Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
What kinds of things would you like to see FFC do? 

Are there any official admin responses to the other suggestions in this thread yet? Just curious.

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the awesome Uncle Noob!

Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:59 am
Profile WWW

Furrhan Blackwood wrote:
Something else I've been thinking about. I've brought it up before but it wasn't well received but maybe it's time to bring it up again.

Those of us who've been here for a while are well aware of the rocky history of these forums even if we weren't around when it happened. Part of the stigma of that is still attached to the branding. "Furs For Christ" as a name is still very similar to "Furs Fur Christ".

Perhaps in order to remove the stigma we should rebrand somehow. I do want to be respectful to our history and our founders but we do need to make sure our history doesn't hold us back. We do need to move forward and not just live in the past and I think working to remove the stigma will be a great way to encourage people to consider exploring our forums again.

I don't anticipate a re-branding. FFC's been around for a very long time and we haven't had a forum wipe in years. I'm interested in hearing feedback from people who aren't me, though, so y'all should feel free to discuss this at greater length.

Furrhan Blackwood wrote:
Another idea that just occurred to me. Perhaps we could form some partnerships with other furry sites for mutual advertising or benefits? Just a random thing to think about.

Unfortunately, most of the other Christian furry Web communities don't think too highly of us. As for general fandom sites, I wouldn't discount the possibility entirely, but few come to mind that would be low-risk affiliating with and beneficial to both parties.

Furrhan Blackwood wrote:
As well as the prayer forum we could have a crisis hotline. If people need prayer or support urgently for something perhaps there could be a phone number for a staff member/volunteer or two that they could call. We could even work out a rota of some sort so that there is someone to answer their phone available at all times and have the times listed somewhere so that people know who to call?

I'm not generally opposed. I wonder whether there would be sufficient interest, though, and I think it's probably best to refer members in crisis to professionals.

Romans 10:13

Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:11 pm
Profile WWW
Lady Sloth

For actual crises, I think that professional crisis lines would be best. Perhaps we could have a sticky post somewhere with a list of various crisis hotlines and chatrooms?

Some churches have a kind of prayer request rota though, so you could maybe do something like that?

Wed May 17, 2017 9:15 pm
Profile WWW

Dissension wrote:
I don't anticipate a re-branding. FFC's been around for a very long time and we haven't had a forum wipe in years. I'm interested in hearing feedback from people who aren't me, though, so y'all should feel free to discuss this at greater length.

I don't mean wiping the forums or anything. Just giving them a new name and a new look. Show that we're willing to move forward and put our rocky past behind us.

Also, what do you admins think of the news ticker and social media ideas? You haven't commented on those yet.

I think y'all are probably right about the crises thing though. It is important to refer to professionals.

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Thu May 18, 2017 4:48 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Furrhan Blackwood wrote:
Those of us who've been here for a while are well aware of the rocky history of these forums even if we weren't around when it happened. Part of the stigma of that is still attached to the branding. "Furs For Christ" as a name is still very similar to "Furs Fur Christ".

Perhaps in order to remove the stigma we should rebrand somehow. I do want to be respectful to our history and our founders but we do need to make sure our history doesn't hold us back. We do need to move forward and not just live in the past and I think working to remove the stigma will be a great way to encourage people to consider exploring our forums again.

I've been here for over 12 years now. FFC will always be FFC.

Quote:
Another idea that just occurred to me. Perhaps we could form some partnerships with other furry sites for mutual advertising or benefits? Just a random thing to think about.
We tried that a few years ago and it didn't go well at all. IDK if it would be better now but I'd like to have some kinda partnership.

Quote:
EDIT: Another idea that just occurred to me. As well as the prayer forum we could have a crisis hotline. If people need prayer or support urgently for something perhaps there could be a phone number for a staff member/volunteer or two that they could call. We could even work out a rota of some sort so that there is someone to answer their phone available at all times and have the times listed somewhere so that people know who to call?
I agree with what's been said about professional help but I think a prayer chain would be good too; having members all over the world would help with that. :P

Thu May 18, 2017 2:01 pm
Profile WWW

Great to see other Christian furs! :D

Is there any chance we could get a telegram group going?

~Bando

Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:17 am

We already have one! Feel free to add me, Sleet, Ian, Koshka or Diss on Telegram and we can add you to the chat!
(@Furrhan, @neodissension, @IanGecko, @SleetTheFox, @kittykosh)

Chat rules

Also, welcome to the forums! It's great to have you! Do feel free to ask any of our staff if you have any questions or concerns about anything!
And we'd love to get to know you so do post in the Introductions thread so we can say hi properly! :D

Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:25 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2