Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Weird Dreams! 
Site Administrator

So I had an odd dream tonight, and a few of you were in it.

So I was in some city. I was in some sort of big race-type event that went across streets and had a lot of people. The starting area felt like the biggest crosswalk at my alma mater, except everything was bigger. It was split into small legs, each of which was basically just crossing a street (but, remember, these were pretty wide streets). And there were gimmicks, like one was race walking. Eventually, I find myself in a grassy field. A bunch of people are still in "lanes" from the race, but gradually it stops being that (and stops being urban), and for some reason it starts being a MLP meetup thing. At one point a song by a brony musician I have a crush on was playing but dream-me didn't even think to try to see if he was there so I could meet him. In the line to the right of me was a guy from college who I barely even talked to, can't remember his name, but only recognize his face. To my left was Dissension, who typed a number in his dumbphone and showed it to me, telling me to contact the media in case they might want to cover such a huge MLP meetup. I told him I'm scared (which I would be, to call strangers from the news like that). In front of all of us (who are still in our lines, but which gradually disperse into a general crowd), there's a girl burning a small American flag. I watch, confused, while a guy starts burning a larger one. When the whole thing burns down, them holding only the pole, they show it was just some sort of a magic trick while the guy does something and the flagpole shoots flowers into the audience (like, with stems and everything). I went up to grab a flower, and dove on it for some reason. Being on the ground now, a friend (who I've had since elementary school) calls me over, telling me that we're supposed to be ordering. Now there's randomly menus (like restaurant-style) and we're looking for stuff to order. Fackel suggests something. I don't take the suggestion. I'm mostly looking for something that's under $4 or some sort of drink with alcohol. No idea why those were my criteria. I wake up before I'm successful.

Feel free to share any weird dreams y'all have had!

Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:20 am
Profile WWW

Reposted from my Tumblr:

Quote:
Back on Saturday (June 14th) the neighbor’s rather large pitbull mix got loose and ended up tangling his lead in the flower arrangement on our porch. This situation was eventually resolved with the assistance of the local police. There were no injuries and little enough property damage that it really doesn’t count for anything. However, mom’s extremely afraid of large dogs, and had a pretty big breakdown thanks to this.

Now, I’m mentioning the incident again because we just got into a discussion about what we dreamed about the night this happened.

Mom, naturally, had a nightmare. It was about a gryphon attacking her. She tried to run away, but wasn’t able to do so. She was eventually saved when one of the clerks from the bird food store came over and got the gryphon.

I on the other hand dreamt about a madman that used a stealth teleporter device to kidnap people in the supermarket, whereupon he’d turn the victim into a ball jointed doll, dress them up in fine Victorian-era garments and sell them as part of a rare collection.

You can also tell I stayed up way to late last night, because I’m finding this non-sequitur ending hilarious.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:29 pm
Profile WWW

UGuardian wrote:
I on the other hand dreamt about a madman that used a stealth teleporter device to kidnap people in the supermarket, whereupon he’d turn the victim into a ball jointed doll, dress them up in fine Victorian-era garments and sell them as part of a rare collection.

Reminds me of Dishonored for some reason <:D

Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:46 pm
Profile WWW

Really? Hmm. Perhaps I should move that one up the backlog a might.

Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:41 am
Profile WWW

Yea came home sick from work. Sour stomach. Anyway passed out and had this crazy dream. I was in the civil war, and people were turning into zombies. Lots of gross gore, and that is as far as I can go before it gets bad. Then I woke up turned over and fell back asleep till 2pm.

Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:13 pm

Well, okay, I just woke up from a super weird dream. Okay first, it was just me and Madame Lollipop chatting via some really odd futuristic looking chat program, but it kept lagging and she was sending me a bunch of messages that didn't go through until the nest morning so I thought she was ignoring me, but then they all suddenly showed up in the morning. So then, her and I both decided to go to Japan separately for some reason, getting different hotels and flights and stuff, but we still planned on meeting up over there, so we did, and I tried to give her a hug but we were carrying too much stuff and apparently neither one of us thought to put any of it down so we just walked to our different hotels. When I got to mine one of my managers from work was there and offered to share a room with me to cut down on costs, and I said yes, but all of a sudden she took back her offer and said she didn't want to stay with somebody who had had demonic experiences (which I've never had, but apparently in the dream I was somehow moderately famous for having a really scary encounter with a demon). She didn't want to stay in the same room as me because she was afraid it would come attack me again, even though I assured her it had been a very long time since that had happened. But I got to thinking about that more, and couldn't sleep, so I just walked around the hotel and walked around Japan a little bit, before finally deciding it wouldn't happen again and going to my hotel room. Sure enough, when I laid down, I closed my eyes and opened them up to see the demon at the foot of my bed - I'll spare you all the details of what it looked like because it was pretty horrifying, though if you want to know I'll PM it to you. The dream started to feel lucid at this point but I was totally paralyzed by fear as it slowly stood up and walked towards me on my bed. But then suddenly I got a burst of what I think must have been courage; I was still terrified but I could think straight and make rational decisions, so I stretched my hand towards it and shouted "In the name of Jesus, I command you, GO!" And then there was a huge blast of gold light, and it was gone. And then I woke up.

Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:44 am

Wow Kosh, that's deep! o_o

Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:25 am
Profile WWW

Let it be known that I don't have any really bizarre dreams involving Koshka!
In general though most of my dreams are really weird and occasionally disturbing. I had one dream a few years ago which was the most real-feeling and disturbing dream I've ever had. I don't really wanna post it here but if you're curious you could ask me about it.
I've had more benignly weird ones, like this one time I dreamed I was a male character in a murder mystery game and instead of doing anything productive about the murder or the mystery, I just decided to romance the ladies and ended up with two girlfriends.
I had a dream once that I had a girlfriend, and she was intent on bathing me. I found that really distressing.
There was another one where I dreamt I had like, a skin disease. I can only remember my hands were terribly discoloured and ugly and I was really relieved when I woke up and saw that they were normal.
One time in high school I had a dream that one of my teachers was madly in love with me.
Some dreams that weird me out are ones where I'm somewhere and it's like, 'oh my gosh, I know this place'. I end up in places I can identify as my house, or school, or whatever. I find them weird because it makes me feel like I have this whole other dream life that I'm only seeing bits and pieces of.

Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:27 pm
Site Administrator

I woke up from this one dream where I was responding to an ad that some big church downtown posted looking for someone to play this parrot mascot character they had for kids' church.

Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:49 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Pfft. Furries.

I had a dream where I was at a wedding reception and they played literally nothing but Sinatra. Kinda a lame dream. :P

Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:13 am
Profile WWW

I tend to forget dreams I have, except this one time where I was in a slasher movie set and it turned out to be a game of hide and seek with Jason and Freddy Krueger. I lost when I hid under a table in a house. I think I peed myself in the dream..

Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:25 pm

I was playing chess with coca-cola bottle in the middle of the forest...then suddenly a dear appeared and said to us we have to hide his invisible grandmother because a wild wolverine is trying to eat her O.o
So we told her to hide on the top of tree and we were trying to convince wolverine to go away politely

WTF is wrong with my head? O.o

Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:17 am

My Recent Dream :

I was in my high school, walking through a crowd of people, not paying attention to anyone's features. As I reach the staircase I get a little overzealous and jump the railing of the stairs. About half-way down I have that *Oh Bugger* moment. Then impact. I laugh and just get right back up. Seeing my buddy Karden standing over me, chuckling like he always does at my antics. I just say "Well, that was amusing." and we begin walking.

It just ended ubrubtly, thanks to my iPhone's alarm.

Artist of my Profile Picture

Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:21 am
Profile WWW

I had a nightmare wherein I found out that my pansies were really petunias and my petunias were really pansies.

Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:11 pm

I just had a dream that might be an interesting movie idea.
So time travel had apparently just been invented. I was part of a group of film producers, and there was a company that did historical research and archiving that was considering offering us a contract to go back in time and try to film some of the most important scenes in history, along with scenes of just everyday life. We were competing with another, more experienced group for the contract, although we ended up getting it because they seemed to ruthless and seemed more like they only cared about the money. It kind of fast forwarded to when we were back in time, and it was about the time of the 1920s. I was sitting with some American soldiers on a military base, just talking to them and pretending to be from the 1920s myself, using really old cameras and stuff to record too, so they wouldn't get suspicious, since they apparently never asked why I was recording them. One of the soldiers was talking about all the technological advanvcements that happened in the 1920s the same way we get amazed about advanvced technology today, and even remarked, "Man, we live in such an advanced time," not even suspecting I was from the future. We kept talking for a while until I saw a man walk by with a really modern looking camera; I started following him sneakily, and he walked onto what looked like a set to shoot a modern movie, with all kinds of lighting and cameras from my own time, and sure enough, the leader of the the film production team that had lost the contract to mine was there; somehow they'd gotten here anyway, probably found a less moral company to pay them for it. I started to get close when I realized that they'd put a lot of spikes and things in the ground to keep people away, but I stepped over them and yelled this at him: "You build almost a minefield to keep us out, you contaminate their time with technology from our time, and you expect me to believe you ever gave a damn about history?! It's always been about the money for you!!!" I woke up after he slammed his camera down in frustration and punched me in the face.

Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:02 am

I had a really weird dream the other night. I was running around with Rocky and Bullwinkle and we went into the bottom of a tall building that looked like the clinic where I had my wisdom teeth out but which was a bank, I think, in my dream. We went in through the guys bathroom and into a long hallway and we were running down the hallway until we went into a side room. In this side room there were two sets of double doors, one adjacent to the single door we'd come in through and one at right angles to them at the end of the room and up a short ramp. I went into the room up the ramp and found it to be like a greenhouse and also full of chickens. It was very warm in both rooms. I went back into the other room and I put on a surgical mask to disguise myself because there were boxes of them and other medical supplies on a shelf against the wall opposite where we'd come in. Then we decided to open the double doors up the ramp as well as the other set of double doors so as to let all the chickens out so they could stampede and chase Boris Badenov and Natasha Fatale away.
Then I woke up.

What does it all mean?

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the awesome Uncle Noob!

Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:58 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

It means you have some unresolved parental issues. :p

Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:22 am
Profile WWW

I had a dream that I was married to some dude I knew in like sixth grade, but I didn't even really remember that we were married and his mother was really mean to me for some reason so I was apparently going to push her down the stairs? But then she never went to the stairs so I just cried and said I wanted a divorce and my mother told me that was okay because divorces only cost like $9.

I also had a dream that there was an anime about Missile from Ghost Trick. Now I kind of really wish there was.

Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:32 pm

I was attacked by vampire bunnies and I had to fend them off with a frying pan. :shock:

Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:50 pm
Profile WWW

TinFoilHats wrote:
I was attacked by vampire bunnies and I had to fend them off with a frying pan. :shock:

10/10 WOULD READ AGAIN!!!

Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next