Reply to topic  [ 1395 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 70  Next
The Introduction Thread 
Site Administrator

Introduce yourself here!

Hi everyone, I'm Sleet! I've been a furry for about 5 years and a Christian for all my life (or for as much of it as I can be considered of sufficient cognitive function to have a religion). I'm an Arctic fox and I've never changed my fursona (except for one week for novelty). I'm an amateur musician and I love music of almost all kinds. I also enjoy video games and books. I'm about to graduate with a bachelor's degree in biomedical engineering, and I have aspirations to become a research physician. I really like making friends so don't be afraid to talk to me in private if you want!

Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:17 pm
Profile WWW

I'm Dissension! I'm like Sleet, but without the interesting or socially-integrated parts.

(Sleet may now say something about me being down on myself. Alternately, he won't!)

Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:53 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Dissension has a bipolar self-esteem. I believe his occasional arrogance is him compensating for his insecurity.

He's actually a cool guy and is the writer of the popular webcomic, Housepets!

Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:59 pm
Profile WWW

Hi, I'm Carson. ^^

EDIT:
I'll add more. x3

I'm a coyosky (coyote/husky mix), and I've considered myself to be a furry for, oh, about 3 years now?
I like photography, computers, electronics, video games... all sorts of geeky things, basically.

If you'd like to chat, just send me a message. ^^

Last edited by Carson Coyote on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:11 pm
Profile YIM

Sleet wrote:
He's actually ... the writer of the popular webcomic, Housepets!

[ Am not! ]

Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:14 pm
Profile WWW

Hey everybody :)
I am Jakub Maciej Wojciech Liskowic :)

but you can just call me Liskowic :) XD

I am fure about hmmm...7 years now and i am Christian :) Polish Chatolic Church :)

I live in Poland in small but proud city called Lublin :)
I love sabre fighting sword fighting spear fighting...and i simply love WARHAMMER 40K !!! For the JES..ekhm.. I mean EMPEROR !!! XD

And i absolutelly prefered older version of this site :) but as long YOU are here so i will be here as well XD

Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:16 pm
Site Administrator

My name's Ian; I first "asked Jesus into my heart" when I was 5 but didn't really get saved until I was 11 or so. I've associated with the furry subculture for almost 8 years now, and 11 days from now will mark my 7th anniversary of membership on the original FFC! Some sort of gecko has been my fursona the whole time, and although I've had other characters (such as those for Species Change Week), I can't really see myself as anything else.

In college I majored in theatre, and I eventually hope to become a professional scenic carpenter or stage manager. I'm mostly into rock and electronic music; I play some guitar and make chiptunes. Not as much into reading as I used to be, but I hope to change that sometime soon.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:30 pm
Profile WWW

Aww, no individual introduction threads anymore? :(

Okay then, I'm ChewyChewy (real name Michael), and I was baptized into the Catholic Church as an infant, but fell away over time, and only recently (almost a year and a half ago) returned. God works in mysterious ways indeed, because I never could have predicted what happened that led me back. I won't go into detail here, but if anyone is interested I don't mind telling the tale.

I don't have a fursona, I prefer not to limit myself to only one character, but two of my most popular recent characters are Honey and Vanilla Cake, from the Housepets! forums. Those are the two characters in my avatar. Originally RPG characters, they've come to take a life of their own with stories that I've written about them. Honey is a collie and Vanilla is a Sheltie. Both are based on aspects of my own personality but both are also different from me (in more ways than the obvious).

Another character I've recently created that I like is Harriet Hedgehog. She's a little less developed than Honey and Vanilla but is a little closer to what might be termed an actual "fursona" than Honey and Vanilla are. But even Harriet is different from me in obvious ways--she's not only a hedgehog, but ten years old (and female), none of which I am.

I think that will do for an introduction for now, yes?

EDIT: We can report our own posts? :? How would that even work...?

Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:23 pm

ChewyChewy wrote:
EDIT: We can report our own posts? :? How would that even work...?

Hehe, I dunno, but I'm not gonna try to find out! x3

Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:40 pm
Profile YIM

so, this is like the third time I've done an Introduction thread in the last year for the same website. Its kind of surreal....

Anywho, I'm Tom; not my real name, but its something people started calling me after I started using TomIsAwesome as a screen name. I've been a christian my whole life, but a series of life circumstances have prevented me from ever really associating with any denomination over another. I've only ever officially associated with the Fandom (or even consciously admitted to myself) since I joined the old-old FFC, but I can recall being into it since middle school, if not earlier. I have a habit of fixating on one thing that I associate with myself, so I'm a raven, and that's probably not going to change anytime soon.

