Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Attending a Convention? 

[I saw a few threads on specific conventIons but none on the consolidated topic]

I think many of us show interest in going to a convention or two with friends so I think it will be helpful to have a thread to display interest in a particular con and to get a bearing on who else may want to join you.

Relevant: does anyone here go to anthrocon? I was thinking of going this year but most likely would only go with friends.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:22 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

I have yet to go but I intend to go to Anthrocon 2014. I had plans to go to Rocket City Furmeet 2013 but that got canceled. :(

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:40 pm
Profile WWW

2014? Wow you plan ahead!

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:53 pm
Profile WWW

Sleet wrote:
I had plans to go to Rocket City Furmeet 2013 but that got canceled. :(

Ditto...

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:04 pm
Site Administrator

TabbyTim wrote:
2014? Wow you plan ahead!
Mostly that I want to go to AC but I'm not comfortable getting ready for a furry convention trip when I live with my mom. It's possible I'll be living by myself by the time AC 2013 comes around, but I'd rather be saving up a good amount of money for medical school at that point.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:10 pm
Profile WWW

That's a good point, I am living away from my parents so that's helped. I also know I'll be employed this summer but I haven't quite sold myself in the investment of an AC trip. Again, if enough friends went than I'd be much more willing to dish out the cash

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:21 pm
Profile WWW

TabbyTim wrote:
That's a good point, I am living away from my parents so that's helped. I also know I'll be employed this summer but I haven't quite sold myself in the investment of an AC trip. Again, if enough friends went than I'd be much more willing to dish out the cash

I think I've reached a point of independence that I could do something like this. Of course, for me its more of a "I get to meet and hang with my internet friends in real life!" more than "I get to go to a convention!"

-G.K. Chesterton

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:50 pm

The hanging out with friends bit is probably just as appealing or more so to me than the convention itself. Though I have to admit, being in a place surronded by thousands if furries sounds awesome. But yea it's not always necessary, on that note however, if anyone's in the northeast this summer that also would be fun, inanimate objects tend to be less fun to boop after awhile

Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:06 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

I might go to RMFC this year but since I now work at a movie theater, and things are really busy in the summer, it might not happen...for the 3rd year in a row.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:47 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Ask off as soon as you can confirm that you're otherwise capable of going.

I originally wasn't too excited about the convention aspect, but I found myself pleasantly surprised. The whole atmosphere is wonderful and there's a lot to do!

Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:38 am
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

I'll be cycling across America this summer with my sister and cousins, so I won't be able to make RMFC this year since we'll get back in mid/late August. I did manage to go the year before last, however, and before that I want to two years worth of Oklacon (drove up there from Texas) and I went to two small day-long cons in Tokyo when I was in high school.

I can't figure out what con I can go to with my new fursuit however! I may have to wait until next year ;_; I don't like the idea of flying anywhere far away by myself.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:07 am
Profile WWW

Wild Nights fur con is this month on the 26-28. I've registered today. I will be going from Skiatook, Oklahomadown to M uskogee, Oklahoma.There will be a historical troop transportacting as shuttle for a bunch of furs going down to robbers cave statepark. I have room for two others. If interested, tell me. Search for info on the con, but generally you will want to pack like you are hiking.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:39 pm
Profile YIM

This all sounds really exciting. I have not been to any kind of con since GenCon was here in Milwaukee. Unfortunately, these dates are bad for me. I am going to be in Marco Island, FL Oct 6-13.

Still am looking forward to meeting any one of you sometime sooner than later.

Thu May 02, 2013 7:13 pm
Site Administrator

Yes, come to RMFC! I won a Sponsor level membership for next year so you know I'm going. :P

Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:11 pm
Profile WWW

I'm looking at either $480+ for gas (with an ~18 hour drive each way) or a plane ticket for around $500. So yeah...probably never going to get to go to RMFC until many many years into the future when my disposable income is more than about forty bucks a week.

If anybody wants to come to RCFM (that's Rocket City Fur Meet, in Huntsville, Alabama) then I'd love to go see you there (though if you're in Colorado then you're more or less going to be paying what I'd have to pay to get up there, so...)

*Koshka hisses from the frustration of being in Alabama and not getting to go to the fancy fur cons.*

Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:01 pm
Site Administrator

Last time RCFM was canceled. I was actually going to go. :(

Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:07 pm
Profile WWW

I know! And it would've been the first convention (of any kind) that I would've ever been to, plus another Christian furry I know in person was even going to go with me!
You're still gonna go next year right? xP

Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:01 pm

Whether I do depends on whether my friend does.

Romans 10:13

Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:40 am
Profile WWW

Has anybody heard of F3 Con? It's within like an hour of where I am and I'm really thinking of going this year.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:20 am
Site Administrator

I've heard of it but I don't know much about it.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:41 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next