Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Zootopia 

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

-G.K. Chesterton

Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:35 pm

Movie looks awesome! I especially like the fox character. Seems to be a lot of fun.

...And that tagline is enough to almost make one wonder if they're appealing to furries on purpose.

Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:57 pm

deleted

Last edited by MisterFox on Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:43 pm

*sniffs*

... the entire trailer just smells like furry ... which is good, in that it throws some water on the conspiracy theory that Disney is shying away from films with morphic animals on purpose because of the fandom...

Aaand... music by Adam Young?

Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:55 pm
Site Administrator

MisterFox wrote:
Worked on by people who made Frozen and Big Hero 6? This is like a dream come true!
So... Disney? :D

I'm super excited!

Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:09 pm
Profile WWW

If OwlCity does a promotional theme that would be owlsome!!!

This movie looks interesting, nice to see Disney acknowledging that Furries are just like any other fanbase.

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:19 pm

Okay, that just looks amazing. Can't wait until that comes out in cinemas... Problem is, I don't know when that's gonna happen. It'll probably be a lot later than at where most of you are translations :/

Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:00 pm
Profile WWW

Well, this will likely inadvertently generate public appeal about anthro animals, and perhaps that appeal may rub off on our fandom. Let us hope, huh?

Very interesting film. I hope I comes out in Europe as well.

Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:50 pm

Looks like a lot of fun, though my fear with movies that are relevant to my interests is always that they will flop. I really hope it doesn't suck.

Sleet wrote:
MisterFox wrote:
Worked on by people who made Frozen and Big Hero 6? This is like a dream come true!
So... Disney? :D

Yea honestly that claim always seems vague to me. It could be different teams, animation studios, writers, producers. I haven't looked into it but I'm really hoping they have a half way decent team/budget.

Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

I'm sure they will. I don't think Disney half-cusses any "flaghsip" movies these days.

But yeah, this is gonna recruit so many furries.

Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:22 pm
Profile WWW

Is this considered a flagship movie? I honestly have no idea how to gauge how much a corporation like Disney has invested into a film. It was easy with things like Frozen and Tangled, and all the Pixar films, but it seems to get more muddled with a lot of other CGI films.

Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:32 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

I just say "flagship" in that it's going to be part of the normal Disney canon. As opposed to the million subsidiaries they have and the spinoffs and the whatevers. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be in the same "tier" as Frozen.

Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:05 pm
Profile WWW

Sleet wrote:
I just say "flagship" in that it's going to be part of the normal Disney canon. As opposed to the million subsidiaries they have and the spinoffs and the whatevers. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be in the same "tier" as Frozen.

Let's hope so! Again, I'm all for the idea, I just dont want it to flop

Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:08 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

The trailer said the only animals in this movie are mammals. I'm gonna boycott it. *GRUMP*

Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:09 pm
Profile WWW

I don't know if the rumors are true, but Disney did used to crank out anthro animal toons like nobody's business (Robin Hood, The Rescuers, Great Mouse Detective, Ducktales, Rescue Rangers, Gummy Bears, Tale Spin, etc.). Then they seemed to stop. What was the last one in the 2000's? Chicken Little? And I hate to sound pessimistic, but the only way this may help furries is if the director/s were GOHs or premiered the film at Anthrocon or prominent figures of the fandom were crew members.

Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:38 pm
Site Administrator

What were the rumors you're talking about.

I think mostly they just went out of fashion. This may be an attempt to return to form, kind of like The Princess and the Frog was. Hopefully this does well, considering how well that went... :/

I don't think premiering at Anthrocon would do much for the movie. I think it would sour the image for a lot of people (even if that's unfairly assumed.)

Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:17 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

I think the significant thing about Zootopia is that (1) the characters are human-sized, as opposed to The Rescuers and Great Mouse Detective and (2) they live in a human-like city, in contrast to the woods of Robin Hood but indeed calling back to Rescue Rangers or TaleSpin. So in a way Disney is continuing some of its old traditions.

Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:45 am
Profile WWW

The rumors I referred to (should have used Tayi's term "conspiracy theory") is furries scared Disney off anthro. I was thinking of Lauren Faust and Hasboro's interaction with Bronies with the Anthrocon thing. Bronies still have a stigma, but the interaction gives a bit of legitimacy to it.
Don't know if a Disney-sponsored furry convention would work.

Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:02 pm
Site Administrator

I don't think Disney really thinks that "small." I strongly doubt they're worried about the furry stigma.

Also, considering the 100th episode, I don't think MLP is exactly scared of its adult fans either. *giggles*

Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:56 am
Profile WWW

DIS MOVIE BEDDER HAVE CAHTS

Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:56 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next