Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
DFC 3 

I'll be gone to the third annual Dutch FurCon from July 22 to 25. This'll be my first furry convention I'll go to and I expect to have a blast, especially since I invited my best furriend (not on this forum) to come along. I just hope for good and not too warm weather.
Oh, and here's the link to the official website if anyone was interested.

Thu May 12, 2016 5:57 am
Profile WWW

I do seem to remember someone PMing me to see if I was going (but that was on this forum :p)

I'll probably see you on Saturday! (There aren't many Belgians around, so you can probably find me by my accent. Both the others can probably also point me out, although it's been quite a while since I saw them.)

Thu May 12, 2016 3:08 pm

... and now suddenly two other Belgians registered that I don't know, so you can't go by the accent anymore. Sorry... ;)

Sat May 14, 2016 2:46 pm

Yeah, I wasn't sure whether I should mention you or not... I'll find you at the con somehow, no worries. I don't know anyone who'll attend except for two (the friend I mentioned earlier and you, although I don't know you that good at all), so that'll be an interesting experience.

Sun May 15, 2016 10:49 am
Profile WWW

I made it back safely! Thanks for suggesting it months ago!

I had lots of fun, I hope you did too (I'm not that good at keeping up conversations...)

I didn't find the two Belgians that I expected to be there, but I did have two other unexpected encounters (the girl at the head end of our table at the barbecue made my tail and I also knew the guy with the long blond hair opposite me from somewhere else.)

Next year I'll really try to come all weekend and I'll probably bring someone else too...

Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:33 pm

I have returned from DFC! I really had a blast!

I really had a great time there and the first thing I said to my parents when I came home was: "Can I go again next year?" The answer was a very sarcastic "no" and "I think so?" so I'm looking forward to that already.

Yes, I know I'm nuts.

Next time I'll see if my birdbrain... Err... Brother wants to come along with me to join the fun.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:34 am
Profile WWW

I'll think about it...

At the cross is love beyond hate, faith beyond doubt, and hope beyond despair.

Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:00 am

Group photo!

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/20693373/

@Quelami: yes, you're Nuts. And all kinds of other candybars.

@Rainbow: what's making you doubt?

Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:37 pm
Site Administrator

*looks all through the photo and enhances it several times* Hmmmm, where's the bobkitty?

Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:22 pm
Profile WWW

Tayi wrote:
@Rainbow: what's making you doubt?

Uhm...
First: I'm not the cuddle-type.
Second: It'd be my first vacation without parents.
Third: I'm not sure what to expect.
Fourth: ...Ok, I'm lying. There is no fourth.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:17 pm

@Ian: one hint: I made sure my tail was visible...

@Rainbow:
1- That's not necessary, it's most important that *you* feel comfortable about things like that in the first place. (I am actually trying to get over my fear of contact and hug people, but when I left there was someone who just said 'no hugs please' when I invited him to a hug. That was okay too, I just shook his hand. No is no; actually everything except explicit consent is 'no'.)
2- You're right that that's a pretty big step outside your comfort zone. There's only one way to find out if it's worth it or not, though. (I started university around your age, which was a similarly big step, so I have some idea about your doubts.)
3- Your brother has been there longer, so he can probably tell you more, but I mostly found a group of people hanging around, talking, drinking something at the bar, ... There were about 150 people there, I guess, so it wasn't a terribly big group. Spread out over the day there were organized events (furwalk, workshops, ...), but none of those were mandatory to attend. You didn't even need to stay on the terrain; the surroundings are very nice, so I tried to relax with a short walk alone just before one of the workshops. Although if meeting new people puts you in an awkward position -- it does for me -- I find the organized events (and just helping out with cleaning up and such) great ways to start interacting with a few people.
4- So it's not _that_ bad... :)

Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:53 pm

1. What Tayi said.
2. This was my first time going away for a few days without my parents too, remember? It didn't stop me from trying to have fun. It was so worth it.
3. There were mostly people walking, talking, hanging at the bar, et cetera. Some even brought their computer along and there was a television present at location, enabling us to watch a few movies and even play a few games together. You can get off the terrain for a while if you want, there was a lake somewhere nearby for swimming (IDK where), the options are endless. It was the first time I actually met furries IRL (besides my brother) and I have to say that they're a weird bunch. Weird, but fun and friendly. They're very open towards others. Many aren't too talkative, but they're open for getting to know you.
This year the con had about 100 furs in total (including the ones that only came for one day), but it's growing fairly fast for its size every year. Of course not everyone was happy with that, but that is how you can expect things to go when things get better known. I expect about 150? furs next year? IDK...
For more details on anything, I live in the same house as you.
4. You're weird. You fit right in.

Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:21 pm
Profile WWW

OK, OK, I get it.

Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]