Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
What Are Furries? 
Site Administrator

[Link]

Here's a nice, well-laid-out primer on furries. I think it does a great job explaining things, though their data is rather skewed due to a very narrow sample.

Wed May 24, 2017 10:24 am
Profile WWW

Interesting.

Although I'm surprised at the 20-something percent of furries saying they're into fursuit sex. I bet if they asked those who own fursuits how many of them would be willing to use their suits for sex the figure would be practically nil. I mean, no one wants to ruin a $3000 piece of art with body fluids and rough play. Not to mention that most people would probably pass out doing that much vigorous activity in a suit. :P

I like that it acknowledged the sex but emphasised that it wasn't the be all and end all of the fandom. And I like that it showed how many different types of furries and ways of being furry there are too.

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the awesome Uncle Noob!

Wed May 24, 2017 9:26 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

That number is greater than the number of furries who actually own fursuits. I imagine that's just people who like the idea. Also this survey is going to over-represent more "extreme" furries so that number will be rather high (as will the number who own fursuits).

Wed May 24, 2017 10:02 pm
Profile WWW

Furrhan Blackwood wrote:
I like that it acknowledged the sex but emphasised that it wasn't the be all and end all of the fandom. And I like that it showed how many different types of furries and ways of being furry there are too.

I did see a bit of irony in that it declared again and again that sex wasn't integral to furries (for the vast majority at least) and yet still devoted an entire section of the survey to attitudes about sex :p

Thu May 25, 2017 9:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]