Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Convention Poll 

Where would you go if FFC and CF partnered?
Poll ended at Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:35 am
A. Anthrocon 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
B. Rocky Mountain Fur Convention 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
C. Memphis Fur Meet 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
D. Rainfurest 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
E. Furry Fiesta 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 7

Convention Poll 

The FursForChrist and ChristianFurs online groups are organizing a meet up at the following convention events. Which one will you put a down payment on before 2014?
A. Anthrocon
B. Rocky Mountain Fur Convention
C. Memphis Fur Meet
D. Rainfurest
E. Furry Fiesta

Disclaimer/ legal notification:
The above poll is based on fictional events, is hypothetical, and not meant to be taken as a real movement or action involving FursforChrist or Christianfurs and is not necessarily representative of the views and opinions of staff and members of FursforChrist or Christianfurs. All associations, depictions, derivatives, and repercussions need not apply to the hypothetical 'Convention Poll'. This polls sole purpose is meant as a tool to identify the time of year in which any member, family partner, or associate of the online 'organizations' FursforChrist or Christianfurs, heretofore referred to as the 'organizations'. The organizations are given freedom and not held liable for the opinions, views, or concerns expressed herein by participants of 'The Convention Poll.' No actual, digital, or verbal monetary exchange shall be inferred by association or participation of those within the organizations by use of 'The Convention Poll.' Void where prohibited. Not all areas apply. The following geographical areas may or may not have participation in 'The Convention Poll' : Sachuan, Zambia, Southern Air Temple, floating spherical Death Stars, quasi-existent police phone boxes, outer regions of the Milky Way, and nomadic and dispersed parts of Transelvania. Participation in 'The Convention Poll' does not necessarily indicate participation in 'the game' nor shall it be held that a cake, heretofore represented as 'Portal Cake', be presented in association and appreciation of participants in Aperture Science. Notwithstanding, the Portal Cake(1) shall be described. (1)Portal Cake, herein referred, in part or whole in recipe as 'black forest chocolate cake', whereas given to from monetary exchange, in contrast, shall be made liken as "Ingredients
For The Cake: 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda 1 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 cups buttermilk 1/2 cup vegetable shortening 2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/2 cup Kirsch (cherry liqueur)
For the filling:¼ cup Kirsch 2 cans sour cherries 3 cups heavy whipping cream ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa
For the Garnish: 1 semisweet chocolate bar, frozen At least 8 maraschino cherries (no stems) One white candle Directions Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 8 inch cakepans, or line with parchment paper. Sift together the flour, the cocoa, the baking soda and the salt. Set this aside. Beat the shortening and sugar together until they are fluffy. Add the eggs and beat thoroughly. Add vanilla. Slowly beat in the flour mixture, occasionally alternating with the buttermilk. Beat until combined. Pour the batter into the cakepans. Bake for about 35 or 40 minutes (or until a a fork or a wooden pick comes out clean when inserted into the cake. Let the cake cool completely. The cake will be easier to cut if you keep it in the fridge for a few hours before cutting. After the cake has cooled, cut each layer in half (horizontally) to make four total layers. Sprinkle the layers with the 1/2 cup of Kirsch. Drain the canned cherries in a colander to remove most of the juice. Beat the whipping cream with confectioners' sugar until it thickens to desired texture. Put a small amount of the cream/sugar mixture aside for garnish. Mix the cocoa powder into the remaining majority of the whipped cream frosting. Place one cake layer on the serving dish you wish to use. Spread about one 6th of the whipped cream on the layer, and strew a third of the cherries on top of the whipped cream. Add the second cake layer on top of the first. Spread one 6th of the whipped cream on the second layer and 1/3 of the cherries on top. Add the third cake layer. Spread 1/6 of the whipped cream on that and add the remaining cherries. Top with the last cake layer. Frost the top and sides of the cake with remaining frosting. Use a potato peeler on the chocolate to create thin shaves. Gently pat the chocolate shaves on to the sides and top of the cake, completely coating it. Use the whipped cream you set aside earlier to place eight small circles around the top of the cake. Place your non-stemmed maraschino cherries on each one. place white candle in the center and light. Congratulations, you have made the cake a reality!- See more at: http://www.geekychef.com/2010/09/delici ... dLCQ5.dpuf
http://www.geekychef.com/2010/09/delici ... -cake.html THANKS FOR READING ALL OF THIS adsafghlk;j'eriopjtah...Tralalallaaaaalalalalalaalalaaaallllalallalala!

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:35 am
Profile YIM
Lady Sloth

I intend to go to Anthrocon next year, but I can't commit to anything before 2014. I won't know until much closer to the event date.

as for hanging out with the CF people, I personally, as an openly lesbian/bisexual agnostic, dunno how comfortable I'd be...

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:56 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Was a legal disclaimer really necessary?

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:07 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

RMFC, for sure. Maybe Fiesta.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:15 am
Profile WWW

Memphis is the only one that I wouldn't have to break my back to go to :P

Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:41 pm

Sleet wrote:
Was a legal disclaimer really necessary?

:) Disclaimer was meant to be silly, but I'll note you why it was semi-necessary so I don't spoil something.

Edited the edit*
[STRIKETHROUGH]Also note that you can select a button and press vote to be part of the poll statistics.
I'll go first to make an example.[/STRIKETHROUGH]

Oh. It showed up after I voted, but not before, I wonder why.. anyways.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:09 pm
Profile YIM

RMFC of course. Would also want to try RF sometime in the near future. I've never been up in the Pacific Northwest before.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:09 pm

Seeing as I live 30 minutes from Dallas Furry Fiesta should be a cinch for me to go to :D All I have to do is get money for gas and the ticket :D

Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:37 pm

where is Furry Fiesta?

-G.K. Chesterton

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:10 am

Dallas Texas

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]