Banning Daylight Savings Time

Honestly, I would hope that in the future, we can ban this nonessential complexity known as Daylight Savings Time.

Although farmers are cited for liking it, many farmers actually lobbied aggressively against it in the early 20th century.

Suicides and car crashes rise from it.

Airliners and passenger rail companies are stressed by it. In fact, Amtrak will often just stop for an hour on the day we gain an hour.

I would love to get Daylight Savings Time abolished for good.

We don’t need to “ban” it like DST is something people choose to do. DST is done by governments. We can just have governments stop doing it.

But I do agree. Not to mention work gets missed when people make mistakes, driving down productivity. There just isn’t enough benefit for all of the costs.

Haha good point in that “ban” was not the right word. It isn’t a completely wrong one. “Abolish” would have made more sense.

So uhh… Did you guys not see this then? U.S. Senate approves bill to make daylight saving time permanent | Reuters

They’re actually trying to pass a law that completely abolishes it :stuck_out_tongue:

We’ll see if it goes anywhere, but I’d like it. Whether we have DST always or DST never, not having to change clocks would be nice.

1 Like