Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Weird Dreams! 

Ugh I had a weird dream last night honestly not sure if I want to tell anyone youed probably look at me like I'm crazy

Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:30 pm
Site Administrator

I strongly doubt that.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:25 pm
Profile WWW

I had a dream that I was trying to take a bath but whenever I got the tub filled up the water would just disappear.

Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:15 pm
Site Administrator

I had a dream where I was in my backyard and I run into Danny Carey (the drummer from Tool), and he's got a ton of metal junk all over that he's playing on. I decide to join him and after a little while he asks me if I'm on of the drummers from the concert (now there's apparently a big heavy metal concert in town on Sunday). I suddenly get embarrassed because I'm not and therefore realize I probably overstepped my boundaries by doing so, and tell him no. I also run into Mike Portnoy (formerly the drummer from Dream Theater) and I'm so nervous that I end up saying nothing to him. It's a bit awkward. I go inside and start watching My Little Pony in the living room. After a little while I decide I don't want to be embarrassed if a famous drummer sees me so I turn the TV off and go upstairs to my room, which has people in it and is also kind of a dishwashing room? I'm brooding over how I want to go to this concert now but my family has expectations for me that day, so I can't go. Some random guy who was sitting on my desk was wearing the bag I use to store dice as a sock (he was also wearing actual socks). I take it off and it's filled with bloody tissues, which got the bag bloody too. I mention that the person who did that better buy me a new one. Then I woke up.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:20 am
Profile WWW

Okay so it was me and Koshka, and at first we were like.. filming a movie or something? In this weird swampy area. But then something happened and we ended up underground in something that seemed like ruins.. Except there was a bunch of modern day type junk that we ended up taking and putting on. It felt like a video game, equipping things to give us resists (I specifically remember wearing a thing of garlic in case of vampires), and then we just kinda went around and explored a while and it was dark and sorta scary but we didn't die so that was good. And then we ended up in this like, giant mall, and we were trying to get away from someone or something but I don't remember what. Then we ended up in this one place, which shows up in my dreams a lot, where basically they have all these dressing rooms, but two sections of them aren't allowed access, one is in like.. an open grassy area which the rest of the place surrounds, and the other is in like this concrete-y underground area somewhere far away. But the reason they're not open for use is that they teleport people so they don't want anyone going in there because they're trying to investigate it. But we went in anyway cause we needed to escape so we teleported from the grassy ones to the concrete-y ones.. And the concrete area was somewhere by a dock because I know we went to go look for a ship but then we must have got separated or something because I got shipped off somewhere else with a whole bunch of other black girls and no one could remember the name of the cartoon Sabrina the Animated Series and we were in some really weird like.. sewer area waiting to go upstairs and then we did and it was like a house? Like an old house with a bunch of old-fashiony stuff like you'd expect an old lady to live there. And then last thing before I woke up is someone told me to get my shoes.

Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:58 pm

THAT WASN'T A DREAM GET YOUR SHOES

huh, it always seemed weird to me that some people have recurring dreams or things that show up a lot within dreams (other than things they think about a lot)
not like, weird, but i just don't really know what to think about it because apart from the people i think about most showing up a lot, my dreams are usually wildly different from one another and i've never had the same dream more than once.

Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:29 pm

I think it's really weird cause I have no idea where these things even come from and they range from mildly to horribly disturbing and I have no idea why they show up so much.

Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:48 pm

Probably a little late for this, but I had that dream where I slaughtered an entire brothel.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:53 pm
Site Administrator

I think you need help.

Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:05 am
Profile WWW

So last night I had a dream that I was being hunted down by clones of the avengers (marvel comics/super heroes, etc). I had my own super powers and a power suit. It was interesting, I eventually had to fight The Black Panther one on one and apparently was equally matched in skill.

So yeah... that was weird

Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:52 am

Mom and I have been having weird / nightmarish dreams lately. Last night's dream was spectacularly haunting, so I thought I'd share it and some of the other recent highlights from my dreams.

It's also probably best if you don't continue reading (or following the links I'll be posting) prior to going to bed yourself.

So, with that introduction out of the way, here's some of the stranger things my subconscious has produced lately.
----

Dream #1: the Pup in the Compost Bin
The setting for this dream was some unknown location during the early winter or late fall. It was late at night, probably around 3 AM, and lightly snowing. There was plenty of light to see by, as if the moon was full and brighter than normal. There wasn't any snow on the ground, though it was hard enough to suggest it was frozen. I was mostly wandering about, with my mind wandering. This is nothing special; I frequently dream of being in random places with nothing better to do than walk about and think about things.

