Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Cleaning and maintaining the old mattress 

How often do you guys replace your mattress? We have a mattress at our home that is 12 years old and still, it is in a good shape. I heard that the mattress has to be replaced after 8-9 years of usage. Should I replace it? Does the old mattress affect your health? I found online that the old mattress can cause many health problems like back pain. I know sleeping on a bad mattress over a long period of time can cause neck pain or back pain. In addition to that, the bed bugs, bacteria, and moulds reside on the mattress can cause skin diseases and other infections. So I’m looking for some tips to keep my mattress clean and healthy.
I used to clean out the dust present on the mattress using a vacuum cleaner by gently moving the tool over the mattress. Then I rotate the mattress once in every month. Should I spray the mattress with any disinfecting spray to kill the bacteria? How should I resist the growth of the fungus and make it a good quality mattres? Also, please share any cleaning tips for the same.

Last edited by Annathos on Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:42 am
Site Administrator

To be honest, I never replace it until there's a problem. If your mattress is a good consistency I'd keep it as it is. But I'd just say disinfect it periodically, perhaps when you clean sheets, and you're good!

Welcome to the forum by the way! I removed the link because I'll admit it's a little suspicious, but I hope no hard feelings!

Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:59 am
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

this... seems like spam

Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]