Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Tell me about your characters! 

So as you guys already know, I'm big into characters. It's a big part of what makes furry fun for me; not just pretending to be animal people, but the stories and worlds we build around it!

So for those of ya who have it, I wanna know about your characters! What worlds and fantasies have you written? What cool skills do you have, or adventures you go on? I'd love to hear you share!

and if you need guidance, I'm happy to ask questions too!

-G.K. Chesterton

Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:24 am

http://toyhou.se/koshi/characters

^all my characters here!
they don't have any detailed backstories atm but I may add some someday. will post again here (or at least edit the post) if I do.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:02 am
Site Administrator

I haven't really had much chance to do proper role playing, so my "characters" are really just me, adapted into any given setting! For instance, my fursona is just me as an arctic fox, though I've established physical features so I can be drawn and stuff! There's a story behind why I lost my gold-colored right eye and got it replaced by a cybernetic eye, but I like to keep that open-ended. Kinda like The Joker's past. ;P

Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:59 pm
Profile WWW

Sleet wrote:
I haven't really had much chance to do proper role playing, so my "characters" are really just me, adapted into any given setting! For instance, my fursona is just me as an arctic fox, though I've established physical features so I can be drawn and stuff! There's a story behind why I lost my gold-colored right eye and got it replaced by a cybernetic eye, but I like to keep that open-ended. Kinda like The Joker's past. ;P

dork~

so anyone else?

-G.K. Chesterton

Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:13 am
Site Administrator

Oh gosh, I have at least 20 characters, very few of whom have actual written backstories or whatever. Here's a sampling.

Ian my main sona grew up in a musical family and learned to play lots of different keyboard and string instruments. He works as a professional musician/producer/DJ in addition to playing in a worship band at his church. Ian keeps a somewhat naively optimistic outlook on life, the "If you can dream it, you can do it!" paradigm.

Magnus is also a gecko but has an unusual genetic defect that makes him really buff and strong; despite his height of 4 and a half feet, his impressive physique has led him to become a world champion bodybuilder and powerlifter several times over, including the title of World's Strongest Lizard.

Huck Rockfort is a mouse barbarian I originally created for a friend's D&D campaign. He seeks adventure so future generations will sing songs of his heroic deeds.

Reagan Kennedy Washington is a ridiculously patriotic gryphon, born on July 4, 1776. I created him for Species Change Week four years ago and have kept him around ever since.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:56 am
Profile WWW

My main character is my fursona, Furrhan. Here's his info:

Furrhan's Info wrote:
Name: Furrhan Blackwood
Species: Eastern Quoll
Height: 1.65’ (0.5m) when standing on hindlimbs
Length from nose to end of tail: 2’ (0.6m)
Dimensions: Head diameter 5.1cm, head height 6.7cm tall, legs length: 23.45cm, body length excluding head: 20.15cm, tail length: 33.15cm
Weight: 1.2kg (2.65lb)
Description: Fawn on top, lighter underside. White spots on back, arms, legs but NOT on head and NOT on tail. Spots are smallish, but not tiny, and numerous. One larger spot on left shoulderblade with a smaller spot underneath it in the shape of a cartoony Australia and Tasmania rotated about 20 degrees to the left. Pale pinkish inner ears and paws, nose is redder than the typical quoll. Digitigrade, with the ability to walk on two legs or all fours. Fit, agile and strong but doesn’t appear wiry or muscular. Tail is fairly straight-shaped, narrow-ish, and fluffy but not poofy and tapers gradually until a blunt tip at the end. When held upright, the tailtip is just slightly above the ear tips. Small horizontal scar on the outside of the base of the left thumb where it joins to the paw, larger scar on inside of left knee and lower right shin but scars on legs are hidden under the fur and are thus not visible, unlike the one on the paw which can be seen.
Wears: Dark green (Hunter or Forest green) cargo shorts, a pale-coloured broad-brimmed hat somewhat like an Akubra, and a small pendant handing on a dark-coloured string around his neck which he carved from Tasmanian Blackwood. The pendant features his personal coat of arms and his motto which is “Deus Vincit Ergo Vincit Ego”, “God has won therefore I have won”. Also wears black-framed glasses with rounded rectangular lenses.
Personality: Quiet and reserved until he gets to know you. Always willing to lend an ear and a paw, Furrhan knows and sees more than he lets on, even if he doesn't fully realise it himself. Never short of a pun, he loves to muck around with his friends but appreciates having space to relax and time to withdraw and reflect on his own at the end of the day. His friends call him weird but they also call him wise (although he'd never say that of himself) and they often look to him for advice and confide in him their troubles. Honest and reliable, Furrhan is devoutly Christian and a family quoll, having a large family to whom he's very close. One day he might like to start a family of his own but for now he's happy childless with his fiancée, Serence, and intends to remain that way.
Likes: Playing alto saxophone, hiking, reading, eating bandicoots, writing stories and poetry, cooking, listening to jazz and show tunes, cider, quiet, solitude, waterfalls, Christianity
Dislikes: Fish/seafood, olives, heavy metal/screamo, rap, manual labour, crowds, being woken up, profanity, romance/horror genres
Powers: Has power over plants (can grow, modify, shrink and vanish them in any shape or pattern he desires as well as making their pollen and sap have different properties), can teleport himself and others if he’s touching them, can read thoughts as long as his paw is on the person’s forehead, and is a toon and so follows toon physics and toon luck.

I haven't written a back story for him or any other stories about him but I do RP with him often.