But, as I walked along I heard an odd sound and went to investigate. When I rounded a corner, I found the source of the thumping noise. There was a large plastic compost bin by the far wall, and the lid was mostly shut. A rather upset wolf was fussing at it, as if it had lost something precious inside the bin. As I approached I could see a little nose popping in and out from under the heavy lid, and realized that the wolf's pup had somehow become trapped inside.

Not missing a beat, I headed over, shoved the lid out of the way, and pulled the pup from the rubbish inside. While the pup made no attempt to get out of my hands and allowed me to set it down safely, things went south as soon as I stepped back. The adult wolf, presumably the mother, began to attack me. At first I tried to just parry the bites and get away from the animal, but when that failed I started attacking back. First by lightly smacking it on the muzzle, then with actual force. Finally, when the wolf attempted to lunge, I met it in the air with an uppercut that knocked it away from me and flipped it over.

...and woke up shortly after it landed with a yelp.

---

Dream #2: IEDs: Insect Explosive Devices
This one started out in the basement of the first house I lived in and later ended in the backyard of the same house. A little backstory here: in my dreams, this backyard is effectively my "happy place", essentially a playground paradise stuck in time. The backyard in my dreams is nearly always the backyard as it was in the 1980s; we remodeled it in the late 90s and moved away a few years later. This version of the yard was designed after a "cross on a platform" design. The area directly outside of the house was a rectangular area with a cross shaped series of paths leading away from the house. These paths were bordered by a low wooden fence, and an 8 foot fence lined the entire backyard. At the tip of the cross was the gazebo -- its back wall was actually just the outside fence. The paths themselves, the floor of the gazebo, and the rectangle area near the house were made of loose gravel of various sizes, and you needed to dig through about a foot of loose stones to reach dirt. The rest of the backyard was a complex pattern of gardens with a number of different plants (notably columbine, hosta and iris).

The basement of this house was split into three areas: dad's exercise equipment took up half of the basement, and the other half was split between my play room and the office/utility area. While I certainly spent a lot of time there, it's not as common a sight in my dreams as the backyard.

Anyway, the dream began in the play room area where our kittens had discovered a chipmunk and were rampaging around after it. After the offending rodent had scurried out of sight, I turned to face the office/utility area and discovered something odd walking on the concrete floor. At this point, both the chipmunk and the kittens disappeared from the dream, and things began to center around the new little discovery. It resembled an unusually large honeypot ant, but the abdomen was an unsettling greenish yellow instead of the proper redish orange. Something disturbed the ant, and it abruptly exploded like an M-80 firecracker leaving a large scorch mark on the floor and a lingering smell of spent gunpowder. For obvious reasons, this was alarming and I quickly began checking for more of them. Not finding any, I headed outside where it was the middle of the night.

Porch lights on, I began checking the backyard and discovered a large plastic box in the rectangular area. It resembled a crate from a science fiction themed video game more than it resembled anything we've ever actually owned, so I investigated further by kicking off the lid (there was no way I was going to lift the lid with my bare hands). Looking in, I promptly discovered the thing was full of those "bomber" ants. Having disturbed the nest, they began crawling out and after me. I quickly retreated towards the gazebo, using larger stones and some random toys scattered about the paths to attack the ants. Each successful hit caused the struck ant to violently explode and the remainder of the dream consisted of me fighting the incoming ants with every stone, toy or other large object I could use.

----

Dream #3: Memories Interrupted
This round, I dreamed I'd woken up my bedroom in the second house I lived in. This is something of a freak occurrence, as I almost never dream of that particular home. No particular reason; I just tend to end up either in the first home I lived in, at the first school I attended or someplace utterly random. While lying in bed, a little too cozy to actually get up, my mind wandered and eventually lingered on some thoughts about a video game I played a lot when I was younger. In fact, I played it so much that the cartridge's save slots ended up with a permanent glitch. This game had actually come up in conversation recently, so it's not real surprising that it came to mind in a dream.

