Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Do Something 

Today while driving, this song, "Do Something", by Matthew West came on the radio. It challenged me and I think it really makes a very important point. The song is about how we always sit and complain about how unfair things are and how much pain and suffering and suchlike is in the world. In particular the following stanza resonated in me:

Quote:
So, I shook my fist at Heaven
Said, “God, why don’t You do something?”
He said, “I did, yeah, I created you”

We are all put on this Earth for a reason. God has a purpose for each and everyone one of our lives and that purpose is for us to touch others and bring a little light to people's lives. If we can do that for even one person then we've served our purpose. But that's not enough. Because if we all keep moving and touching as many people as we can then just think how much we can spread God's love, how much joy and peace we can bring and how much good we can create in the world!

You don't have to do anything big. You don't have to donate millions to charity or fly to Africa to build houses and schools. What you do can be as small as putting an extra can or two of food in your trolley to donate to a homeless shelter or an animal shelter. It can be as small as taking a struggling neighbour a dish of food so they don't have to cook for a day or two. It can be as small as giving the homeless person outside Starbucks ten or twenty bucks on your way past, or if you can't do that, just saying hi and letting them know someone cares. It can be as small as calling a friend or family member you haven't seen in a while and saying hello. It can be as small as buying a bunch of balloons or a couple of stuffed toys and sending them to the children's ward at the hospital. It can be as small as making some time to visit your local senior citizens home and having a chat to the people living there to brighten their day. It can even be as small as smiling and saying "please" and "thank you" to the cashier serving you.

Small actions go a very long way and can mean the world to people. You never know what is going to turn their day or even their world around.

As the song says, we're never going to change the world by standing still and it's not enough to do nothing. Even if you don't think it, you DO have the ability to help people and to change this world for the better, a little at a time.

So, I'd like to challenge each and every one of you reading this. Today, and every day, take every opportunity you can to make someone's day that little bit better. Show and share God's love by sharing the blessings He's given you with everyone else whenever you can.

I guarantee it's worth it.

It might seem insignificant to you but to whomever you touch it could literally mean the world.

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the awesome Uncle Noob!

Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:38 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]