Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Anthrocon, 2014 

Looks like someone's gonna be sleeping in the luggage!

Dylan and I don't take up that much space so we can probably squeeze six people in. Most of us are still "maybe" though. Worst case I'll see if some of my other friends are getting a room.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:04 pm
Profile WWW

I'm all for squeezing people in. I will gladly take the floor for the sake of cooperation. If anyone else wants to go though we could probably get two rooms

Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:18 pm
Profile WWW

at some point I think the hotel might get upset if we cram too many people in there.

-G.K. Chesterton

Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:30 pm

I've heard of con-goers cramming an insane number of people into a single room. If we're one over it should be okay.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:04 am
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

Legally they're only allowed four people to a room, so you only register the room under four people, and you always keep the "do not disturb" sign up to keep out housekeeping. But we used to cram six people AND six bicycles and gear into single motel rooms when we were cycling across America... granted these were countryside motels but we never had issues.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:37 am
Profile WWW

Again, I'm fine cramming too many people in a room; we can get two but everyone would need to be ok with paying a bit more... And someone else would have to coordinate with me to reserve another room next to the first

Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:52 pm
Profile WWW

I just rented one room, double beds, at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. It's not far from the convention center and I like Marriott's accommodations. 146$ a night. Check-In is Thursday and Check-Out is Sunday. I apologize if Tica, Tom, and Bri get emails about guest registration, they kind of requested emails from the guests so I filled them in, I assume this is for administration purposes and not for advertising, but let me know if you'd like me to try to change that. If we feel we need another room, I'd ask that someone else fronts the payment for it.

Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:03 pm
Profile WWW

Just got the email, thanks. It's good to have for record purposes. I'm excited already! Better start saving up!

Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:20 pm
Profile WWW

Me too ^.^ It should be a blast! Last year numbered around 6k attendees; I can't imagine being in one place with so many furs XD

Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:29 pm
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

I got the email too... good to have, good to have.

Right now I just want to get through Furnal Equinox though before worrying overmuch about AC...

Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:00 pm
Profile WWW

Yea i don't want to distract away from closer cons, I just kind of needed to get on this now because the rooms get booked too fast

Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:30 am
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

no, good for you, my backup option was con homelessness haha

Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:48 am
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

...so, my life right now.

I'm moving back to CO in April. That is the current plan. My health is declining, my energy levels are a joke, and I am severely, clinically depressed. Before I start cutting myself again it's time to change my scenery and get back to somewhere I can obtain long-term healthcare as opposed to stop-gap measures taken in a place foreign to me.

Due to this combination of factors, I sincerely doubt that I'll make it to AC this year. I will likely show up at RMFC in August, but not AC.

Someday I'll make it down there...

Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:08 pm
Profile WWW

I'm sorry to hear that =(. Was looking forward to meeting you!

Do what you've got to do to get healthy, and let us know if there's anyway we can help!

-G.K. Chesterton

Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:55 pm

I'm all set for this years AC.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:17 pm

Oh cool, it'll be nice to meet you!

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:49 pm
Profile WWW

Wooo!

Is there anyone in the southeast PA/northeast MD/northern DE area that would like to form a carpool? I volunteer to drive! :3

Thu May 01, 2014 10:19 pm
Profile WWW

I may be up for that! I'm from bucks county and could help pay for gas and tolls. We'll talk about details maybe when I know for sure

Fri May 02, 2014 9:05 am
Profile WWW

TabbyTim wrote:
I may be up for that! I'm from bucks county and could help pay for gas and tolls. We'll talk about details maybe when I know for sure

*gasp* multi-FFC member road trip potential?

-G.K. Chesterton

Fri May 02, 2014 11:17 am

=^.^= cat car! But if I save a bit on travel I can help Tom finance a bit, perhaps pick up a few if his meals :)

Fri May 02, 2014 12:34 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next