But what happened next certainly didn't get prompted from my waking life. I became aware of something moving over by my dresser. This dream took place around noon, so the room was completely lit by light from the windows. I leaned up to see what was there, and quickly froze once I saw it. There was a large brown and black snake slinking about near the dresser. It was at least several feet long and wider around than a garden hose. It also seemed agitated that I was moving.

I tried to move very slowly, holding my breath as I did so, to let me get to my feet. I wouldn't be able to make a run for it, as the dressers were next to the door and part of the snake was still in the hallway, but I would have a better chance of being able to take any action if I could get to my feet.

Which I never did: before I got out of bed, the snake suddenly bolted towards me and sunk its fangs into my gut. I woke up for real just as the pain began to register.

For bonus points, this dream repeated itself later that night. I got up and stayed up after the second time around.

---

And lastly, Dream #4: last night's horror show

This one took place somewhere random. I was at home, though "home" was an older building with a spacious front yard and a huge, deep pool for a backyard. It would probably have been a nice place to live, if it wasn't for one little exception I'll get to in a moment. It started quietly enough with me doing some redecorating. Basically, I was personalizing my "room", which was the entire basement. Of particular note was a door that led to the pool behind the house. This door was apparently there for maintenance, as it was a clunky chain link door like you'd see as a "service entrance". It mainly led to some gutters and drains behind the house. To actually reach the pool from there you'd need to climb up these gutters for about a full 10 feet. Still, it was easier than going through the kitchen and living room.

Things went to the Twilight Zone really quickly after reaching the concrete rim of the pool area. You see, there were clusters of birds there.

Dead birds. Birds whose remains had become calcified, effectively mummified alive. Many of them seemed to be fixed in an endless scream. Exploring the property quickly lead me to find that there were groups of dead mummy birds all over the place; some were on the lawn, others in a shady area by the side of the house, and others near the driveway. They were all manner of birds; some nearly as large as a human, while others were the size of doves and others were in between. Some were birds of prey, some were the docile domestic birds you see getting fed by people in parks. All of them dead, dry and preserved.

In one distant corner of the property, I found a very small group of pelicans that had suffered the same fate. These were spaced much farther apart than the others, and as I approached one of them it suddenly struggled to free itself from the gray mineral coating it had acquired. They weren't dead. Yet.

If you're familiar with Lake Natron, you pretty much know what these birds looked like (if not, you do NOT want click that link before bed). It's been a long time since I last saw or thought anything about that creepy place, so I have no idea what brought something similar to mind last night.

...and with that, I'm going to head to bed for tonight. Hopefully things won't be so bizarre tonight.

Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:25 am
Profile WWW

The other night I dreamed about a seal-like creature that would attack you if you tried to move away but become docile and bond with you when you touched it.

Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:02 am

Here is one of my recent dreams:

A few nights ago I dreamed I met a kitsune as a human. The kitsune summoned an ancient ice relic for me in front of my eyes. I grabbed the relic and looked at it, keeping the relic in my snow leopard paws taking a good look at it. Knowing it was probably some kind of magic trick I didn't want to accept the relic, so I offered it back. The kitsune then told me to keep it because I would need it. I wanted to try to give it back again, but the dream ended there.

I didn't wake up directly after the dream ended, what made me wonder how I remembered this.

Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Profile WWW

I had an interesting dream the other night.

I was in Hawaii and we discovered that in the shack we were staying in there was a young ghost called Benjamin. It was more like the "ghosts" in the real world though where he could only be contacted in the dead of night and only by him moving things. So I had a violin bow with a rubber band looped over the bow and my thumb at one end and my hand holding the rubber band taught at the other end. Benjamin tugged on the bow at the end with my thumb to talk to us. Up and down for yes and left and right for no. He also pulled on the bow to steer me. He took us to a whiteboard where he wrote his name and then lead us to a book in the study from a hundred years ago which talked about witches tying up people and burying them alive as part of their black magic. We guessed that Benjamin had been a victim of this and he confirmed and we also worked out with his help that his form of burial had meant that he was tied up with arms and legs behind his back so that he couldn't move and shoved into one of those small holes for coffins in the walls of crypts (except this was in a mausoleum and not a crypt) and then sealed in. So the next morning we went to the cops to ask for him to be exhumed so we could prove the murder and so he could be properly put to rest like he wanted. The chief cop refused though and we quickly worked out that his family had been involved in helping the witch bury Benjamin. So we ended up tying him up and going to the priests who owned the church/cemetery that had the mausoleum and they let us exhume him but just as we were starting to open the mausoleum I woke up.

