Reply to topic  [ 1395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70
The Introduction Thread 
Site Administrator

Welcome, Nick! It's great to have you here! Feel free to tell us about yourself if you like!

Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Welcome to FFC, Nick!

Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:29 pm
Profile WWW

Hi all you new people, welcome to FFC!

Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:06 pm

Hello Furry denizens of this message board.

Allow me to introduce myself, I am The_Shadow: a citizen of the invisible world who lurks unseen from the eyes of most mortals. Once I walked amongst you in body, but now I come to you in spirit, in friendship, to observe and learn about your community. Some of you have known me in the past: for better or for worse. For those few, I have returned once more to imbibe in your company. The rest you have yet to know me. I do not consider myself a furry (being part of an older and more established community), but I have sympathy for furry fans after having observed its growth these past 20 years. From time to time I might ask questions. Would you allow me to do so? Ask me any questions you wish. I will make an effort to reply in kind.

I will now dissipate back into the ethereal nothingness of the internet, from which I cloak myself, in order to await your response.

Mercury: * fy mjcsf sfzobset * cpoft * lopdl boe uif epps tibmm cf pqfofe *

Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:37 am
Profile WWW

Hey, welcome back, Shadow! It's great to have you! Did you have the same name before?

Please do feel free to ask as many questions as you like! We ask only that you ask them in a respectful manner. ^^

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the awesome Uncle Noob!

Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:25 am
Profile WWW

*tugs at a loose thread from the disappearing cloak and happily runs off with it*

Lookit I gots!

Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:58 am
Site Administrator

Welcome back to FFC! ^_^ Hope to see ya around lots!

Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:16 am
Profile WWW

Furrhan Blackwood wrote:
Hey, welcome back, Shadow! It's great to have you! Did you have the same name before?

Please do feel free to ask as many questions as you like! We ask only that you ask them in a respectful manner. ^^

Thank you for the welcome back. Have no fear. To be disrespectful would be uncharitable and contradictory to the teachings of our Lord. Whether that courtesy will be returned remains to be seen. As such, I am always a gentleman unless provoked to defend my honor.

To answer your question, I was well known by another name on this message board, but that was ages ago. I doubt there are many who would remember me anyway. Therefore, I feel it would be more beneficial to have a fresh start and allow others to get to know me better. Therefore, I choose to remain a person of mystery for the moment. Besides, all super heroes are required to have a secret identity. It's in the union regulations. We mustn't let my arch enemies get the best of me now, shall we?

To quote from The Scarlet Pimpernel:

We seek him here, we seek him there,
Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.
Is he in heaven? — Is he in hell?
That #$@&, elusive Pimpernel!

Tayi wrote:
*tugs at a loose thread from the disappearing cloak and happily runs off with it*

Lookit I gots!

The weed of crime, little fur, bears bitter fruit. :lol:

Sleet wrote:
Welcome back to FFC! ^_^ Hope to see ya around lots!

That might be a little difficult considering I’m usually invisible. ;)

Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:50 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

The_Shadow wrote:
That might be a little difficult considering I’m usually invisible. ;)
Well then! Like half the furry fandom is some type of canid, then, so to quote a famous Pokémon trainer, smell ya later! ;P

Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:03 pm
Profile WWW

Sleet wrote:
Well then! Like half the furry fandom is some type of canid, then, so to quote a famous Pokémon trainer, smell ya later! ;P

You mean half of those who participate in furry fandom likes to pretend to be some kind of canid, don't you? Actually, I believe The Anthropomorphic Research Project discovered that the most popular fursonna choice was hybrid: categorized as "other". The most popular mythical creature was Pokemon.

Here is The Anthropomorphic Research Project Lecture at Oklacon X if you haven't watched it yet.

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HczWdU4RQZY

I have never understood the development of the "fursonna." I think I first began seeing it back in the early 1990's. You might say I predate furry fandom in my interests. I was around when the "fandom" first began emerging from its earliest origins. I'm a fan of anthropomorphic literature and art; and I find furry, as a popular movement that split from the sci-fi and fantasy community, somewhat fascinating as a phenomenon. Most of us anthro fans spend our time in stuffy academic dens whiling away the hours reading William Caxton's translation of The History of Reynard the Fox or discussing the use of animal symbols and motifs amongst ancient peoples. It's all very stuffy and academic for the most part. We don't have engage in the same activities as fury fan do. Still, I do enjoy my personal interests. You'd almost have too, wouldn't you?

This is about the time I began noticing the emergence of furry fandom. These are highlights from Confurence 4. You can still see the science-fiction fantasy roots at this convention, and it was very different from what it is now.

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8frWD_yF_QQ

I would be curious to hear the thoughts and reaction from younger furry fans concerning how the fandom changed over the years. It does seem very different today then it was then. With your permission, I can start a separate topic for this discussion under the area entitled furry fandom. I don't want to clutter your introductions topic with my chit-chat.

Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:46 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Welcome back, Shadow! You do seem kinda familiar; on the old version of our site we had a member who was really into old-time radio, including your namesake, and he was also a gentleman (and a Catholic--I saw your profile :P).

I hope you'll stick around this time; I'm an admin here but also really approachable so if you ever need anything let me know.

Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:22 am
Profile WWW

The_Shadow wrote:
I would be curious to hear the thoughts and reaction from younger furry fans concerning how the fandom changed over the years. It does seem very different today then it was then. With your permission, I can start a separate topic for this discussion under the area entitled furry fandom. I don't want to clutter your introductions topic with my chit-chat.

Feel free to create it! You can create discussion topics for anything you like as long as there's not already an existing topic for the same!

The_Shadow wrote:
To answer your question, I was well known by another name on this message board, but that was ages ago. I doubt there are many who would remember me anyway. Therefore, I feel it would be more beneficial to have a fresh start and allow others to get to know me better. Therefore, I choose to remain a person of mystery for the moment. Besides, all super heroes are required to have a secret identity. It's in the union regulations. We mustn't let my arch enemies get the best of me now, shall we?

That's fair enough. We definitely don't want your "bat cave" discovered.

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the awesome Uncle Noob!

Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:20 am
Profile WWW

Well, hello, everyone! I'm Riley, and I joined your group today. I've had some rough patches with God, but my faith with him is growing stronger with each passing day, and I couldn't be more thankful. I've been a furry for about a year or so (give or take a few months) and, to be honest, it's a lot better than I've expected! A lot of nice people who are there for a nice conversation, a tight hug, or a great joke. I can't wait to get to know you all!

Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:08 pm
Site Administrator

Welcome! Good to have you here. Never forget God loves you always. :3

Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:13 pm
Profile WWW

Welcome aboard, Riley!

Romans 10:13

Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:31 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70