Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
New Furry, what should I explore? 

As some of you might know, I'm actually a shiny brand-new furry. I want to get more into the fandom so any suggestions of sites, webcomics etc. Would be most appreciated!

(B.F. Westcott)

Sun May 22, 2016 3:22 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Well my go-to recommendation for a webcomic is Housepets! It's not just for furries but it's got a ton of furry fans.

Sun May 22, 2016 3:38 pm
Profile WWW

Sleet wrote:
Well my go-to recommendation for a webcomic is Housepets! It's not just for furries but it's got a ton of furry fans.

Of course you'd say Housepets! =P

what kinda stuff do you like! Art? Webcomics? stories?

Here's a youtube animator I like that's fun.

Why not make your own character! We got a few talented artists, like Tica, who you could probably talk into a cheap commission.

Roleplay's are fun. Why not think of a cute scenario and throw it in the roleplay forum, play with your character a little!

We have a skype chat that, on occasion, is in character, that's fun too!

Weasyl and r/furry are some fun places to explore some good art too!

-G.K. Chesterton

Sun May 22, 2016 10:48 pm

Furry Network is a new furry site that's growing fast that you could try.
Other than that... I'm loathe to recommend FurAffinity especially in light of the recent massive security breach but it is still the largest community of furs. That said, you need to be careful on FA as there is a significant amount of adult material and people don't always abide by the rating system that's supposed to let you filter what you see.
Other than that, there's a great little forum/community called FFC that you should definitely check out! :P

As to webcomics, I can give you a whole list. Here's some of my favourites, in no particular order:
  • Savestate - a comic about dogs obsessed with video games
  • Curtailed - following the hilarious lives of a cartoonist leopard and her fox husband
  • Lackadaisy Cats - Following the cats running and stocking a speakeasy during the Prohibition in St. Louis.
  • The Whiteboard - Anthro animals playing paintball and getting into all kinds of shenanigans after hours.
  • Peter and Company - What if a child's imaginary friend was actually his guardian angel? This comic also has its own following and skype chat
  • Faux Pas - Following an actor fox, his wild wife, a crazy chicken, and all the other animals that live in the barn at Green Mountain Studios in Colorado
  • Doc Rat - A hilarious and sometimes moving comic following the life of Doctor Benjamin Rat. This comic is drawn by a real doctor and touches on many real-world issues.
  • College Catastrophes - Following a bunch of animals in their hilarious exploits through college. Now finished and succeeded by Nine To Nine
  • Nine To Nine - Following the animals from College Catastrophe as they join the work force, start their masters degrees and PH.Ds and get into all kinds of mischief
  • Swords and Sausages - By the same artist as CC and 929. Follows a tiger and an Arctic fox through as medieval world as they try to survive. Warning: contains occasional adult content.
  • Freefall - The story of a genetically engineered wolf who was "hired" by a chaos-prone alien named Sam to be the engineer on his spaceship. This comic features moral and ethical dilemmas, lessons in microgravity, classic doggy antics, a corrupt corporation, a murderous spaceship computer that wants its captain dead, and a great deal of comedic thievery.
  • Twin Dragons - A comic about "hybrids", people who are born with animalistic characteristics that science can't explain.
  • Housepets - A comic that answers the question of what our pets would do if they were anthropomorphic and intelligent. Quite funny and at times moving and it has a great forum, fan base and Skype chat. Has won the Ursa Major Awards (major awards in the furry community) seven times running.

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the awesome Uncle Noob!

Mon May 23, 2016 9:28 am
Profile WWW

TomIsAwesome wrote:
what kinda stuff do you like! Art? Webcomics? stories?

Here's a youtube animator I like that's fun.

Betsy Lee!! Tom and I are fanboys. Another webcomic I found that i really like is 'SaveState'

Mon May 23, 2016 7:51 pm
Profile WWW

One of the comics I like is TwoKinds. It can be pretty dark at times, but it's pretty good.

Tue May 24, 2016 7:37 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

My non-furry friend even read that, so that's a pretty good vote of confidence for something furry!

Tue May 24, 2016 11:52 am
Profile WWW

I'd just like to add Little Tales ( http://www.little-tales.com/ ). Currently updates very rarely, but I think it's absolutely hilarious and Gen and her husband are Anglican too, if I'm not mistaken...

Tue May 24, 2016 1:06 pm

Tayi wrote:
I'd just like to add Little Tales ( http://www.little-tales.com/ ). Currently updates very rarely, but I think it's absolutely hilarious and Gen and her husband are Anglican too, if I'm not mistaken...

I have been binge reading this comic for hours now. It says that she updates Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays - has she become inactive?

Tue May 24, 2016 8:39 pm

Douglas Collier wrote:
I have been binge reading this comic for hours now. It says that she updates Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays - has she become inactive?

Pretty much, if I remember correctly, she just has too much regular work to keep up. The latest comic was a couple of weeks ago, so there is an update roughly once every few months or so.

Wed May 25, 2016 12:14 am

Aw. :(

Wed May 25, 2016 2:11 am

Hi! Just wanted to say thanks for all the recommendations. I'd have posted this sooner, but... Too many good webcomics!
Thanks to you all, I've now finished my binge.

(B.F. Westcott)

Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]