I have a personal fascination with Game Theory, and i typically realize this through strategy games (Risk, 40k, starcraft etc.) I'm a huge chess nerd, but I haven't had anyone to play with in a while, so I'm kinda rusty. if anyone is interested to play I'm always game (you see what I did there?!?). By extension, I'm really interested in what people like and why, so I always enjoying hearing about anything someone is really into.

@Liskowic: EMPRAH!....j/k I play eldar. :P

@Ian: Species Change Week....What and when is this?!?

Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:47 pm
Site Administrator

It's the first week in May, I think. Started in the Housepets! forum & crossed over to FA.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:56 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Actually it started in another forum, and my friend and I spread it to the Housepets! forum.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:00 pm
Profile WWW

Hi, I'm fackllsptz.

My fursona is Rainbow Dash.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:59 pm
Site Administrator

No mine is! *slap-fights*

Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:05 pm
Profile WWW

Syruss here

Crazy foxdragon, christian all my life (if you count a dark period during last teen years where things got rather skewed and weird), no specific demonination, though usually attending baptist churches.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:03 pm

The name is Salem. I'm a lion. I love to write and draw. I enjoy music much; it is a fluid being that keeps me sane. I used to be Christian, but I am now agnostic. I am Therian, but as with other spirituality, I have put it on hiatus. I feel overwhelmed when I consider the spiritual; like in those dreams where you are half blind and can't find your way home. I know that I -have- a home, but I can't see my way very well. So I've been taking a breather from things in that regard.

I live in an apartment on the edge of Denver, Colorado, USA. From time to time I get the urge to go somewhere far. This wanderlust is hard to deal with, because I usually can't sate it. I have a slight obsession with bags, satchels, packs, and various other wearable inventory expanders, thanks to the 2-months I played World of Warcraft in high school. I enjoy dancing when nobody is watching, and singing out loud even if people are staring at me. I have a profound zeal for marvelous and fantastical FAUNA OF AN ANTHROPOMORPHOLOGICAL PERSUASION. I enjoy certain webcomics, and some uncertain ones, too.

That's about all from me for now. I am friendly and like to talk to people, so feel free to PM or hit me up on Skype: Kreoche.

[EDITED By Reason of Whim and Fancy]

Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:36 am
Profile YIM WWW

Hello all!
I am Lea or Leap, and I found this page through Ian the Gecko from Facebook. I literally just joined it yesterday.

I don't yet have a fursona, but if I did I'm sure it would be canine. However, I am most well known for the creation of my Umbreon costume http://leap207.deviantart.com/art/Daylight-Umbreon-210324910, which I love to show off at the local conventions.

I was raised Lutheran, but my family stopped going to church when I was 13 or something. I tried to start going to church again recently, but find it a little difficult to go alone, so I usually seek God at home and have been reading through the Bible. (If anyone else in Colorado wants to meet up at church sometime I'm totally game!)

In my professional life, I work part time at a veterinary clinic and also own my own business for dog training.

I love to chat online and can be a tad-bit shy in person at first, but feel free to PM, e-mail me, or whatever.

I'm super excited to meet everyone here!

Leap

Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:48 pm
Profile YIM
Site Administrator

Awesome, you even work with animals! Every furry's dream. :3 (Well, a lot of them, anyway.) I can't be a vet 'cause I have too strong allergies, but I like studying to be a people doctor too!

Is there any reason you didn't decide to be an Umbreon?

Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:52 pm
Profile WWW

Yep, I'm living the dream!
Sorry to hear about your allergies. That's a bummer. :(
But people medicine is important too!

As to why I didn't pick Umreon? Well, It doesn't feel like a good match for me. It's someone else's character creation for which I am just a fan of. Plus I'm just a huge dog person, and umbreon is a fox or something I think.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:02 pm
Profile YIM

Eeee! <3 Leap I am so jealous of your fursuit :p a friend of mine would kill to get one like that!

Oh... I just realized I hadn't introduced myself yet! I'm Hunter and I'm a feral siberian husky, kinda wolflike. I'm also a therian, love fursuiting yet don't have a suit :| and consider myself to be kind of a christian deist. I love to talk to people so send me a pm whenever you guys! I'll also get my skype thing up soon so people can find me on there too.

*rolls over wagging, begging for belly rubs*

Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1395 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 70  Next