Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic 
Site Administrator

That's a far exaggerated account of my first real-life brony friend learning I watch the show.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:25 am
Profile WWW

Hopefully the mustaches were not exaggerated. Mustaches really make the interaction

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:59 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

No, unfortunately neither of us has or had a 'stache.

EDIT: This comic is so adorable!

Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:03 pm
Profile WWW

Since I found out about MLPFIM from you guys (thank you by the way) I have been introducing the show to all my friends kids. Its funny to watch them look at me like "did he just say he loves MLPFIS" and yes I do. And then so do their kids and they blame me that they have to watch it with their kids now thanks to me.

Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to.
Luke 13:24

Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:35 pm
Site Administrator

They should be thankful! They made that show specifically to be enjoyable for the parent watching rather than it being a chore.

EDIT: Dang, I am thoroughly impressed by this cosplay.

Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:29 am
Profile WWW

Imma just leave this here http://mylittlefacewhen.com/f/6124/

Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:59 pm
Site Administrator

And her coat is even white. :B

Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:27 pm
Profile WWW

Oh dear. There are no words.

Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:10 am
Profile WWW

To all of my new friends, I bring you a gift that is 30% daww, 30% squeeing in joy, 40% addictive, and 100% diabetes inducing.

I give you, Cuteness Overload.

It is a Fimfiction group dedicated to cute pictures, mostly of little fillies (Because let's face it, little fillies are the kings of cute in MLP). Simply go to their forum and you will find many topics with lots of pictures. You will not be disappointed.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:59 pm

Random observation: instrumental versions of A True True Friend sound a lot like a hymn. This resemblance is even greater when you swap the instrument tracks from 'piano' to something like 'organ'.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:54 pm
Profile WWW

So Equestria Girls is on Netflix now. My fiance figured we needed to watch it..
And it was actually well done! It far exceeded my expectations, and is apparently canon to the storyline of FiM (and characters were introduced that will likely be in season 4, so..). It has also succeeded in making me a little scared of Pinkie Pie.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:50 pm
Site Administrator

Did they say characters would be introduced? I thought I heard that at least Flash Sentry would not show up.

It was pretty intrinsically dumb, simply by the concept alone, but they executed it in a way that's at least reasonably decent. I didn't regret watching it, though it still had some cringeworthy moments.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:29 pm
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

still sexist...

Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:59 pm
Profile WWW

Tica wrote:
still sexist...

What do you find sexist about it? Also, did you watch it?

Sleet wrote:
Did they say characters would be introduced? I thought I heard that at least Flash Sentry would not show up.

It was pretty intrinsically dumb, simply by the concept alone, but they executed it in a way that's at least reasonably decent. I didn't regret watching it, though it still had some cringeworthy moments.

All the bronies in my area are thinking it's going to play a good part into the next season, but I can't find confirmation beyond that it's canon. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see on that.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:25 pm

I heard that it wasn't going to be cannon to the show.

Of course, I avoid all spoiler type information that I can like the plague, and seeing how I heard that before the movie came out, things could have very well changed.

One thing that I really wouldn't mind is seeing Flash brought up in a "romantic incompetence" kind of way for Twilight. I'd like to see a light touch of humor in one episode about Twilight trying to deal with the fact he was assigned to guard her and she doesn't know how to handle it because of her crush. It probably won't happen, but I can still hope. Or I can just stick with fanfiction.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:02 pm
Lady Sloth

http://reelgirl.com/tag/equestria-girl/

http://feminspire.com/equestria-girls-h ... -so-wrong/

I admit to judging it based off the character designs and the trailer, but the character designs are stick-thin and sexualized, and the presence of a male love interest who steals the trailer gives me the sads.

I don't watch cartoons tho', really, so read what you will into what I say.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

I wouldn't blame the character designs on Hasbro themselves but rather the doll industry in general. This special was clearly made as a way to get Hasbro into the "alternative doll" market, so they used character models that fit that type of doll.

And the male love interest is pretty much a male Smurfette. He has no depth and no real purpose other than being a male love interest. If anything, he's sexist against men, but really I would just chalk it up to a forced attempt at hitting a ubiquitous high school trope and nothing more.

EDIT: Just saw the Season 4 premier! It was good, though I feel like it could have been better. It was a nice adventure episode but I don't think it was quite as funny as the show usually is. I'm interested where the quest at the end is going. It could make Season 4 fairly interesting yet is vague enough that it'll still probably give the show the freedom for the episodes to be disconnected like they usually are!

Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:03 am
Profile WWW

I've yet to see it, but I heard that the sound effect for the Dalek's death ray was used during a fight scene. Awesome if true!

Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:46 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

So I think Castle Mane-ia is one of my favorite episodes. There was just so much to like!

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:31 pm
Profile WWW

Indeed, it just may surpass my all-time favorite once I watch it a few more times.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:44 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next