Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Central Plains Fur Con 

Aw that's unfortunate but exciting to be going to a wedding :) We'll have to get together some other time!

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:05 am
Profile WWW

Well, this is getting more exciting the more you folks discuss it...I really hope Pyre and I can attend CPFC, now, even though we'll have plenty of stuff to keep us busy in the meantime.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:38 pm
Profile YIM

This is an exciting idea. What should a bear be dressed as? Was there a circus bear in the starting act? I forget?

Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:39 am
Profile YIM

Strictly speaking, there are no bears in the Oz stories. The classic film made them eternally part of the tale, however, with "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!" leading up to the first encounter with the Cowardly Lion. What there were in the original book were two savage beasts called Kalidahs (great bears with the heads of tigers) which presented a dangerous obstacle for the party. They met their end when the Scarecrow and the Tin Man outsmarted them, destroying an impromptu bridge made from a tree trunk.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:44 pm
Profile YIM

ashenfox wrote:
Strictly speaking, there are no bears in the Oz stories. The classic film made them eternally part of the tale, however, with "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!" leading up to the first encounter with the Cowardly Lion. What there were in the original book were two savage beasts called Kalidahs (great bears with the heads of tigers) which presented a dangerous obstacle for the party. They met their end when the Scarecrow and the Tin Man outsmarted them, destroying an impromptu bridge made from a tree trunk.

:shock:
Oh no! Sigh I guess ill have to get creative.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:52 am
Profile YIM

" Rates During the Convention: $109 Per Night for basic rooms -Either a Single King Bed or 2 Queen Beds, first-come first-serve. *Suites are not discounted with the con rate."
For a two to three day stay, I will need a room matr to split the cost with me. There's still time to discuss going, but let's keep it going.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:06 pm
Profile YIM

So Tom and I are finalizing plans for this Central Plains Fur Con. I'm flying in and Tom's going by ground (which is a little backwards all things considering). But I'm hoping for an awesome weekend with food and furries and maybe swimming and shenanigans.

Rukis is the guest of honor, have to give brownie points to her because she's a fellow NY fur (also she gave me a free print of an anthro female canine wrangling a T-Rex through a jungle... waaaaah!!!!). And the hotel seems nice!

We have 1 room booked at the moment, and may be willing to pack others into it (within limits), though if anyone else would be interested in joining, we could look into booking another room soon.

So let me or Tom or the interwebs know if you're interested!

Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:28 pm
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

I'd be looking at $200 in gas and a 7 hour drive if I wanted to go to this convention. I'm not sure that's worth it to me at this point. If I could have someone splitting the gas with me, I might decide to go, but otherwise I'm not sure I can justify the expense... considering I just went to a con in August.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:06 pm
Profile WWW

Yea this con is looking like a pretty sizable investment on my part, the plane tickets pulled no punches. Could you carpool with sleet if he were interested?

Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:28 pm
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

Sleet kinda far away from me, isn't he?

I'm going to talk to some more Colorado Springs/Denver furs and see if any of them are planning on going.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:50 pm
Profile WWW

Ah maybe, sorry. I sometimes get hometowns confused.

But yea, that would be cool, we'd be happy to meet up with anyone that can make it, but I am not trying to force anything that's not there.I just thought I'd mention it ASAP while there are still hotel rooms available on the off chance that any of you wanted to rent another room

Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:54 am
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

how many spots do you have in your room still?

Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:23 am
Profile WWW

Depends. As much as possible, I think we'd like to cram as many people in as few rooms as we can, to keep the cost down. At the moment its just Tim and I and we only have one room reserved. We'd want at least 4 before we would get a second.

-G.K. Chesterton

Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:01 am
Site Administrator

I don't think I can make it; I won't have the money or paid time off saved up.Maybe next year? :(

Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:43 am
Profile WWW

Don't worry about it, the money seems to be the primary problem for most of us. I do think FFC will have some successful get togethers in the future, I'm aiming for RMFC hopefully. I think that would be a good con for all of us to aim for next year

Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:46 pm
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

I just want to repeat that if I can find at least one other person to carpool w/ me and share costs (and hopefully help drive, except I drive a stick shift so it might be hard to find a person who can), then I want to go to this con. There's a Colorado Springs furmeet this Tuesday, and I will bring it up to the folks there. For all I know I might find a person who's already planning on going!

Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:53 pm
Profile WWW

Aaaaand I have bad news...Pyre and I will not be attending this year. By the time I was able to find out whether there was a work conflict, you guessed it, there was. (Here, they even stipulate if a mission comes up, you will just have to change your plans!) I'll probably just have to see what cons I might want to go to next year, instead.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:00 pm
Profile YIM
Lady Sloth

....I probably can't justify the expense even with carpooling. there's gonna be a local fursuiting event here on that same weekend... I'll prolly just do that.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2