand my brand and see if I can't get more commission work. If I could make back at least the price of the table and attendance, then it would be mostly worth it, right?? But I'm still on the fence about it. Due to health concerns I may not be able, pre-con, to create the materials necessary to have a good table (like business cards, for example) and a decent amount of pre-made stock such as prints... It's already February and I've been in a pretty rough patch since the end of December. Being in the dealer's den would also seriously cut into my hanging-out-with-people and fursuiting time. We'll see, I guess. I'm not sure exactly when they open the dealers' registration, but must needs have my decision made by then, as the tables sell out pretty quickly once they open it.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:22 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

I'll be there Saturday night and Sunday cuz my brother's wedding is that weekend. :P

Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:27 pm
Profile WWW

I've already bought my ticket and reserved a room. Now I just need 3 of my friends to split the cost of the room. Shouldn't be too much of a problem, but this far out, it's hard to get people to commit.
Either way I'll be going - I have some family in Denver, so I could stay with them if the hotel plans fall through; plus that would give me extra money to work with.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:15 am
Site Administrator

Hey, Dart and I will room with you if you want!

Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:36 pm
Profile WWW

Aren't you two a couple? It'd just be kind of awkward for me to share a room with people who are in a relationship with each other. Don't get me wrong - it's not you, it's me. :oops:

It'd be awesome to meet up, though! :)

Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:08 pm
Site Administrator

We are, yeah. Sorry

Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:30 pm
Profile WWW

I'll be there in some fashion! Not sure if I'm going to stay at the hotel this year but we'll see what happens, depends heavily on friends and their plans.

Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:29 pm

So...

Yeah I'm planning to go
This'll be great fun :3

EDIT:
Booked room.
Now that there has been a deposit of money
I'm obligated to show up.

Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:08 pm
Site Administrator

Booked my room too!

Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:12 am
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

Ian, do you have room in your room? I have a futon I can bring to sleep on the floor. So far it looks like I will only be able to afford to stay for two nights (Friday night and Saturday night) in a room split four ways...

Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:01 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Our room has a sofa bed in addition to the king bed! Foxy's cool with it; we've got the room for Friday and Saturday nights anyway so it'd only be $79 apiece.

Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:35 am
Profile WWW

I'm not going to make it. I prayed about it, and God has other plans for me. I'm kind of sad I won't be able to meet y'all, but I think it'd cause more drama for me to go than good.

Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:08 pm
Site Administrator

Awww, sorry to hear that, Doug. Maybe next year. :(

Good news, though! The Sunday service will be happening at 10am in the Crested Butte room! They originally planned it for 9 but that's a wee bit early for furries. I'll be playing a few worship songs on my ukulele and Powder will have a sermon for us. Hope to see some of you there!

Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:56 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Even better news: Arc and Goforit will be joining me on guitar and bass, respectively! For the first time since I started the Sunday service in 2007 we'll have a worship band and not just me awkwardly playing and singing. :P

I feel so happy and blessed right now, this is amazing. <3

Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]