Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Disney Comics Paper Models 

Hi again! My apologies for making my first post so serious. Here's something more lighthearted, and usually along the lines of what I like to post and share.

I don't know if anyone here is into paper craft or models, but this site has a collection of paper models and games from old Disney comics (European editions). The instructions are in German, but easy to figure out (unlike plans from Ikea). I found this to be a relaxing activity one evening and nice little diversion away from the internet. It was actually a lot of fun. Try it for yourself. :)

Code:
http://www.seite42.de/e_index.htm

If you do decide to build these, I suggest printing them out in black and white first and building the model before using your color ink or going to your local print shop. It's the best way to figure out how everything needs to go. I'm was half way through the Nottingham castle build, when I realized I actually wanted to modify the model. So, it was a good thing I didn't waste my money on colored prints. Also, print out the work on some kind of thick paper or glue them onto poster board before you put together the finished model. The buildings will hold their shape better.

Post pictures if you build any. I'd love to see what you've made.

Mercury: * fy mjcsf sfzobset * cpoft * lopdl boe uif epps tibmm cf pqfofe *

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:30 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Does that have pictures of completed products?

Also, if you use [ url=www.sometimesredsometimesblue.com]Text here[ /url] without the spaces you can link to stuff!

Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:32 pm
Profile WWW

Sleet wrote:
Does that have pictures of completed products?

Also, if you use [ url=www.sometimesredsometimesblue.com]Text here[ /url] without the spaces you can link to stuff!

There are pictures of the completed models in the scanned magazine pages. Other than that, you have to find out what they look like by putting the models together. It's kind of like minecraft. Part of the fun is figuring out how to put all the pieces together and get something that looks good.

Personally, I haven't completed a model yet, but I can tell you the graphics are high quality and the castle keep looks good. When I get the money, I'm going print out all the sheets at my local print shop, but first I want to do some modifications so that it looks closer to what's int he original cartoon. They placed a square tower where there should be a round tower. I'll take pictures and share when I've completed it.

If you don't mind web pages tracking back to your website, I'll start posting the links as you suggested. At the other message board I frequent, everyone started posting links using the [code] tags for that reason. It's kind of become a habit. :lol:

Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:33 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

What exactly is the downside to tracking back?

Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:06 am
Profile WWW

Sleet wrote:
What exactly is the downside to tracking back?

It's just for privacy reasons and so people can see where they are linking to. Many websites can see where their web traffic is coming from and if they have been linked on a message board someplace. Copying and pasting the link in the browser simply mimics regular browsing activity rather than drawing attention to the link here. Someone on our message board linked to a historical website, and the owner got curious and joined our site to find out why. Of course, he ended up staying when he realized we were discussing historical radio broadcasts like himself, but someone else might not have been friendly or unhinged. Also, big websites like YouTube and the BBC already gather enough information about people online. I'll send you a link if you'd like to visit our website. It's not furry related, but still fun and the natives are friendly.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:46 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]