So I never got to see Benjamin's killers brought to justice or him properly laid to rest.

Funny thing is though, I don't believe in ghosts. It was weird because in the dream I changed my mind and suddenly did believe in them. But IRL I don't believe in them. I believe they're demons trying to distract people from God and the Bible. I mean, the Bible says that once you're dead you're dead and that's it. There's no coming back. And black magic is purely demonic to me too.

Yet I believed in the dream.

So it was strange...

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the awesome Uncle Noob!

Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:05 pm
Profile WWW

Well, there's the Holy Ghost - and I believe in angels, and spirits of people that have yet to be born or be resurrected. Satan does have power on Earth, but God's power is greater, and we have the power to ask God for His power in delivering us from evil.

Interesting dream. I hope you didn't intend to leave the officer in Benjamin's place. :P :?

Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:56 pm

Recently I dreamt I saw four moons in the sky. They looked bigger than the moon usually does, and then I mean a lot bigger. Like trice as big. Not only that, but one of those moons even looked like it had a face. I was terrified by the sight, especially the faced moon. I called my dad so he could see it, but he started laughing after seeing two of the moons. He wanted to walk away after that, but I pointed after the faced moon, one of the two moons he hadn't seen yet. He laughed even harder and went back to work. At that point I panicked so much in the dream I woke myself up. That face-moon still gives me goose bumps when I think about it...

Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:04 pm
Profile WWW

I ate spray can in tortilla served to my by frog in italian restaurant :shock:

Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:27 pm

I had two very strange dreams last night, and thought I'd post them somewhere for posterity. Neither really needs much embellishment, so a short summary ought to do it.

The first dream involved me playing around with my collection of My Little Pony toys, but not in a way you'd expect. Instead of playing with toys like a little kid (eg: Andy playing with Buzz and Woody in Toy Story), I climbed up into the attic and rebuilt it as a living room of sorts scaled for the brushable line of ponies. This involved tearing out the floorboards and putting in teal carpet, replacing things that were hung on nails in the wall with decorations like mirrors or framed pictures, and even assembling a little hearth using construction paper and glue. For some reason, this dream had a heavy feeling of Christmas, and the decorations and toy furniture related more to the holiday than to the toys that would populate the place. There was even a brief glimpse of the Grinch.

The second dream was shorter, and possibly weirder. Definitely more furry. It was a YouTube video of myself talking to the camera in what is best described as a "studio". I was talking enthusiastically about things I'd be showing or doing on the channel, as if I was introducing myself and the channel to new viewers. The content revolved around gaming / Let's Play sort of stuff, but I don't think that was really relevant, as there were two other bits about this dream that were strikingly weird. The first thing was that I was an anthropomorphic reindeer, complete with antlers and a collar with bells on it (my nose was black however, so I obviously wasn't Rudolph for some reason). The other weird bit is that there was a mention outside of the video of this being "archival footage", as if I'd never uploaded anything else or survived to do so.

Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:23 pm
Profile WWW

Um. Well. I had an extremely weird dream tonight.
Let's see... I was on excursion to a school... Somewhere. I can remember seeing someone I saw when I was on excange with the Chech Republic... never got the location confirmed. We got a quick tour through the building. They told me to not come close to a statue they called the "rector". Later in the dream I touched it, and somehow some sort of fire monster appeared. I slayed the beast. Someone told me it had a second power source, never found out what they meant. Afterwards I saw someone trying to clear pot shards near a completely unlogically placed toilet or sink or so. I don't remember what it was exactly. But they dropped the shards. Now it turned in some sort of humanoid stone monster. I knew there was some sort of powerful book in the building it could want. The book was a book of monsters. It had a lock so none would read it, and if it'd fall in wrong hands it'd be very dangerous. I tried to bring it to safety, and I don't know why, but I brought it to an antiquair for taxation. I picked it up a few days later, never got to know the value. That monster followed me and popped up consistently. I tried to protect the book and a copy which seemed to come from that place too, by carrying them close with me. However the dream ended a short while later...

At the cross is love beyond hate, faith beyond doubt, and hope beyond despair.

Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:02 am

Last night I dreamed about finding myself in Zootopia as a wolf and learning the ropes of my new body and this strange new world.

Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next