Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Peter Rabbit 
Site Administrator

Dang I love the look of this movie.

Shame it'll probably be dumb. :/ But I can hope!

Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:40 pm
Profile WWW

Sleet wrote:

You're right, it's probably going to be dumb. :lol:

I'm starting to think some animation writers have simply become lazy, or maybe the university art system has shut out all the truly talented people. Seriously, a lot of these 3-D movies are simply copying each other. The animal party concept was done in The Secret Life of Pets and in the Shaun the Sheep episode entitled Fetching. Hanna and Barbera did the same gag in 1950 with Tom and Jerry (except it was actually funny and creative).

Geez! Not every anthropomorphic cartoon has to have the same "animals sneak into the house and trash the place while the owners are away" scene.

Mercury: * fy mjcsf sfzobset * cpoft * lopdl boe uif epps tibmm cf pqfofe *

Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:35 pm
Profile WWW

Well that's... Interesting. It's definitely not going to even be close to canon. In the books, Mr McGregor was an old guy with a beard, 99% of the animals were too terrified of him to go near the farm even when he wasn't there, and Peter was mischievous but never struck me as a party animal.

Although, it does look much better in this trailer.[/color]

Has anyone else read the books? Or seen the [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fErRjperZiM]old cartoons
? They were good. ^^

And the newer TV series isn't bad. It has some major differences to the books but I think it stays true to the spirit of them.

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the awesome Uncle Noob!

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:43 am
Profile WWW

Sleet wrote:

That's the thing - it probably will be. While I find it a bit cool that they're going to revive it for a new generation, I'd really appreciate it if they - well, you know - didn't? Besides, look who's making it.

Sony Animation. Their track record for this year is abysmal, to say the least. But this looks somewhat promising, so I'll give it a pass... for now.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]