Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Anthrocon, 2014 
Lady Sloth

Now that I've accepted a job in upstate NY, about 4 hours away from Pittsburgh according to google, I'm making tentative plans to attend Anthrocon '14. I'll bring my fursuit with me on my move and all my badges I've been collecting... If I ask for the weekend off work really far in advance, I don't anticipate it being a problem... worst case scenario I only hit up one or two days of the con instead of all four.

Obviously I won't set my plans in stone until the date approaches closer.

Anyone else thinkin' of going next year?

Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:04 pm
Profile WWW

I don't have a solid idea about what my situation will be like after May, but there's a good chance I'd have the opportunity to go to AC, as I'm from the area as well. I'll keep you posted as my situation becomes a bit more clear, it would depend on where I'm living/working after May and what my finances look like

Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

is May graduation time?

Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:10 pm
Profile WWW

I'd love to, but...
In my work there is a set time, usually in August, when I am expected to take leave if I want it. Taking leave outside that time is not prohibited, but (as with anything that might interfere with the mission) it is discouraged. It's looking like a pretty boring couple of years ahead.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:29 pm
Profile YIM
Lady Sloth

there are some cool cons in August! RMFC is an August convention ~~ Ian will be at the next RMFC for sure, I know that much.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:23 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

I am definitely thinking of going this year! Getting there will be super cheap for me and I can actually save up money for stuff there. Plus I might have a fursuit!

Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:35 am
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

I think I've arranged a way to get my honorary-brother Aki (also known as Wrathofautumn) up there to Anthrocon, meaning there'd be another suiter. He's a gray fox.

so many suiters, not enough handlers ~~

I'd love to offer to room share right now, but the truth is I probably won't actually register for anthrocon until right before the online registration closes. Due to the nature of my work, I can't be 100% sure that I can get the time off until much closer to the actual date. It seems likely--my supervisor already wrote it on her calendar--but I can't be sure.

It seems like the anthrocon hotel fills up really fast once registration opens, so if waiting so long means I can't find a place to room, I'd be perfectly happy sleeping in my car overnight and just finding a safe place to stash my fursuit during the day instead.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:32 am
Profile WWW

I want to go to Anthrocon sometime! My friends go every year, so maybe this year or next :o I have a couple suits I could wear but I might just "ears-and-tail" it my first time.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:53 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Turns out Dart wants to go to MFF this year so I think I'll go with him instead of AC.

But I hope to see some of you at RMFC!

Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:02 pm
Profile WWW

So I hate to put pressure on people but, if we do have a FFC crowd going to Anthrocon this year, we'll most likely need to get a room soon. Hotel reservations opened up a few days ago and they fill up sooo fast, as in 2 of the hotels available for that weekend are all ready completely booked. If anyone thinks that they most likely will go and need a room, let me know in this thread. Because as it stands, I'll likely just get floor space with random people (though I'd much rather room with fun people like yoooouuuu)

Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

I'm really averse to committing to it right now, but I'm prett sure I'll come. My bro I'm not too sure about, but if we get a room now we can worry about filling it later, right? me and you makes two; getting two more should be easy

Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:33 pm
Profile WWW

Count me in as a "maybe"!

Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:01 pm
Profile WWW

Tom's also a maybe. That's alright then, I'll get a room. We may have to house a random fur if we're short but that shouldn't be too hard

Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:58 pm
Profile WWW

Ok! Just so you know, I'll be dragging my husband Dylan along if I come so we won't have to find another roomie. It's pretty likely that I'll be able to go.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:32 pm
Profile WWW

Ohh! That's helpful! If Tica and her coyote go and you and your husband go that'll make 5 to a room, which is fine! Need be I'll take the floor. Still haven't reserved a room yet, going to do it this weekend

Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:59 pm
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

coyote? my brother is a gray fox o.o

Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:04 pm
Profile WWW

...Now I feel racist

Quick but somewhat urgent question: When do you all want to arrive. Do we want a room for thursday night? I'd be happy to do the full thurs-sun weekend but I'd rather split a room then pay for one myself. So who else would be up for arriving thursday night and thus splitting a room thursday night?

Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:39 pm
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

for anthrocon I would absolutely arrive on Thursday.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:15 pm
Profile WWW

I think I'm 90% good to go. Should have the monies, and the timing is right. Won't know for certain until later, but I'mma plan on it.

-G.K. Chesterton

Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:17 pm
Lady Sloth

that means too many people for a room xD

Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:21 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next