Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Leaving? Returning? Let us know! 

I am not "back"--I just want to reclaim my stories.

Apparently I can't just delete the posts, not even those no one has responded to, and I don't want to make it look like someone hacked into my account by just substituting "[deleted]" for the content of every single post without explanation.

I guess I'm kind of paranoid with regard to exact rules but I've read that writersrelief, for example, won't accept short stories or poems that have been published anywhere else, and that includes online. I don't want the existence of my stories here to interfere with such a thing if it can be helped.

Anyone have any useful advice in that regard?

Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:01 pm

I'd suggest you send Diss, Ian or Sleet a PM. They have admin tools that they can use to just delete all your posts from the forums in one fell swoop.

Sorry to hear you won't be rejoining us but best of luck wherever else you find yourself!

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the awesome Uncle Noob!

Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:08 pm
Profile WWW

Furrhan Blackwood wrote:
I'd suggest you send Diss, Ian or Sleet a PM. They have admin tools that they can use to just delete all your posts from the forums in one fell swoop.

Sorry to hear you won't be rejoining us but best of luck wherever else you find yourself!

Thanks for the suggestion.

As a Catholic Christian my conscience won't let me return unless and until I see unequivocal proof that this forum has improved and become more truly Christian since I was last here. If it has, so much the better. If not, then once my stories are reclaimed I am gone.

Last edited by ChewyChewy on Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:32 pm

It's improving, but every single one of us needs improvement. None of us are perfect, but instead of fighting and pointing fingers and attacking one another and running away, why not unite in our differences to lead to understanding and unity and love and life so that we can work on our selves and each other?

Joshua chapter 1, verse 9.

Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:39 pm
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

Still the same guy you always were, it seems, Chewy.

I don't think you have to worry about your stories that you posted here, since they're unlikely to be published in the exact format they're currently in--you'd have to edit and improve them to the point where what you put here would only be the initial drafts, and whatever you submit for publication would be significantly different.

If by "reclaim your stories" you mean "delete everything you posted in the "writing" subforum" then I'm happy to say that one of the mods would be able to clear that up for you in no time. I fully support this course of action being taken ASAP if you wish it.

Be sure to let a mod or admin know exactly what you want deleted so that they don't miss anything.

Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:00 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Hey Chewy, the deed is done. I hope those stories serve you well; you're still welcome here as long as you stay respectful of everyone and stuff. ^.=.^

Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:02 pm
Profile WWW

I have some obligations I need to devote my time to and that means that I am taking a hiatus from all my online accounts to prevent any distractions. I should be back soon.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:20 pm

Best of luck, Serg! See you on the other side!

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:46 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

See ya soon, Sergei!

Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:08 am
Profile WWW

i've been inactive for a long time, i don't really have anything in common with most users here either religiously or politically, and there's been enough offensive asides in various discussions that i think i'm just gonna officially call it quits. i'm assuming anybody who wants to talk has already added me elsewhere, so yeah. not really a big deal but i figured i'd at least say something

Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:06 pm
Site Administrator

That's a real shame to see you go. :( I know we still talk and all so this isn't goodbye, but this is where we met, and you're my third-oldest FFC friend, so I'll admit it's a bit sad to know you're leaving!

Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:36 pm
Profile WWW

Sergei wrote:
I have some obligations I need to devote my time to and that means that I am taking a hiatus from all my online accounts to prevent any distractions. I should be back soon.

Although I still have several things I have to give my attention too, I have finished the urgent ones, meaning that as long as things are normal at home, I'm back for the time being.

Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:33 pm
Site Administrator

Hurrah! Welcome bark!

Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:36 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Hi, Serg!

Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:56 pm
Profile WWW

Yay! Welcome back, Serg!

Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:26 am
Profile WWW

I guess i never mentioned I'd be leaving, but I am returning now

I kinda sorta maybe got a little bit married last night to my wonderful fiancee - now wife :P

Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:25 pm
Site Administrator

SOCIAL MEDIA TRIPLE CROWN.

Congrats, Koshka. :3

Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:36 pm
Profile WWW

Concatulations Koshka and Madame Lollipop!

*with a happy grin, throws rice against your knees*

Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:20 am

Congrats to you two! All teh best for your new future together! :D

Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:05 am
Profile WWW

I wish you two happiness. :)

Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next