The other characters I have are all specifically created for RPs on the Housepets forums.

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the awesome Uncle Noob!

Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:53 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Ian wrote:
Oh gosh, I have at least 20 characters, very few of whom have actual written backstories or whatever. Here's a sampling.

Ian my main sona grew up in a musical family and learned to play lots of different keyboard and string instruments. He works as a professional musician/producer/DJ in addition to playing in a worship band at his church. Ian keeps a somewhat naively optimistic outlook on life, the "If you can dream it, you can do it!" paradigm.

Magnus is also a gecko but has an unusual genetic defect that makes him really buff and strong; despite his height of 4 and a half feet, his impressive physique has led him to become a world champion bodybuilder and powerlifter several times over, including the title of World's Strongest Lizard.

Huck Rockfort is a mouse barbarian I originally created for a friend's D&D campaign. He seeks adventure so future generations will sing songs of his heroic deeds.

Reagan Kennedy Washington is a ridiculously patriotic gryphon, born on July 4, 1776. I created him for Species Change Week four years ago and have kept him around ever since.
I actually had no idea his name was Reagan Kennedy Washington. That's fantastic.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:21 am
Profile WWW

Ironically, the only character of mine that doesn't have much background or even artwork is my fursona.

I have a pantheon of characters otherwise, some of whom were never given a proper name. On the other hand, the character I've spent the most time thinking about over the past few years has never even been mentioned online, and I've recently decided to re-brand the character anyway. He's been equine this entire time, but lately I've been thinking it might work better to make him ursine instead, as it would make him easier to draw and his head's design never really fit the body type.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:27 am
Profile WWW

I usually stick to the following chars:
My main is Fayam Aerial, white-tail sea eagle. His backstory is in a nutshell:
He came out of the egg late, so his parents thought it was dead. However a kind tourist decides he's going to raise him, and Fayam goes to seek out his parents. It's a happy reunion and he can take a family photo home.
My clearest second is Anna Steen, the white lioness. I made her white on purpose, because I think it's got a beauty to be different. She never got a backstory though.
My third secondary is Mary Love. She's black and again it's black on purpose. No backstory yet.
My least seen character is Hor'kuu Ice, an ice Leviathan. He's the Leviathan king too and married to Farrar Fire. I know, it's easily found out, a fire Leviathan. Hor'kuu has a backstory, but it's short:
Despite being raised with the idea that any not-Leviathan must die, as his grandfather did in the Extinction, he has a disgust for killing. He chose his wife with that in the back of his mind.
What's the Extinction, you ask? Long story short: a twelve-year long war in which all individuals that were not Leviathans were killed. Perhaps I'm going to put that history in the (deserted) writing section where nobody'll read it!

At the cross is love beyond hate, faith beyond doubt, and hope beyond despair.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:17 pm
Site Administrator

Sleet wrote:
I actually had no idea his name was Reagan Kennedy Washington. That's fantastic.

I know, right? I wanted to give him the most 'MURICAN name possible.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:43 pm
Profile WWW

This looks fun, why not?

Francis Shepherd is my main character and my fursona. He's a parish priest, about 6'5", is thin (verging on the scrawny) and originally trained as a linguist. Like a lot of clergy he's really quite shy. He has blue-grey eyes, that meant his parents were worried he would be blind before he left school, but luckily he kept his sight. These days he needs to wear glasses or contact lenses all the time. He has a cross shaped scar on his upper arm, which was left behind by a demon he exorcised.
His father died in a terrible road accident when he was training to be a priest, and Francis misses him every day.

(B.F. Westcott)

Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:53 pm
Profile WWW

Most people have probably already seen him bouncing around on the forum, but let's put a bit more story here:

My main character is Tayi, a 3 year old morphic bobcat. He doesn't have many special traits, except for his green eyes (which is apparently seen often in anthropomorphic lynxes, real-life lynxes have yellow eyes) and the fact that he can safely eat chocolate, which is a genetic variation only found in Belgium. His parents are unknown; he does have a last name, but that's more of a 'naughty name' than something official. Not that that happens intentionally, but wherever kids are, stuff tends to break. Wherever he goes, you'll also find his lion plushie nearby. It's much easier to gain his trust by talking to his lion than talking directly to him.

As he is just a toddler, most of his adventures take place around playgrounds and daycares, where his curiosity for the world around him and the furs in it never fully gets satisfied. Unless.. temporarily, after a bottle of milk when he crawls into a corner for a nap; if people aren't watching out, usually by pulling a blanket all the way up into one of the climbing structures or into a nearby tree.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:03 pm
Site Administrator

I feel woefully underprepared for furrydom compared to y'all with these stories. :P

Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:57 pm
Profile WWW

Don't feel too bad. Until now I haven't even bothered writing backstories. And I'll tell you that Hor'kuu's backstory was more or less accidental. Fayam's the only one I've put that effort into. XD

At the cross is love beyond hate, faith beyond doubt, and hope beyond despair.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:17 am

I made a tiny booboo in my character description. I'm plantigrade, not digi!

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:37 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Boo, digitigrade is best! *sticks his tongue out*

Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:27 am
Profile WWW

It ain't natural! :P *sticks tongue out*

Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:46 am
Profile WWW

Actually, it is kind of natural. :P
Furrhan Blackwood wrote:
It ain't natural! :P *sticks tongue out*

Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:32 am

:'D

these are great~

-G.K. Chesterton

Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:45 pm

I notice a suspicious lack of info about Tom here, Tom. Care to rectify that?

Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next