Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Post Your Service! 
Site Administrator

I went to church with TomIsAwesome this week! The sermon was about how to simplify Christmas and focus on Christ, such as spending less, planning less, doing more charity, and not getting caught up in culture war stuff.

Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:42 pm
Profile WWW

Keep "Christ" in "Christmas" rather than forgetting that He is the reason for the season, basically?

We went to visit a pastor who was moved from our Church to one in another town; we got up early to leave to hear him preach.
Go figure that he wasn't preaching that day, but instead there was a 45-minute-long skit put on by the kids. LOL.

Joshua chapter 1, verse 9.

Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

I'm spending less at Christmas for sure; Dad and stepmom don't want presents; I'm knitting stuff for my mom, my brother and his fiancée; Foxy's getting a thing or two.

Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:58 pm
Profile WWW

Because I have the money, I'm spending more for others this year (thus killing off what money I had, but hey: God provides.) I used to make things, but a lot of things people want cannot be made.

Joshua chapter 1, verse 9.

Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:19 pm
Profile WWW

From today's Bible study:

God is unchanging.
He cannot change for the worse, because that would make Him less than perfect.
He cannot change for the better, because He already is the Best.

Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:03 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Our interim pastor actually had a good sermon this time! The main point is that Christians should stop looking back to the "good old days" where Christians had an undeserved prominence in society, we didn't have to discuss how to welcome gay people, or be reminded that black lives matter. Instead we should look forward at how we should carry God's light in the future, especially in light of all these issues Christians have historically done very little to help.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:19 pm
Profile WWW

From today's reading regarding Faith and Works:

"Beware of a mere intellectual faith. No man can come
to Christ by faith and remain the same any more than
he can come into contact with a 220-volt wire and remain
the same."

-- Warren Wiersbe

Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:40 pm
Profile WWW

UGuardian wrote:
any more than
he can come into contact with a 220-volt wire and remain
the same.

You mean that I am different than before? *twitch*

(But seriously, apart from having learned that electricity can be painful, the occasions where I got zapped didn't change me a lot. I think.)

Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:36 am

Here is what we started this week.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:18 am
Site Administrator

That sounds like a great message to dig deeper into!

Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:54 pm
Profile WWW

We had service on the first bubble of the cross picture i posted last. We talked about prayer and how to pray verticly and have a relationship with G-d and not using prayer as a recorce. G-ds not a resorce , as my pastor said, He is a person and just wants that relationship. Then took a look into Christs prayer, how it starts out honuring G-d , getting vertical first then praying from our hearts.

Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:47 am
Site Administrator

We had a sermon about how God's priorities aren't always the same as ours. The pastor paraphrased NFL quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who said he doesn't agree with praying for success in sports or thanking God for it, because God doesn't care about the outcome. He just cares about the people in the game.

Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:27 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Our sermon was about the Prodigal Son!

Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:01 pm
Profile WWW

Our sermon was on thr next bubble. The one with the book. Represents being in the scripture. Studying it daily and learning from it and such. That the bible mentions being a diciple 269 times and christian only 3 times. Just another way not to be a cultural christian and live a virtical life is reading the scripture andnpracticing what you read. And so forth.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:39 pm
Site Administrator

This week's sermon was about unity in the Church and how we all have different spiritual gifts. One way the pastor illustrated this was actually a furry story called Barrington Bunny.

Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:54 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Tom and I visited a church last Sunday and the sermon was on welcoming outsiders, with emphasis on LGBT people. It was a pretty great coincidence (or was it?) that we were there that Sunday. ^o^ I also loved the church. I think I'll go back.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Hey the last post was the last time Tom and I went to church together! I have to miss a lot of church due to my job but I like being able to hear what y'all are having at your churches!

Last Sunday at Tom's church the sermon was on his it's perfectly fine to have good things in your life, but how we shouldn't treat them as the "one thing," which is reserved for God. The pastor emphasized that we should marvel after God like we often do for a prized possession.

Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:41 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator

Our service was about how God sees through to the beloved person we truly are, and how we should do the same with each other. We discussed the story of Zachaeus, who Jesus identified and loved in spite of what he's done. The pastor said sin doesn't dim the light of God inside of us, it merely covers it. Even the darkest person is still His creation deep down.

Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:16 pm
Profile WWW

If the Devil isn't bothering you, it's probably because you're not bothering him.

No opposition = no spiritual growth or progress.

Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:51 pm
Profile WWW

Our church service was about how Jesus reformed sinners and how he said "for those without sin,cast the first stone" and where he also said to the women to "go and sin no more"

Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next