Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Hate the sin, love the sinner? 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:53 pm
Posts: 539
Location: The land of fries, waffles, chocolate and beer
Marz wrote:
Jesus is merciful with everyone, but He judges them according to their acts.

So... will we be eventually shown mercy for our sins when we appear before Him or will we be judged on them? Or, alternate possibility, does 'everyone' in this sentence not actually mean everyone?

Marz wrote:
God loves everyone as they are His children, but He hates sin.

Same question, rephrased: when we stand before God, will He invite us in as His children or will He deliberately leave us in the cold for eternity? Or, alternatively, will He just revoke the 'child' status from people that have done the things He hates, just before we enter the door?

Those alternative possibilities are not there for show. I believe in God the Father, not in a god that sent his only true son through the ordeal of living and dying miserably in this world, just so he could use that as leverage against us. It's often paraphrased that 'violence is the final recourse of the powerless'. I don't agree with that. When one loses even the power of violence, there will always still be passive aggression. My God is most certainly not so powerless that He has to resort to that.

Marz wrote:
Kill the flesh and strengthen the Holy Spirit inside of you, put on the full Armor of God and prepare for the battle against the Enemy now that his dark kingdom has never been more stronger than before.

But do remember that if you don't choose your battles wisely, your opponent will do it for you and he will not leave you with many options for winning. If you go after the strategic issues, the details will be, in the end, merely clean-up work. If, on the other hand, you go after the details battle after battle, you will get worn out and defeated.

_________________
"If I could look beyond your face / and photograph your hidden place, / would I find you smiling in the picture?" K's Choice -- Almost Happy


Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:52 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:43 pm
Posts: 2
Quote:
So... will we be eventually shown mercy for our sins when we appear before Him or will we be judged on them? Or, alternate possibility, does 'everyone' in this sentence not actually mean everyone?

Quote:
Same question, rephrased: when we stand before God, will He invite us in as His children or will He deliberately leave us in the cold for eternity? Or, alternatively, will He just revoke the 'child' status from people that have done the things He hates, just before we enter the door?

I'll give you a real example of how God's mercy and judgement play together while being different. "So there was this poor woman who stole bread from a store to give it to her grandchildren. The mayor wanted to give mercy to her and let her go, but the shopkeeper was infuriated and wanted judgement to be made against her. The shopkeeper wanted the woman to pay $10 dollars for stealing the bread. The mayor set the woman guilty for the crime, but he payed the $10 dollars for her." This is just the way God acts when you put God in the position of the shopkeeper and mayor, judging and giving mercy at the same time.

God is giving us mercy right at this moment, lending us more time to live in order to repent for our sins.

Quote:
Those alternative possibilities are not there for show. I believe in God the Father, not in a god that sent his only true son through the ordeal of living and dying miserably in this world, just so he could use that as leverage against us. It's often paraphrased that 'violence is the final recourse of the powerless'. I don't agree with that. When one loses even the power of violence, there will always still be passive aggression. My God is most certainly not so powerless that He has to resort to that.


You are correct, I will never resort to violence because of what God said.

God sent Jesus which is God, this is the aspect of the Trinity that is not comprehensible to His creation. “and I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed: he shall crush thy head, and thou shalt strike his heel.” -Genesis 3:15, here God is promising that from Eve's seed Jesus will be born and will crush the snake(Satan) while dying doing so(Satan=sin=death). This was God's plan since the beginning. When Jesus died on the cross He did the following: gave us an example, took control of death, gave us the Holy Spirit(when He ascended), fulfilled the Law, provides us with free salvation, and proofed that He was God.

Quote:
But do remember that if you don't choose your battles wisely, your opponent will do it for you and he will not leave you with many options for winning. If you go after the strategic issues, the details will be, in the end, merely clean-up work. If, on the other hand, you go after the details battle after battle, you will get worn out and defeated.


:D The Holy Spirit chooses my battles. :D


Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:04 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:41 pm
Posts: 907
Location: Down Under
Huh. I never noticed Jesus was prophesied even way back in the start of Gensis. That's really cool, Marz!

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the awesome Uncle Noob!


Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:32 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software